“Where to stay on Brickell Ave: the Conrad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Miami On Sale From $149
Ranked #13 of 130 hotels in Miami
Los Angeles, California
“Where to stay on Brickell Ave: the Conrad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Brickell is booming and if you are not in Miami for the beach, this is a good place to stay for all the many other things going on in this wonderful city . Comfortable beds and decent sized rooms. Service is generally good, though the restaurant quality was not quite as consistent as I would expect in a first rate hotel and I was surprised that turndown service was not standard, and not very well done when I asked for it. These relatively small issues aside, I would recommend the Conrad. The staff are friendly and helpful, especially the front desk. Prices are reasonable.

Room Tip: Bay view is good but city view is also fine. All rooms are high enough to be quiet and to have good...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear RNPSHP Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to know that your service expectations were met with kindness by our team. We will look forward to your return visit.

898 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My stay was an overall amazing experience from valet, concierge, and restaurant. I was very impressed with the hospitality of every employee. They went above and beyond to show my girlfriend and a truly great time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Omar M Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to know that we succeeded in providing a hotel experience and we look forward to your next visit.
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

From the minute we walked in we loved this property. As a Hilton Honors member we were invited to a wine and cheese party in the wine cellar with free wine and cheese from 4-7pm. It was a nice little touch. The rooms were beautiful, every staff member was smiling and super friendly. The Brickell area of Miami was a great location for drinks and dining outside the property. Overall I rate the Conrad 12 on a 1-10 scale. I will be returning.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Cattani424 Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to know that your service expectations were met with kindness by our team. We will look forward to your return visit.
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I expected alot more than this, It was just a clean room with a partial view of the bay. No hot water the first night. The bed was hard, and the flashing light on the smoke detector was very annoying. The a/c would not regulate room temps ( cool than hot ) The valet parking was unbelivable, 38 dollars plus parking fee, plus taxes. The best part was the friendly staff, and the bar staff was very friendly and informative. I was looking for a very romantic night and received an upscale holiday inn.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear glenn s I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us. It is through our guest’s valuable feedback that we are able to evaluate and improve upon the high standards of customer service expected of us. Needless to say we did not exceed not meet your expectation and I am very sorry and will make sure to correct these mistakes right away. As a valued guest, may I ask that you contact my office directly for further discussions.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Generally speaking we enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Conrad. The room, while somewhat small, was well appointed, and comfortable. The elevators to the room are somewhat complicated, given that the hotel is built over an office building. My one complaint is the cleanliness of the pool and hot tub. But there is construction of a massive tower right next to the pool area, which explains the sand/grime. However, the hotel should do a better job cleaning the hot tub and the pool.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Conrad

