“Luxurious with service issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Miami From $209
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Zurich, Switzerland
“Luxurious with service issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Located in the financial district, this hotel offers all you would expect from a luxury hotel. Clean and modern in appearance and high quality amenities. As a smoker, I also very much appreciated the availability of smoking rooms. I would not want to have to go up and down an average of 18 floors (up to lobby, down to street level) several times every evening.
The main issue I had with my room was the poor lighting. There was nowhere but in bed where I could read and as much as I enjoyed Miami downtown at night, I would have preferred to have been able to have proper 100W strong light in the main area of my room too.
Other issues were minor and mainly centered around an unrepaired shower head and lacking water pressure (no point in having a multi setting rain shower head when you only get a weak stream).
As indicated by at least one recent review, the main issues this hotel has is with service. Especially simple requests seem to only be filled after a follow-up. In my case requests as simple as ashtrays and a bucket of ice seemed unreasonable compared to a multi item in room dining order. The management may already be working on fixing this as they did check up on the fulfillment of orders, but if they fail to succeed in this regard I may have to look more closely at the neighboring competition.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms on the Brickell Ave side will afford the classic downtown Miami view at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Gekkoed thank you for taking your time to review the Conrad Miami. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the option of a smoking room and that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel. I am very sorry that our lighting in the room did not meet your expectations. I will make sure that we are taking care of those small details that can enhance your next stay at the Conrad Miami. Once again I personally apologize and you may contact my office directly for further discussions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I expected more out of the Conrad brand and got a lot less. Here are the unfortunate examples which mostly centered around service: 1) First night of arrival: Check-in was very good and the service outstanding. After changing we went to the restaurant for dinner around 8. The hostess asked if we had a reservation, and when we said no, she informed us flatly they were full and it might be an hour or more wait. When I informed her that I was not aware of that requirement, and that we were tired as we just arrived, and that the restaurant looked half empty, she said she would see what she could do. She appeared inexperienced. We went to the bar, and she never came back. We flagged another waiter, who seemed to realize there was a problem, called the manager, who apologized, bought us drinks and got us seated quickly. The restaurant food, experience and service was excellent!..and the restaurant remained half empty. 2) The following evening we called the concierge (it took three tries through the front desk) to set up a dinner with my wife. His response was a groan, and that there was not much available (I honestly should have called earlier, but I was at a business meeting all day), which surprised me, but with some pushing from me he said he had a Peruvian restaurant nearby that may be available which we thought was great. He called back and set the reservation; he was very polite and friendly at that time. He insisted that we take a cab and a cab would be available for the return. So we took the advice, however cabs were not available for the return; the restaurant hostess made several attempts and called the Conrad Concierge back to inform him of the problem, but it was not addressed. I was hoping he would send a cab from the hotel, but it did not happen. My wife and I ended up walking back about 8 to 10 city blocks in high heels (she) and 63 degree weather (did not have jackets). The concierge was gone upon our arrival. We were OK, but I believe this could have been handled better. The restaurant suggestion was great however. 3) My wife used the pool amenity: She felt dust debris and water fall over her a few times that appeared to come form the building construction behind the pool. She witnessed construction workers watching her as she sunbathed and eventually she left. She also felt uncomfortable with the bar tender who kept walking around the pool and staring at her (a few rounds). Access to the pool is convoluted and long. 4) After a late night, we called to order breakfast on Saturday morning around 10 AM. I was immediately told it would over an hour for service due to a back up in the kitchen. That would not work as we had a lunch at noon. The lady suggested perhaps going out for breakfast. I thanked her, said no. I then called back and asked for just for coffee and muffins & toast to see if that would work. She hesitated, but said the real issue was that they only had one delivery person and they were short staffed; but she would try. They delivered the request in half an hour which was good. Everyone was polite and nice and the order was great; however, I would think that a hotel of this caliber would be better staffed on a holiday weekend. 5) We had requested a corner room at reservation, but one was not available at check-in; we ended up getting a room off the lobby which we never like. We ended up hearing some staff talking noise one morning outside our door, and worse we heard our neighbors talking and TV noise through the wall near the window, on the adjacent room to the right. This concerned us. I also heard the elevators going up and down (wind tunnel noise). 6) On departure, we requested our car. We brought our own luggage down by choice; but when we arrived there was one valet and he was busy helping a young lady. We waited and as he approached us we motioned towards our car; he went to the stand and handed us our keys; he never offered to help; so we ended up dragging our suitcase through the cobblestone pavers to our car. I went ahead and loaded the car as I watched the young valet attendant preoccupy himself as there were no other cars to assist. After the young lady, we were the only other car there. A fitting finish to an otherwise disappointing stay. Otherwise, the hotel design, views and cleanliness was great.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear glenn s Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including your accommodations, and valet charges. Though I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed your interaction with our team members. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations or the standards of Conrad Miami and, for this, I want to personally apologize. As a valued guest, may I ask that you contact my office directly for further discussions
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was my first stay in Miami. Staff is very attentive. Different location than what most people are looking for (everyone wants to be in South Beach). Be sure to see François at the concierge desk, he'll take care of you.
Walk from the hotel to Mary Brickell village for dinner and some drinks.
Love this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Devan J,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read about your wonderful stay and happy to know that you experienced the fantastic neighborhood where we are located. Many people are surprised to know that Miami is not just about South Beach. If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is one of the best Conrads that my wife have ever stayed in. We traveled to attend a funeral on Sunday morning. We arrived Saturday night and the room was clean, modern, had a great view and people were extremely nice and helpful. We had in-room dinner and the food was great. Unfortunately the bar had live music which could be heard loudly in our room so we could not sleepo until 2:00AM but otherwise everything was perfect. If you book this hotel, make sure you are far and away from the livel music in the bar.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear alfonsoa920,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that upon the sad occasion of a funeral that we exceeded your expectations for service, accommodations and in-room dining. It's at these stressful times of our lives when the last thing you want to encounter is a bad hotel experience. With that said, I must sincerely apologize for the loud music. In this case, it was a private event and a miscommunication on our part to allow the music to play so late into the night. Please know that this is not standard for the hotel.

