“Lovely room but no service.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Luxury From $299
Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Norhtern Virginia
“Lovely room but no service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Wow, I have never had such a bad experience with service in my life. We got to the hotel at 8 p.m. I had booked a bay side non-smoking room with two double beds. They had given my room away and said the only non-smoking double bed room wasn't clean yet. So, after being on the road from 7 p.m. and in the sand and sun all day we had to wait in the lobby for an hour. Then our luggage didn't come up to our room for 2 hours because they were so understaffed. In the meantime, I asked for ice and hot tea to be brought up but we never got it. I literally felt like a prisoner in my room. I couldn't shower, have a cold drink, go to the bar (because I didn't have my luggage to change clothes). It was totally miserable. I didn't get a bay side room. I couldn't go swimming because the pool closes at sunset. The room was very nice but because of the bad service we couldn't enjoy it. And if you can't bring luggage up right away have the courtesy to offer guests an option to take it up themselves. I would have gladly done that to be able to have some options that night to enjoy my self and the property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear mamachick3,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including room availability and your luggage service. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations and for this, I want to personally apologize. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

As a valued guest of the Conrad Miami, if there is anything I could do to make amends or if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Stephane Mercier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great service, good location. Nice restaurants nearby, concierge service was excellent as we're the staff. Breakfast buffet was a bit sparse though overall food quality was good. Enjoyed the hotel. Nice coffee shop on Brickell, very nice desserts there

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Imraniali,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to know that you most recent stay was so nice and our team members exceeded your expectations for a great service experience.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Brasilia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at Conrad Miami in March 2013 for four night for a convention. Had good time there, beautiful view, good breakfast, clean room, good service and friendly staff. good location close to restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Luiz C,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to read that the Conrad Miami succeeded in providing a wonderful stay which included a fabulous view, clean accommodations and a wonderful service experience.

Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at Conrad in March of 2013, for four night for a Convention, It is a nice hotel with a beautiful view, good breakfast, good service, friendly staff clean room and close to good restaurants. Good hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear AVPBicho,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had just one night here so limited experience but it's really a pretty nice property. Others have noted the two elevator system is a bit cumbersome and it's true, but the rooms and the facilities are of a Conrad standard.

A note of disappointment with the pool due to the construction going on next door. We went for a morning swim and discovered everything was covered in concrete construction grit from the high-rise going in. The construction is pretty loud and every 10 minutes or so a shower of dust and fine grit comes spilling down onto the pool deck, towels and chairs. We did not stay long. Clearly a temporary issue but disappointing nonetheless.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful. Great selection of interesting items.

We would return here again if we were specifically staying in downtown Miami.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SFO-World-Traveller,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to read that we succeeded in providing a memorable hotel experience for such a short stay. However, I was disappointed to learn that our pool was below standard due to the construction next door. It is a temporary situation that should resolve itself soon but I extend my apologies for the inconvenience. Please know that the appropriate team members have been informed in regards to this issue.

If your travels bring you back for a longer visit to Miami, we will look forward to the honor of your return stay. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed 4-7 december .Our flight was late and Javier was extreamly kind and polite when we showed up extreamly stressed by Virgin.Javier upgraded us to a apartment and that made our holiday!It was the best hotel room we ever had and we have travelled the world.We had views,marble ,kicthen etc we had to pinch our selves.We had a numbr of problems with transfers to the FL cruise port as it was a holiday w/e -but Kefyrah our Concierge looked after us so well .The location of the hotel was great as we could use the metro mover and trains ,shuttles to get around safely .Thanks Conrad for making our stay the highlight of our holiday.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dundalkspur2,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am honored to read that our team provided such an excellent and memorable hotel experience before your cruise ship departed. Please know that we are committed to providing our cruise ship guests with a delightful hotel stay that further extends their cruise ship experience.

If your future plans involve another cruise, please do not hesitate to contact my office for any future reservations. We look forward to the honor of your return stay.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I come to Miami frequently and have stayed at the Conrad several times, and recently had a chance to stay in two other Miami properties (JW Marriott just up the road and the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne).

Compared to JW Marriott- I found this to be a much better overall hotel and much newer too. (See my JW Mariott review)

I would want to give this property a 4.5. Stil fresh new hardware, enthusiastic and friendly staff -- plus they treat Hilton Honors members well.

Location- Very central. This is Brickell Avenue. Very close to CBD and offices. Walking distance from small/charming cluster of restaurants. Walking distance from people mover which connects you to railway to MIA. This is not Miami Beach.

Check in- No drama- no wow factor. Efficient.

Public Area- 25th floor lobby and restaurants feels airy with nice views. A good way to start a stay or have breakfast.

Rooms- Airy, some rooms have partial bay view, others face other buildings. Modern with cool ipod player. Spacious clean new bathrooms. Bathrooms amenities have been downgraded in recent stays but not bad.

Breakfast- Spread is generous if not overwhelming. But what stands out is the positive attitude of folks manning the breakfast area. All very friendly and helpful. Free for Hilton Gold Members.

Concierge- did not seem very well informed about People mover and it would have been nice if they had told us about irregular train service and when the train starts running on Saturdays.

Due to the strength of the hotel's hardware- location, height, freshness and positive attitude of most of the staff. Gets a 4.5!

Room Tip: Ask for bay view if you can get it.