Dear Brauna thank you for taking your time to write a review about the Conrad Miami. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your accomidations here at the hotel and we look forward to your next visit soon! I do apologize about the debris you experienced, we are working very hard to prevent that from happing. Thank you once again for your time and we look forward to serving you again soon
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Located in the financial district, this hotel offers all you would expect from a luxury hotel. Clean and modern in appearance and high quality amenities. As a smoker, I also very much appreciated the availability of smoking rooms. I would not want to have to go up and down an average of 18 floors (up to lobby, down to street level) several times every evening.
The main issue I had with my room was the poor lighting. There was nowhere but in bed where I could read and as much as I enjoyed Miami downtown at night, I would have preferred to have been able to have proper 100W strong light in the main area of my room too.
Other issues were minor and mainly centered around an unrepaired shower head and lacking water pressure (no point in having a multi setting rain shower head when you only get a weak stream).
As indicated by at least one recent review, the main issues this hotel has is with service. Especially simple requests seem to only be filled after a follow-up. In my case requests as simple as ashtrays and a bucket of ice seemed unreasonable compared to a multi item in room dining order. The management may already be working on fixing this as they did check up on the fulfillment of orders, but if they fail to succeed in this regard I may have to look more closely at the neighboring competition.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms on the Brickell Ave side will afford the classic downtown Miami view at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Gekkoed thank you for taking your time to review the Conrad Miami. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the option of a smoking room and that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel. I am very sorry that our lighting in the room did not meet your expectations. I will make sure that we are taking care of those small details that can enhance your next stay at the Conrad Miami. Once again I personally apologize and you may contact my office directly for further discussions.
Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I expected more out of the Conrad brand and got a lot less. Here are the unfortunate examples which mostly centered around service: 1) First night of arrival: Check-in was very good and the service outstanding. After changing we went to the restaurant for dinner around 8. The hostess asked if we had a reservation, and when we said no, she informed us flatly they were full and it might be an hour or more wait. When I informed her that I was not aware of that requirement, and that we were tired as we just arrived, and that the restaurant looked half empty, she said she would see what she could do. She appeared inexperienced. We went to the bar, and she never came back. We flagged another waiter, who seemed to realize there was a problem, called the manager, who apologized, bought us drinks and got us seated quickly. The restaurant food, experience and service was excellent!..and the restaurant remained half empty. 2) The following evening we called the concierge (it took three tries through the front desk) to set up a dinner with my wife. His response was a groan, and that there was not much available (I honestly should have called earlier, but I was at a business meeting all day), which surprised me, but with some pushing from me he said he had a Peruvian restaurant nearby that may be available which we thought was great. He called back and set the reservation; he was very polite and friendly at that time. He insisted that we take a cab and a cab would be available for the return. So we took the advice, however cabs were not available for the return; the restaurant hostess made several attempts and called the Conrad Concierge back to inform him of the problem, but it was not addressed. I was hoping he would send a cab from the hotel, but it did not happen. My wife and I ended up walking back about 8 to 10 city blocks in high heels (she) and 63 degree weather (did not have jackets). The concierge was gone upon our arrival. We were OK, but I believe this could have been handled better. The restaurant suggestion was great however. 3) My wife used the pool amenity: She felt dust debris and water fall over her a few times that appeared to come form the building construction behind the pool. She witnessed construction workers watching her as she sunbathed and eventually she left. She also felt uncomfortable with the bar tender who kept walking around the pool and staring at her (a few rounds). Access to the pool is convoluted and long. 4) After a late night, we called to order breakfast on Saturday morning around 10 AM. I was immediately told it would over an hour for service due to a back up in the kitchen. That would not work as we had a lunch at noon. The lady suggested perhaps going out for breakfast. I thanked her, said no. I then called back and asked for just for coffee and muffins & toast to see if that would work. She hesitated, but said the real issue was that they only had one delivery person and they were short staffed; but she would try. They delivered the request in half an hour which was good. Everyone was polite and nice and the order was great; however, I would think that a hotel of this caliber would be better staffed on a holiday weekend. 5) We had requested a corner room at reservation, but one was not available at check-in; we ended up getting a room off the lobby which we never like. We ended up hearing some staff talking noise one morning outside our door, and worse we heard our neighbors talking and TV noise through the wall near the window, on the adjacent room to the right. This concerned us. I also heard the elevators going up and down (wind tunnel noise). 6) On departure, we requested our car. We brought our own luggage down by choice; but when we arrived there was one valet and he was busy helping a young lady. We waited and as he approached us we motioned towards our car; he went to the stand and handed us our keys; he never offered to help; so we ended up dragging our suitcase through the cobblestone pavers to our car. I went ahead and loaded the car as I watched the young valet attendant preoccupy himself as there were no other cars to assist. After the young lady, we were the only other car there. A fitting finish to an otherwise disappointing stay. Otherwise, the hotel design, views and cleanliness was great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Conrad

Dear glenn s Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including your accommodations, and valet charges. Though I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed your interaction with our team members. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations or the standards of Conrad Miami and, for this, I want to personally apologize. As a valued guest, may I ask that you contact my office directly for further discussions

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!