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Recent trip to Miami for the boat show. Planned a nice weekend and splurge on a nice hotel - paid the higher fee for a nicer room with a "bay view". Flights on the original day of arrival were canceled for the worst travel day in US history. I called the hotel to let them know we would not arrive until the next day and talked to the concierge about delivering the flowers and wine the next day when we arrived. Arrived to find a room with a double bed, barely enough room to walk around it, a clear view of the air conditioning units on the building next door (the bay was visible between a couple of buildings in the neighborhood), and the bottle of wine sitting in a bucket of warm water. We left to go out to dinner and received a call asking if we were coming or not - we had already checked in.... When we checked out they had billed us for the night prior to our arrival and I was given the distinct impression that they didn't believe me when I told them I had calle to change the reservation. Not at all what I expected from the upscale version of Hilton.

Room Tip: Be very specific about room and bed size when booking
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Dva2,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including the wine bottle presentation and the extra room charges.

Clearly, we did not meet your expectations or the standards of Conrad Miami and, for this, I want to personally apologize. As a valued guest, may I ask that you contact my office directly for further discussions.

Kind Regards,

Peterborough, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We booked on Hotwire, and got a very favorable rate. when we arrived, mid-morning on Valentine's Day, our rom was not ready (of course-- we were early) but the staff was lovely-- checked our bags, took my phone number to call when the room was ready.We went off sightseeing for the day and when we got back, we had been upgraded to an apartment on the 32nd floor-- no extra charge, but an enormous and beautiful space. We loved it!!!!!! Happy hour cocktails and i/2 price small plates on the balcony of the very attractive bar, and a full moon over Biscayne Bay. Oh,and complimentary glasses of champagne as we were checking in. All very festive, and welcoming. Free Wi-Fi (which is a MUST), with nice friendly help from the desk when we had a little trouble getting in with the password. Location was great. Amenities, superb. Price/Value ratio unbelievable. Would definitely hope to score thihs kind of deal again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear katecoon,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read about your exceptional stay during the Valentine's Day weekend. We had some lovely events and I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the festivities. When your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Nassau, Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

When I first heard of this Hotel I thought, Umm its named after me and they miss spelt it and used a D instead of a Y. So I had to check it out. Ever since, its been really hard to choose another hotel. The location is perfect as its mid way between the hustle of the beach traffic and highway to go anywhere else. The staff, environment and service has been amazing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Conray R,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although the hotel is actually named after Mr. Conrad Hilton, the founder of Hilton Hotels, we are happy to know that you consider it your own and most importantly that we exceeded your expectations for service, style and location. We will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Stephane Mercier

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!