“Great staff, beautiful hotel, amazing room, some flaws” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Luxury From $169
Ranked #13 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Cent FL
“Great staff, beautiful hotel, amazing room, some flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Conrad Hilton over our 10th anniversary vacation. I wrote hotel in advance and some of the nicest, most helpful and most pleasant hotel staff I've ever dealt with made arrangements to ensure we would have a memorable stay.

The Conrad Hilton in downtown Miami sits inside of the thirty-six story Espirito Santo Plaza building in Brickell. The hotel has approximately 203 rooms taking up floors 16-22; the rest of the building is occupied by offices and residences. There is a Metromover station just one block from the building's front entrance. The main downtown area, the 10th Street Promenade (a nice area with shops and restaurants) as well as Bayfront Park, are only a brief Metromover ride away.

Both valet and self-parking are available. Across from the garage and the valet area is the concierge station, which is inside the hotel's bottom-level entrance. Here you will also find the express elevators to reach the lobby on the 25th floor.

The elevator doors open to a lobby/reception area with jaw-dropping views from the large windows that run the length of the lobby. It has an overly formal and business feel to it, but the warm colors of the hotel, fresh floral arrangements, comfortable chairs and couches and a few pieces of artwork help to offset this.

Around the corner and off to the left are the elevators that lead to the rooms, and here the lobby area ends and leads into the Bar at Level 25, the hotel's bar and lounge, as well as the hotel's restaurant, Atrio.

Our room was on the highest level of the hotel on the 22nd floor. We were placed in a large, corner room suite. The living room area was nicely decorated with comfortable chairs and couch, a large HDTV and a nice, modern business work desk. There was a huge window looking out the front of the building (we had a city-view room), and there was a large telescope at the window, which we used to look at the night sky and to watch planes in action at the airport. The telescope in the room was a unique, unexpected surprise (but I believe it only comes with the suites).

The bedroom is where the 'corner' became so special. The oversized bedroom had large, wrap-around windows that ran almost the entire length of the room. There were spectacular views of downtown Miami, complete with motorized, remote-controlled curtains for the windows. Both during the day and at night, the views were nothing less than stunning.

The bed itself (a king) was ultra-comfortable and plush, complete with crisp, high-end sheets and comforter. The only thing that could have made it better would have been for the bed to be facing outwardly toward all of the windows, but I realize there was not a practical way to do that with the room's layout.

Also in the bedroom area were two large closets, another (slightly smaller) HDTV, a sitting chair, a chaise lounge and fresh orchids. It was all elegant and comfortable, but the view was the real showstopper. Just off of the bedroom was a cute sitting/reading area with its own chair and small desk.

Last is the huge, marble bathroom, with nice fixtures and high-end bath products. Our particular suite had a garden tub and separate shower with wonderful rainfall heads. The bathroom was clean and stocked with high-quality towels. A colorful, glass fish sculpture added a touch of whimsy.

Housekeeping was top-notch. I'm pretty anal-retentive about things being 'in their place' and having everything straight and even. Considering it was a suite and how many chairs, desks and accessories were around, everything seemed to be very clean and meticulously placed.

A favorite accessory in the room was the easy-to-use, delicious illy espresso maker. There was also a partially-stocked mini fridge along with a stand with snacks, sundries and drinking glasses.

The Bar at Level 25 (named for its 25th floor location) served as bar, lounge and breakfast buffet area. It is essentially an atrium-like area with chairs, tables and high-back booths. It has a kind of modern feel with a dash of Miami flair and colors thrown in. The bar area looks out to the bay, and there is also a balcony area with outdoor tables at which you can have a drink or eat while enjoying the incredible view.

We partook in the breakfast buffet one morning and it was much better than your average buffet. The items were nice and warm, the pastries and muffins were fresh and delicious and I also liked the extra selections like the cheese plate, a deli meat tray and the make-your-own omelet station. My personal favorite was the croque-monsieur style toasted sandwiches that were offered among the decent selection. It was on the expensive side, but the uniqueness of having the amazing views over the bay really made it worth it. (You can also opt to sit in the restaurant area to eat breakfast in, but the food itself is in the bar area).

