“Great modern hotel, would definitely stay again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Miami On Sale From $149
Ranked #13 of 129 hotels in Miami
Idaho
“Great modern hotel, would definitely stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Sets itself apart from most hotels with modern, lovely rooms and unusual hotel configuration. Reception and restaurant on the 25th floor was not in the least inconvenient -- I don't understand why other reviewers complained about it -- but rather a nice variation on the old "walk in the front door and stand at a counter" setup at most hotels. Bathroom was gorgeous. Breakfast buffet in restaurant was very good, though service was a bit lacking. I had a massage and pedicure at the hotel spa. The services themselves were perfectly adequate, but the spa setting was disappointing, with no comfortable place to relax and a rather spartan locker room. Definitely didn't compare with other spa experiences I've had.

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

893 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

This hotel is located in the center of the financial district in Miami. If traveling for business, this is a great location! Some of the earlier reviews knock this location, but it all depends on what you are in Miami for. The check in is located on the 25th floor with amazing views of the city and the bay. The service is first class from the moment you arrive and the valet and doorman meets you at your car. You are escorted in to the building and to the elevators up to the lobby. Upon arrival in the lobby the front desk staff was outstanding. The awkward part is that the rooms are located off of another elevator bank and actually below the lobby. The rooms are nice, but are a bit worn. My room had a great view of the bay and South Beach, but the furnishings were a bit old and worn though. The TV was not up to par and needs to be replaced with a newer one (LCD, Plasma, etc). I was surprised that the TV was old and most likely circa 2000ish. The robes were very nice and the bathroom was excellent (large with a separate shower and tub). The nightly turn down service is also a nice treat, but I was surprised that there was not a mint /choclate on my pillow, as one mught expect from turn down service. Notably absent from the room is a coffee maker. I must say that I was shocked at this. In today's day of business travel, not having a coffee maker in the room is a real miss. It is frustrating to have to order room service just for a cup of coffee. The lobby bar is quite cool and offers outdoor seating where you overlook the bay. All in all, I would recommend this hotel for business travelers in Miami. The service is outstanding! The only negative is that the rooms could use some updating (especially the TV & lack of coffee maker). I would say that this hotel is truly 4 star, and with just a little updating, could be 5 star.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Came in off season for a last minute trip and was pleasantly surprised. Its not really close to the courthouse or financial district, but the rooms are great and the restaurant and common space are just wonderful. I will stay here on my next business trip.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Everything was A+ in the hotel: staff, rooms, check-in - you name it.
Only bad thing is location, but I guess this is the problem in whole Miami Downtown: there is nothing to do. Except you can take a walk to Publix and buy some Ben & Jerrys and eat it in your hotel room.

15 minutes walk to Bayside Marketplace, that was ok distance.

There was some minor problems in breakfast billing, I have pre-paid breakfast for two morning and both times they billed me twice. And half-rude waitress did underline the text: "Tip not included" and put a exclamation mark there.

They had a good deal on breakfast and Internet, I guess it was like $40 for two breakfasts and internet-connection for weekend.

That's odd, they did not gave us anything service expect billed us twice. And you expect a proper tip for that.

But still, I recommend it for business travel - no for leisure.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Bostonn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

I have stayed at much better DoubleTrees , Embassy Suites or Hiltons than this COnrad. The location was OK, far from the beach or anything fun ( its in the heart of Business District). The Valet service was 35$ a night, which it what you expect from a conrad, but a little too high if you ask me.

The front desk staff were so so. they were polite, but not helpful. Our room wasnt ready by 12, and they were supposed to call us when it was ready. so we had t call around 2, and then they said " oh yeah its ready". By then we had already given our bags to Valet, and they said they will deliver our bags to our room. During check in ( around 2:30) i asked the front desk to have them bring the luggage to our room. needless to say, my girlfriend and i go to our room, take a nap, wake up at 5 and still no luggage. ( however, housekeeping knocked on the door and woke us up, because they thought our room was not clean ).

anyways,we had to call again to get our luggage. You'd expect conrad to be better.

this hotel did have the most beautiful bathroom/shower/hottub i had ever seen in a hotel, i have to give them that much. But the water piping sucked, every 3-4 mins the pip would rattle and a whistling sound would come from the pipe and the water pressure would fall.

