“Too High for Too Short of Time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Miami On Sale From $199
Ranked #15 of 131 hotels in Miami
Minot, North Dakota
“Too High for Too Short of Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

IT was an overnight stay due ot scheduling flight information. The cost was too hight for a room I checked into at 1am and left again at 6am the next morning. The room was comfortable, clean. The bed was comfortable and I was able to get a good night sleep. I left before breakfast was served, and would have liked a complementary cup of coffee and a role of some sort. You didn't provide either.

Brian Argabright

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear BrianArgabright,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As I read your review I realized that because of your late check-in at 1am and your early check-out of 6am, you probably missed the illy Café espresso machine that was located in your room. We offer complimentary espresso pods for all our guests and it was unfortunate that you missed them with such a quick stay.

If your travels being you back to Miami, I hope we will have the honor of your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist with a future reservation or if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

797 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Overall I had a great impression. I have stayed there on several occasions and have always had nice experiences. The Brickell location is pretty convenient. Room service works quite well. The gym, though seems to be small is fairly well equipped. The hotel services are very good. Definitely you should give it a try!

Dear Jose B,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to know that upon each of your stays we succeeded in providing a hotel experience that was memorable and convinced you of a return visit.

If your travels bring you back to Miami then we will look forward to your stay. As a loyal guest, please feel free to introduce yourself to me. I always welcome the opportunity to meet with our guests.

Best Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a good location for downtown. The reception and bar area on the 25th floor are quite nice . The problem with lifts to the rooms is well documented. The carpet in the room was dirty. The room itself was average. Service in the breakfast room is terrible. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Cyprusmag,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback helps us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Palau, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very good location in Brickell, the hart of Miami City. Good surroundings also for a walk in the night. Good service and kindness. Parking is too expensive (45+tip a night). I think I will come again next trip to Miami.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear paolo-rivella,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to know that your service expectations were met with kindness by our team. We will look forward to your return visit.

If there is anything I could do to assist with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Best Regards,

Westwood, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed for the first time (and last time) at the Conrad, Miami for two nights to attend a nearby conference.

My biggest issue:
Construction work in a neighboring room pulled me out of a sound sleep at 2:30am in the morning with very loud hammering and drilling. My calls to the service desk/front desk went unanswered. The very nigh noise level only stopped around 3am.

Room:
I was surprised to find cigarette burn marks on furniture and encounter a distinct smoky smell in my non-smoking room.

Service:
I needed two separate attempts to avoid a double-charge for internet access. The front desk did not seem too interested in my complaints about the incredible noise either.

Layout:
The layout is not convenient at all: when you leave your room you need to remember to press 'UP' on the elevator since you can only get back to the street level by making a stop on the 25th floor first, change over to another elevator bank and then go back down.

Bottom line:
I will avoid this hotel in the future. At this price point there are many better options in Miami.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Suzanne B,

Thank you for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is through our guest’s valuable feedback that we are able to evaluate and improve upon the high standards of customer service expected of us.

Nevertheless, I was truly disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including the construction noise, the room quality and the internet charge issues. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations and for this I am truly sorry. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members.

If there is anything I could do to convince you of a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

South Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my first stay at a Conrad brand hotel. I was expecting a bit more elegance and luxury for the name and price.
The hotel lobby is on the 25th floor so you have to first go to 25th, check in, then go to another bank of elevators to access the rooms on floors 16 - 32. The conference rooms are on the 3rd floor. So you have to make multiple stops up and down always passing through the 25th and changing elevators. This can be a bit of an inconvenience plus a waste of time as I found myself having to wait often.
The hallways and room carpeting were worn and dated, bringing down the overall appearance and fell of this otherwise nice hotel.
Staff were freindly and accomodating.
Catering was very good I must add.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear flyingman48,

Thank you for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed to learn that your hotel experience was only okay. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members.

However, I was thrilled with your mention of our catering services. We have a flawless & timely events and catering team that personalizes each and every guest's Conrad experience.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will hope for a return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here one night using airline points, it might have been better for a longer stay but was fairly inconvenient for just one night. The lobby is way up on the 25 floor, which is kind of cool, our room was actually 4 floors lower. Our "deluxe city view" was just a look at the tall glass tower next door. The room was very hip and nice, you have to call Housekeeping for ice. The lobby is full of beautiful, wealthy people and lots of expensive art, feels a little bit like everyone's trying too hard, the atmosphere is not terribly inviting. If you had to be here for a meeting or had nearby downtown business, then the Conrad would be OK, otherwise stay over in Miami Beach or maybe down in Coconut Grove where things are a little more fun and relaxed.

Room Tip: Warning! They charge $38 a night for parking!