“A very nice stay at the Conrad” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Miami From $209
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“A very nice stay at the Conrad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

We only stayed one night at the Conrad Hotel but it was very enjoyable and relaxing. We got a 1-bedroom bay view residence suite and may I say the room was WOW! I read a few reviews with people saying the rooms at the Conrad are small and a bit worn...not this one. Our suite on the 26th floor was very luxurious and comfortable with 2 walls of floor-to-ceiling windows. We had views of the water (of course!), Key Biscayne, Miami Beach, and the causeways. It was spectacular! The suite had a complete kitchen w/ stainless steel appliances and granite, a washer/dryer, nice dinette table, great living a bed rooms. The bathroom was very luxurious with granite and tile and a separate tub and shower. The only cons on the room was the tv in the living room is in this nook in the wall and it was a little low and there seemed to be a little too much dust in bedroom. That's probably just from all of the windows though. Neither was that big of deal. The service at the Conrad is amazing, def 4 star! We enjoyed the bar at Level 25, but did not visit the restaurant. The pool area is nice as well. Yes the layout at the hotel is a bit strange, with you having to take one set of elevators to the 25th floor and then another to your room, but whatever not that big of a deal. The only other thing I would say is that the room service food was dry. I had to put a lot of syrup on my waffles, it was a shame b/c they were really good just dry. So were the pancakes and the omelette. Would I stay here again? Yes, but it would definitely have to be in one of the residence suites again. I guess im just spoiled now, lol ;)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
asimoes, Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 28, 2010
Thank you very much for staying at the Conrad for your recent visit to Miami.

We would like to express sincere appreciation to provide us your positive feedback through our survey.

We would like to take this opportunity to ask you if you have any preferences with your room location, view, room temperatures, type of pillows and preferred Housekeeping service time. We will make sure to accommodate your request every time you visit us. I would be happy to discuss your future reservations to ensure that your stay with us will be a memorable one again.

We look forward to welcome you in near future.

Conrad Miami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

The views are dramatic from the 25th floor sky lobby/bar and the space is beautifully decorated. The staff on check in was extremely professional and personal. Disappointments and criticisms: My assigned room (more below) was already showing signs of wear. The wood on the dresser the television sat on was beat up and the wood veneer separating from the material underneath. There was a very large, dark stain on the carpet between the bed and the closet where something had spilled and splattered. Something had been spilled on the windowsill too, and was still there. The hotel seemed quite empty given four floors of nearly empty "valet-only" parking spaces in the deck, and very little traffic in the bar and restaurant, but no room upgrade was offered despite Gold HH status. Breakfast and internet were provided though, so no cause to complain perhaps. I do complain though for a different reason: the map of rooms on the back of the room door (21st floor) indicated that a handful of rooms were narrower than the standard size rooms on that floor (I'm not counting the really large rooms that showed on the map, which I assume are suites or something). Mine was one of the few narrow rooms. Because of this, there was very little room between the end of the bed and the front of the dresser and television - the room had a very cramped feeling. Also, nearly half the room was an even narrower unusable/unfurnished space from the door to where the room opened up and became larger. This particular room was also right next to the elevator and so there was the constant sound of the elevator coming and going. My point: why not be aware of which rooms on a floor are less desireable than others (they are smaller; they are noisier), and make an effort to first assign other rooms without these problems if you have space? I'd recommend the hotel give that some thought to that. Had a quieter, less cramped, and cleaner room been assigned, I would probably stay again. At this point, I'll check out other options before returning.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
asimoes, Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 28, 2010
Thank you very much for your recent review of Conrad Miami on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. Your comments are very important to us and we addressed the issues to the senior management team to ensure that proper procedures are followed in future to avoid reoccurrence of the issue.
We will work very diligently to correct these deficiencies.
We would like to personally discuss with you how we could regain your confidence with Conrad Miami.

Managua, Nicaragua
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

I choose to stay @ the Conrad w/ my mother on a daughter/mother leisure trip to Miami, I choose the Conrad due to its location, I know the area well. The staff was genuinely attentive, though the front desk staff does seem very young, don't look very prepared to handle difficult requests unless they call on some manager. I asked one of them to change my name on the hotel receipt at check out and she had to ask the girl next to her to help her out w/ this??? This is not a rocket science request. We booked a double room...they are small, I sincerely felt like I was at a boutique hotel, more than a four star luxury hotel, but this did not bother me as much as the fact that the walls are paper thin (as another reviewer pointed out) we had a crying baby next door to us which kept us up all night (for two nights). I would have asked to switch rooms, but my mother didn't want the hassle of packing up all our things in the middle of the night. Needless to say, this scenario repeated itself the second night as well. My trip didn't go at all as I planned it...I was really looking forward to a relaxing weekend and instead got placed next to a crying baby who kept me up all night for 2 nights. The second night I complained to the front desk but I wouldn't be able to tell you if they really sent anyone down because it was 12:00 a.m.. The valet parking is $32.00 per night...but to add insult to injury...there is a $4.00 TAX to this amount so the total really comes out to : $36.00 per day for Parking!!! I thought this hotel was overpriced, the rooms small and you can hear everything that goes on in the rooms next door. The staff was nice, but after this experience I don't think I would be back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
asimoes, Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 24, 2010

