“Excellent hotel with great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Miami From $209
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed with my family for two nights and the facilities and staff were very good. If you want to visit the beach it is a little bit of a drive, but easy enough and the sights on the causeway to the beach are worth the travel. We had a little bit of an issue with an incorrect charge to my Visa account after we had checked out and returned home, however this was resolved with a simple email exchange very efficiently and favourable. I would not hesitate to use the Miami Conrad again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Paul W,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for your excellent review. I was delighted to read that you and your family had such a wonderful stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations for great service. If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Stephane Mercier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Oxford, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend for a birthday celebration. We're both fans of Miami Beach, but the beach hotels were quite expensive and, as a Hilton Diamond, I thought we would have a nicer experience at this hotel anyway.

I was right.

The first thing we noticed was that the hotel is in pristine condition. Everything is new and sparkly, which was a nice start to our trip. Check-in was fast, and the manager even took the time to come out and welcome us to the hotel.

We continued to be impressed when we got to the room. Booked a standard room and were upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite with a ton of living space and a very generous bedroom. Our favorite feature were the huge windows - panoramic views of Miami!

We both had massages at the spa, which were very good. It wasn't busy on a Friday evening, which caught me by surprised but created a relaxing atmosphere.

Breakfast is a nice buffet, which is extraordinarily expensive if you aren't a HHonors Gold/Diamond. For free, though, it was quite nice and gave us a good start to the day.

The location was easier to deal with than we thought. We spent most of our time on South Beach, which was maybe 20-25 mins by taxi, and there were always Taxis waiting for us at the hotel. On balance, the price and great condition of the hotel make it worth the short drive compared to what you pay/get on South Beach.

Overall, recommended for leisure travelers and business travelers alike.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear nfarina,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was thrilled to read about your wonderful birthday stay. The Conrad Miami provides smart luxury service and style for our guests. And, while we are not located directly on Miami Beach, we are close enough for a quick cab ride but far enough to enjoy some quiet relaxation away from the crowds.

jamaica, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is my third visit and will be back very soon. The service and ambiance of Conrad makes the hotel accomodation very satisfying and centrally located to the business district in Miami. the front desk staff is very polite and helpful and credit to be given to housekeeping and the restaurant staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Neville S,

Thank you for your 3rd stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to know that the Conrad Miami exceeded your expectations for service and accommodations with the honor of having your considerations for a 4th visit.

Upon your return, our team will look forward to welcoming you. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

North Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently visited this hotel for one night just to get a spa day in an to get ready for a weekend in Key West. Prior to arrival I wasn't sure what to expect. Especially since on my prior calls to ask questions the front desk staff was not available.

So her it goes. The hotel is in the financial district and the valet of course is a total rip of and self park isn't much better. The hotel has several elevator banks so expecting a quick in and out is not an option. You take one elevator to the lobby and another one to your rooms. This isn't bad but worth mentioning.

The concierge on the first floor was nice and helpful. Remember my comment above about the front desk not being available. Well I understood why when I arrived. After I checked in the front desk agent walked me to the elevators and showed me the restaurant and explained the facilities. This was wonderful for me but probably not so much for the people trying to call the front .desk. They take there time and make you feel like a valued guest.

The room was nice and the amenities were top of the line. I called to guest services since I forgot several items and they gave me more than what I asked for each time. There are robes and slippers in each room and ice was there when we arrived.

We went to the spa which was nice. I expected a little more for the relaxation room which was more like a break a room with snacks and just a little light. The rest of the spa was nice. I would suggest skipping the massage and just going for the facial. My Dad and I had a special and added an extra 35 minutes on to our facial for a total of 50 minutes. The facial was the highlight of the visit. The masseuse was a little too rushed and the massage was not relaxing and her experience was lacking. It was like a canned massage. Alexis the masseusse was great.

Since I"m a diamond member we were given a wine and cheese invitation which was really nice. The selection was really delicious and had hot and cold hors d'euvres. After the wine and cheese we went to happy hour at the bar and has some really good mojitos and appetizers on the outside patio on the 25th floor. You can't beat the view and the prices were good. They will even make your mojito with the rum you choose which was great.

All in all the hotel was nice and the service I received was good. I am often weary of reviews because sometimes people are not in the hitlon honors club and I'm sure that makes a difference in how you're treated sometimes. I don't like it but I will also start putting that in my reviews. I find that hiltons treat everyone well. Not so much with starwood.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. Also ask to face the water. The outside noise did not enter the ro...
Dear mholi,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review. I quite enjoyed reading about your guest experience at the Conrad Miami and I am delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations and provided a wonderful stay for you and your family.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

First of all we were promised connecting rooms because we were traveling with our kids. The hotel claimed that they did not have rooms available, but I believe that they were just unwilling because we booked through a third party. So each night we had to instruct our kids on locking the door and not opening the door unless it was us. I went into their room at one point during the night to check on them and there was the smell of pot in their room (obviously coming from another guest room).

Our credit card was authorized multiple times for charges we did no incur. The hotel acknowledged it was their mistake, but they were not overly apologetic. Lastly, we were charged the $38/day valet charge which we were fine with, but we were not told that here would an additional $10/day for a parking tax and state tax. That was a bit excessive and it wasn't revealed until checkout.

You could find a much better place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear BeachHaugabrook,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was quite disappointed to read your review on many levels. The Conrad Miami has a zero tolerance policy with any guest using an illegal substance. I could only wish that you would have contacted the Front Desk immediately upon your discovery as we would have confronted the offending guest and moved you and your family to another room.

With that said, I want to personally apologize that we did not exceed your expectations on this occasion. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

If time can be afforded, may I ask that you contact my office directly for further discussions.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I love Hilton properties. So much so, we have bought into the hilton vacation ownership. So I was excited to stay at a Conrad Miami by Hilton which is supposed to be their flagship property line within Hilton properties. Though my expectations were quickly deflated.
The parking logistics are atrocious. The valet was noticeably annoyed with the questions of valet versus self park options for guest, and the valet service becomes an inconvenience of logistics and attitude, so you might as well self park anyway.
Many valet or bellman workers simply hang in groups and talk, and once past them, it's poorly marked where the check-in desk is located (tip: take elevator to 25th floor).
Upon checking in, I was told I was upgraded to the same view as the lobby. It was not. I was looking at the backs of buildings, with slivers of the bay visible, mostly from the bathroom. I was also told to wait for a bottled water. Upon learning they were out, the desk attendant promised one to be delivered. Of course, hours passed, and it was not delivered until requested again when ordering room service.
The room service was really pricey, but a good selection and tasty.
All this was simply within the first 4 hours of arriving.
I suspect the Hong Kong Conrad is more to the Conrad standards, but this property is not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Benatcg,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not surpassing your expectations during your recent stay. I was truly disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including the valet, the front desk and room service.

As a loyal Hilton traveler, I can only guess at your disappointment and hope, that if given the time, you would contact my office directly for further discussions. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

They have nice happy hour but the people who serve are rude and always on their phones, they fight all the time and they fight with the guests as well (even using rude words, where are the managers?) It did look like they are short of people, no supervisors, anyway ... They don't make frozen drinks and the list of liquors are very limited or maybe I wasn't lucky and I asked for everything they didn't have. Besides that, the pool is really cool and the view is awesome.

Room Tip: Corner rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear 976Michael,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review The Bar@ LVL25. I was truly disappointed to read about your experience during Happy Hour. We have an amazing Happy Hour with 1/2 price drinks and food but to read of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service I can only express my sincerest apologies. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

In light of the Happy Hour disappointment, I can only hope to have to the honor of a return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future stays, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Stephane Mercier

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!