My stay included breakfast, and the breakfast was amazing. The restaurant ( ATRIO ) was great.

Overall, i didnt like my stay at this hotel.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

I booked a stay at the Conrad for the Saturday night before a cruise (Mar 6) when my partner and I were traveling with another couple. We had a great, simple stay in Miami and would recommend the Conrad for travelers heading to Miami for business or a pre-cruise stay. Service, breakfast, and the pool temperature were there highlights. I was staying on Hilton Honors points, so the room was free and I almost feel guilty that the only money I spent during the one night stay was a $16 gratuity for our waiter at breakfast. I'd happily return to spend more money in the future!

What I Liked:

- Service was great at the front desk (Marilou) and the concierge desk (Richard)
- Despite the hotel being sold out (it was a spring break weekend in Miami), the staff didn't cite it as a reason for any shortcomings; they did their best to meet expectations
- I hoped to check in early and called the front desk before 6am to alert them of my early arrival and was pleased to find a room being prepared for us when we arrived at 11:30am
- We ended up waiting longer than anticipated for the room since housekeeping noticed a stain on the carpet they needed to remedy; I appreciated the team being proactive!
- The concierge gave us a great recommendation for brunch (Balan's), which was very reasonably priced and a nice walk from the hotel
- As a Diamond VIP, I was provided with an upgrade to a Bay View Deluxe room #1721(simple, clean, a little small). We weren't blown away, but it met our needs. We also received free internet and two free breakfast buffets.
- I received a call in the evening to inquire if there was anything I needed to make the stay satisfactory. I mentioned that we had four people in the room and asked if they'd be able to provide a discounted rate on the breakfast buffet for the thrid and fourth members of our party (the Diamond VIP benefit includes only two complimentary buffets). After being placed on a brief hold, the team member offered to provide a total of four complimentary breakfast buffets. This was above and beyond the service I'd expected an certainly appreciated.
- The breakfast buffet was FANTASTIC! The food presentation was great. The wait staff was very attentive with drink refills, etc.
- The temperature of the outdoor pool was complete bliss! There are simple cabana areas free of charge.
- The team member at the front desk of the spa was very pleasant (and cute!)

Items To Be Aware Of:

- This property is not well-designed for people looking to party in South Beach since the location isn't very convenient to that area
- The outdoor rooftop pool is nice but it is separated from the rest of the hotel and lounge chairs are limited
- As other reviewers have mentioned, you'll spend a lot of time riding elevators. I expected it, so I wasn't put off by it. I must admit that occasionally I did press the wrong button a few times, forgetting that I had to go up to go down.
- Some details of the room fell short: Our desk lamp was missing a leg on the base, causing it to be tilted and it would rock when touched; one of the reading lamps mounted in the headboard was broken; the bookcase used to store of the minibar snacks was tilted and not fitting correctly against the wall.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
asimoes, Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 28, 2010
Thank you very much for staying at the Conrad for your recent visit to Miami.

We would like to express sincere appreciation to provide us your positive feedback through our survey.

We would like to take this opportunity to ask you if you have any preferences with your room location, view, room temperatures, type of pillows and preferred Housekeeping service time. We will make sure to accommodate your request every time you visit us. I would be happy to discuss your future reservations to ensure that your stay with us will be a memorable one again.

We look forward to welcome you in near future.

Conrad Management
Athens, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Stayed here for a night in June 2006. The hotel is classy. Great service from the get-go. We got a drink and a burger at the bar. Watched the World Cup.

The room was incredible. The view of the bay was tremendous. The bathroom was nicer than any. Granite from top to bottom. Floor-to-ceiling windows. The bed was awesome. Sheets were so comfortable and clean.

The pool was very nice, we were the only people out there.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
asimoes, Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 28, 2010
Thank you very much for staying at the Conrad for your recent visit to Miami.

We look forward to welcome you in near future.

Conrad Management
Conrad Miami

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!