Miami - Fort Lauderdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

I chose the Conrad as weekend Birthday celebration getaway for my boyfriend and I. The packages they offered were quite generous and being in Brickell it seemed like a great fit for a great weekend. Upon arrival we were greeted by the valet and bellman, your typical hotel service that makes you exhale and get ready to relax. The service ended there, as you walk into the hotel you have to take an elevator up 25 floors to reach check -in, when we arrived there was only one person working the desk - but it was not busy. She was courteous but not friendly. I was able to overlook this by looking out at the bay - the views are beautiful.
Our room was decent, a king size bed and a corner location which opted for stunning views in all directions. Upon unpacking my toiletries I almost sliced my finger open on the broken glass tray - very poor in my opinion, as well as the soaps - they were very cheap and smelled bad for what is supposed to be a upper end hotel. we had room service a few times and felt it to be lacking - and the room service attendants as well as other hotel employees were very defensive when I said something wasn't right - a very big turn off for me - when staying at a hotel I do want to worry about anything and instead of just rectifying the problems they made me to feel as if it were my fault - very rude in fact. I could have overlooked some of this with room service understanding not everything will be perfect but what set me off the most was the Spa service. I had booked a surprise facial for my boyfriend. I was told to arrive 15 minutes before his appointment. That morning we took the elevator to the 24 floor to step into noise, the fitness center is adjoined to the Spa, there was a gentleman in gym gear yelling on his phone about business, at first I thought we were in the wrong place yet we weren't there just wasn't anyone at the reception desk to greet us. We sat for 15 minuted before the esthetician came out, when I told her we had been sitting there for 15 minutes she told me my appointment was at 12:30 and that I was wrong and the receptionist was on lunch. She was very rude - when the receptionist came back I had explained the same thing and she just told me she has no control, she was on her lunch break and that she wasn't the one to book the appointment. There was no empathy or "how can I fix this" mentality. I was very disappointed and for $165 facial I expected much better service - I would never recommend the spa to anyone. My boyfriend did say the facial was nice but you can get nice anywhere for a lot less. It felt more like a salon than a spa.
Overall the location and views were nice but that is where the positives end for the Conrad. I probably would not recommend the hotel unless someone is looking to specifically stay in the financial district. I found the staff lacked professionalism and overall service - when I stay at highly rated hotels - I expect more.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
yuliob7, Conrad Management at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, June 16, 2009

Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

I normally stay at the JW Marriott across the street when on business in Miami, but decided a change would be good and chose the Conrad.

The staff were polite and professional, but I found the elevator system to be annoying (the hotel is on the 25th floor, and you have to go around two corners and down a corridor to access the guest room elevators). The reception desk advised that I could self-park across the street, however upon checking out the parking garage told me that they didn't do this any more and any cars left overnight would now be towed!

The room was clean, the amenities satisfactory, but I prefer the straight-forward layout and normal parking set-up of the JW, which is the same price.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
yuliob7, Conrad Maagement at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, June 16, 2009

washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

Very attractive property with surprisingly confusing elevator pattern. Hilton Diamond treatment nothing special here but the hotel aspires to 4 Seasons care -- shoe shines, turn downs with wooden trays, overpriced breakfasts. This is strictly a biz hotel, Brickell Ave is quiet (or worse) at night so look at it as a point accumulator for a good bit off the cost of the nearby 4 Seasons. Front desk was very friendly -- every one was. The resto puts an 18% gratuity on the bill, perhaps becuase so many foreigners dont understand US tipping or maybe becuase they haven't been called on it (enough).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

Convenient to Port of Miami. We did get this room with our Hilton Honors for free and paid a small amount for an upgrade to a corner room. I was a bit worried from all the reviews but we were very happy. The trip to the pool is a bit strange but not a big deal. The view out our bathroom wall of windows was of another residence but with the bay beyond. We walked down to the water right after the sun came up.The bathroom is huge. We walked to the Brickell Village for dinner feeling safe and to a grocery store in the morning. The front desk was helpful and the bellhops pleasant. The room itself was not huge but clean and met our needs complete with flat screen T.V. I have no complaints and we will stay here again in the fall.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your recent review of Conrad Miami on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Your comments are very important to us.

We look forward to welcome you back to Conrad Miami.

Conrad Miami

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!