We also had a dinner in the main restaurant Atrio. The restaurant itself is modern-looking but romantic, and has the distinction of having an entire wall consisting of floor-to-ceiling windows and wonderful views of downtown. The service was on-point, the restaurant was beautiful, and the food would give most stand-alone restaurants a run for their money, not something always the case with hotel restaurants. The restaurant surprised us with a delightful anniversary design on our dessert plate. It was a memorable and delicious experience. (You can also read my more detailed review of the restaurant on the tripadvisor site).

As for the elevator situation, anyone staying in a room will need to use at least two elevators: One express elevator going from the ground floor to the lobby, then another elevator from the lobby to go 'down' to the rooms (which are below the lobby on floors 16-22). But this isn't all that unusual as many tall city buildings (especially multi-use ones) require using more than one elevator.

If you have self-parked and want to get to your car, or if you wish to use the pool, you will have to use another elevator as the garage and pool are in a separate building (the pool is actually on the top of the garage building).

The pool area itself is a nice size, but don’t expect a huge, resort-pool feel. There is a little bar area with outdoor tables and chairs and the pool area itself was lined by lounge chairs and cabanas. At the end of the pool was an in-ground Jacuzzi tub. The view of the hotel and the surrounding skyscrapers was not your average pool view--I found it fascinating.

At this point it sounds like it should be a '5' rating for this hotel, but there were some flaws here and there that kept this from being a completely perfect experience.

-The Jacuzzi at the pool area did not work. A three-elevator trek to get to the pool to use the Jacuzzi, only to find it not functioning was a disappointment.

The bar at the pool was not staffed and the areas around the pool and bar were not kept up—empty cups and used towels sitting around, chairs and tables in disarray, a little trash sitting out here and there, etc. One just expected a little more care taken with this area considering how pristine the rest of the hotel was.

-Even though we had a non-smoking room, we could occasionally smell smoke in our room at times--possibly when a guest was smoking in a neighboring room? (This is not a 100% smoke-free hotel).

-Hotel employees were nice, but almost to a fault; we sometimes found staff to be 'too attentive'. Between passing by the doorman, the concierge, the reception desk and anyone else on the way to our room, it felt like going through a gauntlet of greetings and “how are you?”. After a while this felt a tad mechanical and intrusive. Those who love being pampered will love the over-attentive, polite staff, but it wasn’t for us.

-We found the in-room hotel guide somewhat lacking. Much of the information we tried to look-up in the guide simply referred guests to phone a hotel representative for even basic information. We are pretty self-sufficient travelers who like privacy and this felt like it put the onus on us to have to ‘track down’ some basic hotel service facts.

-The air temperature while eating breakfast in the bar area one morning was absolutely frigid. Both my wife and I (as well as others) also commented on the extremely cold air and some fled the area looking for a warmer place to enjoy their food.

These minor issues kept the Conrad from perfection, but aside from these flaws it was a wonderful, beautiful hotel. The room we were in was huge and clean with amazing city views, and the bar’s breakfast and the restaurant all had very good offerings. I thank everyone who worked with me in advance for giving us some wonderful surprises, all the way up to the adorable Conrad bear left for us at check-out. It was a wonderful, fine hotel and would give it a 4.5 if I could.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are beautiful and there are also some standard (non-suite) corner rooms as well. Curren...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear dbfoodie,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for your fabulous review. I am quite pleased and appreciative of the amount of time that you took to write such a great review. If I may suggest... some consideration as a travel writer in your near future.

Stephane Mercier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The rooms and facilities of the Conrad Miami are the strongest points of this hotel. It features nicely decorated rooms and a very nice swimming pool to relax. Everyone is very professional and friendly, which creates a nice atmosphere throughout the hotel. The food was very good at the hotel's restaurant, but a little expensive for the size of the portions. I would recommend this hotel, especially if you can get a good deal on the rooms rate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear GeorgeCRX9,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very pleased to read that you and your family had a wonderful stay at our hotel. If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Generally not a bad hotel - positives - clean and sharp, well appointed - negatives - elevators are bizarre (it's like working a Chinese puzzle to get from you room out of the hotel) and a crappy gym buried in the bowels of the hotel. Service was good and friendly, food was good and the location is ideal if doing business downtown. I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear acr1960,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The Conrad Miami strives for a hotel experience that is flawless, timely and responsive and I was very happy to read that it was a standout experience for you. We are currently working on improvements to our gym. Please know that your valuable feedback has been forwarded to the appropriate team members for further review.

