“Great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Luxury From $169
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Miami
New York
“Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

Was in town to entertain clients! Central location to Capitol Grille, Miami CVB and Miami Auto Spa.

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
yuliob7, Management at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, April 17, 2009
Thank you very much for staying at the Conrad for your recent visit to Miami.

We would like to express our sincere appreciation to provide us your positive feedback

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Conrad Miami. If you have any preferences with your room location, view, room temperatures, type of pillows and preferred Housekeeping service time. We will make sure to accommodate your request every time you visit us. I would be happy to discuss your future reservations to ensure that your stay with us will be a memorable one again.

I look forward to hearing from you in near future. Please contact Director of Front Office Operations for any future reservations.

Conrad Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Nashville,TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

I am from Miami and I have seen the prices skyrocket over the years. The Conrad was a great value for the price. Close enough to the beach to see it from your room but away from the hustle and bustle. Took advantage of the 20% advance purchase discount and the room was under $200. GREAT. We requested a room on a high floor and was upgraded to a king residence which is their version of an extended stay with a small kitchen area. Let me tell you, you cant get a room like this on the beach. Great bed with nice linen, Very spacious. Wish there was an Ipod docking station. And the valet is $27 a night or you can park your self for $24. WTH. Except for that I loved it. The same type of room was $300+ at the JW Marriott, and $400 at the Mandrin, and $450+ at the Four Season, and Vicroy. For the price we got .The only place I will saty in Miami.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Key West, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

This was our first stay at a Conrad. The room was beautiful - using our Hilton Diamond status got us a wonderful upgraded room with awesome views of the water. continental breakfast was disappointing - opted for other things on the menu which were much better. hostess service in the restaurant was poor; other employees were wonderful - brought us a refrigerator to the room and specific types of pillows. we were travelling on gov't rate so it wasn't too badly priced but i wouldn't pay the normal fees for the room - too pricey. Other inconvenience - you had to go outside to another building to use the pool and tennis courts - way too many switching of elevators to get anywhere.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
yuliob7, Management at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, April 17, 2009
Thank you very much for staying at the Conrad for your recent visit to Miami.

Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

While the hotel itself is nice, the service was horrible - the worst service experience of any class hotel I have stayed in. The reception staff was either completely new, because I had to explain to them what they needed to do, or just did not care. They gave me the wrong type and number of breakfast coupons, champagne delivery was late by 30-40 minutes (I was told they were cooling it off :) ), and in general I got the feeling that my girlfriend and I were just distracting them from something important. The room was modern and good, but no one explained to me how to operate the technology that was not completely integrated (thankfully, the mechanic I had called shared this secret information with me), so I had to juggle among 3 different remotes, and still the TV would not turn off or on from the first attempt. To summarize, if you plan to spend this amount of money, you are most likely better off staying at another five star hotel in Miami.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
yuliob7, management at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, April 17, 2009
Thank you very much for your recent review of Conrad Miami on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. Your comments are very important to us and we addressed the issues to the senior management team to ensure that proper procedures are followed in future to avoid reoccurrence of the issue. We will work very diligently to correct these deficiencies.

We would like to personally discuss with you how we could regain your confidence with Conrad Miami. Please contact Director of Front Office Operations to further discuss with the issue.

Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

Travel to Miami at leat once a month on business and have am Hilton VIP Gold and Marriott Elite Gold. I have stayed at the Conrad about 6 times over the past few years and every time I stay there I am so disappointed. It's actually a beautiful property but has terrible service - all around and everytime. It's amazing how consistent the poor service is throughout the hotel. I notice it everytime I stay there and this last tstay will be my last.
The JW Marriott next door and even the newly renovated Marriott Biscayne offer far better service.
The issues are not major but they happen often enough to be annoying. Among them:
* Long lines at check in and unfriendly staff
* Small gym with no headphones ("they have all been stolen")
* No newspaper delivery
* Charge gold members for internet (Marriott does not)
* Loud rap music plays by pool and at lounge (Business people stay here - not spring breakers!)
* Took 30 minutes to get a drink in lounge (literally) and that was only after we chased her down. Both times I visited lounge there was only one waitress serving whole lounge. Bartender is miserable.
* 15 minute wait for breakfast while many tables were empty. Business people do not have time for that. Continental buffet was very limited and not replenished both mornings. Really bad service too. One morning we just left after never getting our check. We were in a hurry and there was no one to be found. Was never even offered coffee the entire breakfast.
* Doormen just stand and stare at you as you struggle in with your luggage. Holding the door is out of the question.

Very obvious hotel is short staffed. I know hotels are cutting back but the hotel was busy so no need to have limited staff. I receive better service at Hilton and Marriott. Not sure what the Conrad name get s you.............

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
yuliob7, management at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, April 17, 2009

New Jersey, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

This trip was a combination personal/business trip so I stayed at the Conrad as it is on my company's "preferred" list of hotels in Miami. This was my first stay and certainly my last.

In terms of location, it was perfect - within the financial district where I needed to be for business and a short drive to South Beach for pleasure. The King room I stayed in was spacious though not that large.

I have several gripes about the hotel:
- the room I was given was a handicapped room which was fitted for wheelchair access, etc. Not being disabled, I couldn't understand why I was given that room however when I noticed the fold down seat in the shower, the small sink and other accomodations for disabled people, I called the front desk and requested a room change. I also mentioned the noise from the housekeeping closet next to my room. In the hour I was in the room, the housekeeping closet door slammed at least 5 times so I knew it was going to be a problem in the early morning hours. I was told the room was given to me as it was requested by my company's travel agency. This is the most ridiculous excuse I ever heard! I travel at least every other week, know my agent very well and therefore know this was just the desk clerk's way of shifting responsibility. On my request for a room change, I was told the hotel was fully booked (very hard to believe) and that I would receive a call the next morning offering me a new room. I stayed in the Conrad 3 nights and no one ever called back. You would think someone who is a VIP member of Hilton Honors would be treated better.

Another complaint about this hotel is the parking fee: $27 dollars a day for valet parking! When I mentioned this was excessive, I was told I had the option to self-park but this would cost $25 and I had to pay each tie I exited the garage. How ridiculous! A friend came to the hotel for a drink and was charged the $27 valet fee for 3 hours.

A couple of other complaints:

Though the bed was a king size, it sunk on one side and so it was very uncomfortable to sleep in.

You can hear everything from the adjoining room. I mean EVERYTHING! After being kept up late each night, I had to wake when I heard their alarm go off at 6:00 am.

I have advised my company's travel department about these issues and recommended the Conrad be removed from the preferred list.

• Liked — Spacious room
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
frontoffice43, Director at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 11, 2009
Dear Guest,

We will work very diligently to correct these deficiencies.
We would like to personally discuss with you how could we regain your confidence with Conrad Miami.

Please contact Director of Front Office Operations at 305 503 6500 or by e-mail miamiinfo@conrahotels.com to further discuss with the issue.

305 503 6500
miamiinfo@conrahotels.com
Espirito Santo Plaza
1395 Brickell Avenue
Miami, Fl 33131
buenos aires
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

After reading very good reviews, and after having very good Conrad experiences we booked this hotel for Christmass time. It was a huge dissapointment, the rooms are very good and nice but the service was terrible, the beakfast a disaster, the concierge other disaster, the bar at the 25 floor has spectacular views but enable to enjoy because of the freezing temperatures they put the air condition.
The first night we couldn´t sleep beacuse of a terrible noise of an engine, the last night we have to call security because people was running and screaming at the corridors, it was an awfull experience and we will never cone back to this property.

• Liked — the views
  • Disliked — the service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!