“Almost Perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Miami On Sale From $149
Ranked #12 of 129 hotels in Miami
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Almost Perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I got this hotel as a reward from HHonors points for the night before a cruise. Room was upgraded to a bay view which was very nice. Room was spotless and fairly quiet, despite it's location next to the elevator hoistway.

The morning we departed was the Miami Marathon, however, and despite trying for 45 minutes, the bellman was unable to get us a cab. Finally, he told us our best bet would be to take our luggage and walk several blocks past the marathon route to try and hail one ourselves so we didn't miss the cruise. Four suitcases in 80 degree weather through the streets of Miami isn't exactly how I planned to spend my morning, but it was our only choice. I would have expected more of a Conrad Hotel -- even if they had told us when we checked in the day before that it would be almost impossible to get a cab until noon the next day, we could have made other plans.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear VallyTwin,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read that we were so close to a perfect score only to have it dashed by your unfortunate taxi experience. And for this, I want to personally apologize. I must agree that we did not meet or exceed the expectations of the Conrad Miami during the Marathon road closures.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy the flawless service that you deserve. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

922 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I really wanted to love this hotel but everything was off from the first day. On my first day I had an issue getting a taxi. I understand the marathon was going on but I should never be told by hotel staff that I would be better off walking a half mile down the road then waiting for the hotel to get my a cab. He told me this as I was holding a bag of golf clubs. I walkednext door to a five star hotel and they had my a cab within seconds. Also on day one I never received turn down service so I ran out of towels and body wash. Also I never received a bottle of water as a Hilton Honors member so I was left with the choice of a $10 bottle of water or sink water. Management was great and addressed these issues. On day two I never received newspapers that I requested upon check-in. Not a huge issue but when you combine it with all the other issues it shows there is some issues at this hotel.

Regarding the room, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large. The is a lack of lighting in the room and the noise from outside the room could bother a light sleeper. The elevator system is a bit annoying as you have to take two elevators to ge to your room. The gym is not terrible but not great, but good enough that you can workout. The views from the bar are amazing. When I am back down in this area, I will most likely stay at one of the competitors next door. I stayed here over the hotel next door to get Hilton points but next time I'm going to pass on the points.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Rabs22,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including your taxi experience and the lack of turn down service, newspapers, and water. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations or the standards of Conrad Miami and, for this, I want to personally apologize.

Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us. If time permits, I am available for further discussions and you are more than welcome to contact my office directly. I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy the flawless service that you deserve.

tampa bay, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great views, Friendly, helpful and Professional Staff. Fantastic breakfast. Soft Linens, Quick Valets. Would love to stay again. Was at hotel during busy weekend in Miami for Art Basel - hotel was very efficient.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear gotbetterweather,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am absolutely thrilled to read about your wonderful stay during Art Basel. It is a wonderful time of the year. We truly value our Art Basel guests and delight in providing a service experience that accommodates their needs during this busy and exciting week.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Casselberry, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Conrad is luxurious and I cannot wait to come back for my leisure, with my wife, not for business. But having said that, they handled our business needs like they had done it before, very organized and friendly, professionally

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Robert P,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read about your recent stay and we are already looking forward to the honor of your return. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Tampa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My recent stay at the Conrad was pretty good, but I would say that for a large corporate event, book with caution. The staff seemed overwhelmed - rooms were not available until late in the evening (when booked well in advance), bartenders were overwhelmed by our cocktail hour, the spa service was just OK and the catering team took forever to get our dinners out. The chicken was dry and over salted and unless you thought to make a request, the steaks were all served well-done. The buffet breakfast and lunch were nice. I think they just aren't equiped to handle large groups.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Brooke M,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As a recent guest with one of our most valued corporate groups, I was truly disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were not prepared and even overwhelmed. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations or the standards of Conrad Miami and, for this, I want to personally apologize.

Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our corporate groups have come to expect of us. If time permits, I am available for further discussions, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Conrad is the luxury-boutique brand of the Hilton. There are now few of these luxury hotels in the U.S with more around the world. We stayed as a family in this beautiful, simple but very comfortable and somewhat expensive hotel for four days and enjoyed our stay. Our suite was large with a king size bed and a sofa bed in the living room. The restaurant and bar are very good with buffet breakfast served until 11am. Bar menu is good with lots of small food offerings.There is a swimming pool and a fitness room. I used the fitness room every day. It is small but very adequate. The biggest draw back to this hotel is its layout that is somewhat confusing. The entrance and concierge is at ground level but the lobby and restaurant are at 25th floor. To reach the pool you must take elevator to go to ground floor, cross arrival area to reach the garage and then take another elevator to the top of the garage where the pool and tennis courts are located. Over all though the stay is comfortable and the staff is very friendly and courteous.

Stayed January 2014
Dear Orugco,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very happy to read that we succeeded in providing a wonderful Conrad experience upon your recent visit to Miami. Although the layout of the hotel can be a bit confusing, it affords us the pleasure of a wonderful view for all our guests on the 25th floor, whether they are checking in, relaxing with their iPad, or imbibing a cocktail.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Our family went to the hotel for a birthday excursion to see the area and relax. The staff went out of their way to make my son feel special for his birthday and even delivered him a balloon and cookies. A point he will always remember. The views are breathtaking and the food is great. We will definitely use this hotel on our next Miami get away.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Brandi V,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was honored to read that your son had such a wonderful and memorable birthday at our hotel. Our team members are always looking for innovative ways to delight our guests. When your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Stephane Mercier

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!