If your business travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Luckily I am here on a work trip because between the room service food prices/ Parking Prices this trip would not be worth it for me.

Good Stuff- Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. My favorite is the Help Desk Guy Enrique. This guy needs a promotion. We had issues with our parking linking it with my work corporate account, and a few other things and he remained professional and friendly and courteous at all times resolving our issues or any questions we had. We had a bay view room and it was beautiful and the rooms are nice and kept well clean. It's nice to have a restaurant/ bar lounge and pool all in the same place but yet a lot of places are walking distance.

Bad Stuff- I totally get people in Miami all workout and probably starve themselves to keep their image. Well if you are that person this is the place for you to stay. Room service dessert brought my coworker ice-cream that was a round scoop the size of a butter cup. It's basically like a taste tease. I didn’t try the Atrio restaurant inside because even the photos food did not look like decent portions although my coworker said the burger was amazing! Room service does charge gratuity and a 5 dollar service fee so for 2 sodas at 6 dollars each it cost 16 dollars. Again this is sodas not margaritas!! You are better off walking to the lounge bar and picking up your drink there. Also the lobby on the 25th floor... That’s just confusing and pointless. I feel bad for foreign people that come to stay here. They must think we are insane!

If you are into dressing up in a 3 piece suit and a fancy cocktail dress and love to spend money than this is your spot.

Room Tip: AC works great/ the beds and pillows are extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear theresa b,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to read that we exceeded your expectations for service and accommodations and thank you for your compliments regarding Enrique. He is one of the best. Please know that your concerns regarding the room service charges have been forwarded to the appropriate team members for further review.

If your business travels bring you back to Miami, we will hope for a return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel really is great. Rooms are well equipped - bed, lights, WiFi, mini bar, bath and shower, iron etc.
The sole complaint is that something is wrong with TV. Ordered movies don't play.
Minor irritation is also that you have to go up to 25th floor to the lobby then down to own room via another lift, but nothing too dramatic.
All in, a fantastic hotel and easily recommended.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear BojanNenadic,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to read about your almost perfect and fantastic stay. If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Belo Horizonte, Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this excellent hotel between 31 August and 02nd September and must register that it's a great hotel. BUT I had a terrible surprise some days later...

The staff very polite. Really worried to show a lot of attention. Excellent staff.

The room is big and very clean with nice amenities.

The location is nice but for those want to go to the beach (my case), a little bit far, but nothing bordered.

In fact, I would recommend this hotel for everyone, as it's really a nice hotel with a great staff a very nice room. I WOULD.

Some days after I checked out, I discover that plus the 168.37 dollars that I payed (me and my wife paid a part in cash), they charged my credit card with another's 92.7 dollars, without any explanation. My hotel receipt is very clear: it was paid 168.37 in credit card and another 168.37 in a debt card. NEVER PLUS 92.7 dollars.

I feel that I was cheated.

And I'm very sorry with that, as the hotel was really nice. But to be cheated after your stay, does not value.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Mineirim,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed to learn that a mistake took place with some charges to your credit card. I have been informed that upon your notification, my team promptly removed the charge from your card. Please know that your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will ensure that these mistakes do not happen in the future.

With my personal apologies, I will hope to have the honor of your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in a future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Ramona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Everything was top shelf. The facility, the staff and the comfort. Nice view too!!!
I accidentally left my Internet hotspot in the room... Called, they found it and shipped it back to me with little problem.

• Stayed July 2013
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Ramonaguy,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to know that on this occasion we exceeded your expectations for service and accommodations. I also want to thank you for acknowledging the commitment of our team members to find and return, by mail, a valuable item that you had left behind.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Stephane Mercier

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!