“An Afterthought...not a proper hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Miami On Sale From $169
Ranked #13 of 130 hotels in Miami
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“An Afterthought...not a proper hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel seems to be located in a Condo building or a bank or something. They occupy a few floors of the building I think. You navigate a wierd elevator setup to get to it. Everything about it was awkward, the pool was in another building. The view from our room was of another building. As with internet booking...we got the room across from the elevator but the place was empty so it wasnt a problem. The breakfast buffet was...sweaty...the salmon was slimy, the meats were warm and greasy, cheeses were greasy...like it was left out in a hot kitchen. Very expensive breakfast...like 50 bucks for 2, had we known we would have gotten a full brunch at a restaraunt. The location and cleanliness were very good. The water in your room was $9, everything in the bar fridge was marked up about %1000. I woke up during the night to check to make sure it was all still there, I felt like a guard at Fort Knox.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear GraTK,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations for your breakfast experience with us. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us. I would welcome your phone call if you would like to discuss further.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will hope for a return visit.

884 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Anaheim Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Booked by cruise line. Upgraded to a small to medium sized room overlooking a construction site. Clean, fair to good bed, nice amenities, quiet, downtown location. Room service was timely, but the food is mediocre. More a business hotel than anything else.

Stayed April 2013
Dear Crikel,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed to know that your stay was just "ok" but I appreciate your honest input and I was happy to know that we were able to meet your needs for such a quick stay.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, I hope we will have the honor of a return visit so that we may show you the quality hospitality that you deserve.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is right in the middle of downtown Miami - about a 15 minute drive from South Beach. The hotel is on the upper floors of the building - so you need to take 2 elevators to get to your room. The entrance lobbies are nice with the usual Conrad lovely flower arrangements. Our room was very nice but not on the level of a Ritz or Four Seasons by any means. Just not as well appointed and while the linens were nice they weren't superb. Our bathroom actually was the best part of our room - it was huge and had a better view than did the room. There is an espresso maker in the room but while my husband was working he couldn't get the hotel to bring more espresso pods. We had room service several times and the food was exceptional. Great caesar salad and lobster sandwich. The berry plate was also fresh and delicious. Unfortunately the service was poor. One day we had to call 3 times to get our room service table and tray removed and someone finally showed up at 10pm when we were already falling asleep. We also called for coffee one day and it never came. The pool is in a separate building, on the roof. It's a nice area with a bar and dining area next to it. It's not lovely or luxurious like the National or Delano on South Beach, but it's nice and serviceable. This hotel is really meant for business stays and does not really cater to the vacationer. Unfortunately there was construction of a new building next door to it so it was noisy at the pool all day - not at all peaceful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with a view. Corner rooms are nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elena S,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed to learn about your room service experience. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback helps us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

If there is anything you would like to discuss further, please do nt hesitate to contact my office directly. If your future travels bring you back to Miami, we will hope for your return visit.

Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

It is hard to complain when you get to stay at a Conrad, but our experience fell way below expectations. First, this hotel has an awkward design where it takes two elevator rides to get to your room (and three to get to the pool), which leads to frustrating waits at elevators. Our room had the usual nice linens/bed, but was small, faced an ugly skyscraper, and had a broken shower. This was by far the worst room of the three Conrads we have stayed at. Service was mediocre at best - we waited nearly an hour for a bellman when we left. Breakfast buffet was upscale and very good, but we also had frustrating waits for service here. On the upside, the lobby area has beautiful views of Biscayne Bay. Overall, it just felt like management took the weekend off. We enjoyed the J.W. Marriott nearby better on a previous visit to Miami..

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view (i.e., it doesn't face a skyscraper). Otherwise you will be staring i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear chwsmith,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion and regardless, whether your stay is during the week or the weekend, the standard of service should always be consistent and exceptional. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members. Your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

Again, thank you for sharing your concerns and, if you would prefer to discuss further, please feel free to contact my office directly. I would welcome the opportunity to make it up to you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've stayed at the Conrad twice while visiting Miami during Ultra Music Festival. During this stay, we were upgraded to a suite that featured a full kitchen and a balcony. During both stays, they have been glad to bring us rollaway beds. For this stay, we were welcomed with a fruit and cheese plate on our first evening. The housekeeping staff is very friendly and they are flexible if you're living on party hours (i.e. sleeping until 3pm). The only drawback to the hotel is the 25th floor sky lobby, which makes getting from your room to the street level a bit time consuming.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear EscapeTheCity11106,

Thank you for your stay and thank for taking the time to review our hotel. As a returning guest for the Ultra Music Festival ,I was very pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations upon each stay. We value our Music Festival guests and truly it's one of the best times of the year to be in Miami.

We will look forward to your return visit next year. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at the Conrad for a few days and had a very good experience just as I would expect from the Conrad. I was lucky and had a beautiful corner room with windows on two large sides. There is such a nice attention to detail with a beautiful bathroom, an illy espresso machine and great bathroom amenities. The service is excellent with a very helpful staff. Food was very good in particular the lobster sandwich which comes with so much lobster for $15!!! The breakfast buffet is however far from impressive and only has the basics which is a bit disappointing for this kind of hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear LaurentG,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for your great review. I am delighted to know that we met your expectations on service and accommodations. And I must agree, the lobster sandwich is quite a treat. My apologies that our breakfast buffet did not meet with the same appreciation but please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us look for more opportunities to improve.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I arrived from London at 8pm and left at 4.30am to catch a flight to Jacksonville. Difficult to form an opinion but as a place to stay on business, this place is perfect. Big spacious rooms, comfortable and clean. The lights in the room are not easy to work and I later found out my colleague couldn't close the curtains, ( he's getting old and missed the remote control)...
The concierge recommend a good restaurant on south beach which was a great call.
Quick trip but good hotel in the hub of the business district.
Well done

Room Tip: Set an alarm as the I never got my wake up call!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Goodyfoodyno1,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to know that we succeeded in providing a hotel experience that was innovative and unexpected for your quick trip. However, I was disappointed to learn that we missed your wakeup call. My sincerest apologies if this interfered with your travel plans. Please know that the appropriate team members have been informed in regards to this issue.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in any future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Stephane Mercier

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!