“Construction work at 2:30am.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Luxury From $299
Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Westwood, Massachusetts, United States
“Construction work at 2:30am.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed for the first time (and last time) at the Conrad, Miami for two nights to attend a nearby conference.

My biggest issue:
Construction work in a neighboring room pulled me out of a sound sleep at 2:30am in the morning with very loud hammering and drilling. My calls to the service desk/front desk went unanswered. The very nigh noise level only stopped around 3am.

Room:
I was surprised to find cigarette burn marks on furniture and encounter a distinct smoky smell in my non-smoking room.

Service:
I needed two separate attempts to avoid a double-charge for internet access. The front desk did not seem too interested in my complaints about the incredible noise either.

Layout:
The layout is not convenient at all: when you leave your room you need to remember to press 'UP' on the elevator since you can only get back to the street level by making a stop on the 25th floor first, change over to another elevator bank and then go back down.

Bottom line:
I will avoid this hotel in the future. At this price point there are many better options in Miami.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Suzanne B,

Thank you for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is through our guest’s valuable feedback that we are able to evaluate and improve upon the high standards of customer service expected of us.

Nevertheless, I was truly disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including the construction noise, the room quality and the internet charge issues. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations and for this I am truly sorry. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members.

If there is anything I could do to convince you of a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Stephane Mercier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
South Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my first stay at a Conrad brand hotel. I was expecting a bit more elegance and luxury for the name and price.
The hotel lobby is on the 25th floor so you have to first go to 25th, check in, then go to another bank of elevators to access the rooms on floors 16 - 32. The conference rooms are on the 3rd floor. So you have to make multiple stops up and down always passing through the 25th and changing elevators. This can be a bit of an inconvenience plus a waste of time as I found myself having to wait often.
The hallways and room carpeting were worn and dated, bringing down the overall appearance and fell of this otherwise nice hotel.
Staff were freindly and accomodating.
Catering was very good I must add.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear flyingman48,

Thank you for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed to learn that your hotel experience was only okay. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members.

However, I was thrilled with your mention of our catering services. We have a flawless & timely events and catering team that personalizes each and every guest's Conrad experience.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will hope for a return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here one night using airline points, it might have been better for a longer stay but was fairly inconvenient for just one night. The lobby is way up on the 25 floor, which is kind of cool, our room was actually 4 floors lower. Our "deluxe city view" was just a look at the tall glass tower next door. The room was very hip and nice, you have to call Housekeeping for ice. The lobby is full of beautiful, wealthy people and lots of expensive art, feels a little bit like everyone's trying too hard, the atmosphere is not terribly inviting. If you had to be here for a meeting or had nearby downtown business, then the Conrad would be OK, otherwise stay over in Miami Beach or maybe down in Coconut Grove where things are a little more fun and relaxed.

Room Tip: Warning! They charge $38 a night for parking!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John T,

Thank you for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The Conrad Miami offers a world of style and service and a place where we hope all our guests can feel the freedom to be their selves. Being located in the financial district does lend itself to a more formal environment but this makes for a uniquely different experience than South Beach.

If your business travels bring you back to Miami, I will hope for your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in a future reservation, please do not hesitate to ask.

Hoboken, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The property is quite nice, don't get me wrong about that. However, it is quite odd that the lobby is on the 25th Floor but there are rooms lower than that. We stayed in a suite on the 18th floor and it always threw us off that we had to go up to the lobby and food but down to our room. Also to go from our room to the outside, we had to go to the lobby and transfer elevators. Regardless, we booked at the Conrad because it was an Amex Fine Hotel with late checkout and was close to the start and finish for the Miami Marathon. Upon check-in, we were upgraded to a huge suite that is probably larger than our apartment at home (Room 1801 is excellent)! We were certainly very pleased with the room, however, we were very disappointed by a number of servicing items. After a conversation with the hotel staff, they promised that they would be able to deliver me a light breakfast at 4am before I had to leave for the race, nope, nothing showed up in the morning and when I called the front desk in the morning, they told me they had no record of that on file and that I needed to come pick a banana and some waters if I wanted it. Thank goodness I had a bagel that I travelled with the day before, otherwise, I would have starved that morning relying on the hotel. Also after checking in, we were told that lunch would be served until 2PM. When we stopped down for food, we were told that the restaurant was closed for a private event but we would be able to sit on the roof deck and order off the bar menu. The waiter out there gave us a hard time and told us he would serve us but technically they were closed and to top it off, you'd think they'd want us to eat quickly and leave but the service was incredibly slow. Another miscommunication. I didn't eat the breakfast offered by the hotel since I was running, but husband did and he said that it was one of the worst hotel breakfasts he's had at all of the Amex Fine Hotels that we've stayed in. Finally, the last thing that went wrong was the lunch we ordered through room service. We asked for a sandwich without mustard which they told us was definitely possible but when it came, there was mustard on it. Furthermore, while there were a couple of weddings going on at the hotel while we were there (so I know they must be very busy), but all of the staff just seemed to have no idea that the marathon was happening that weekend. I found that to be quite surprising since the course ran right in front of the hotel (streets were closed) and there were at least a good number of guests that I saw who were also running. I would have expected some kind of acknowledgment of that with the breakfast in the morning but everyone just seemed so surprised. While all of this doesn't seem too terrible, it really is quite a disappointment for a hotel property that is supposed to be 5 star service and for all these mistakes to occur all within a 24 hour stay, that seems poor. It does seem that the mistakes were contained to within the offerings of the kitchen but regardless, it seems like the service of this hotel was to over-promise and under-deliver.

Room Tip: Room 1801 is a great suite!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear nyy0811,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to know that on this occasion that we did not meet your expectations for flawless and timely service and for this I offer my sincerest apologies.

Please know that I have discussed the issue with the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of our hotel.

As always, if there is anything I could do to assist in this matter, please feel free to contact me. I will welcome your call.

Brentwood, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for a conference and, unfortunately, was assigned a very small room. I presume this is due to the low rate negotiated by the conference organizers. Regardless, the room was spotless and had all of the amenities one would expect at an upper end hotel. The location is terrific being right on the bay with many options to walk and run. The service was very good and all were friendly and helpful upon check in. I was not impressed with the "sky lobby" arrangement, however. For one reason or another, you need to go to the 25th floor to check in, and then take another elevator to your room, either above or below the 25th floor. This means that when you want to leave your room and leave the hotel, you need to take an elevator to the lobby, and another to the ground floor. This may be considered chic, but frankly I found it cumbersome and time consuming always having to wait for two elevators when one will do. It is for this reason I can only give this hotel an average, and I won't likely return as there are plenty of similar options within blocks, i.e. JW Marriott, etc.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the bay. Otherwise you are looking right at another highrise and t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Eurorunner,

Thank you so much for your terrific review. I am happy to know that your service experience was so exceptional. I do hope that we will have the honor of a return visit as we truly value our loyal guests.

As always, if there is anything I could do to assist with a future reservation, please do not hesitate to ask.

Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Incredible noise until the wee hours of the morning when I was trying to sllep as I was running in the Miami Marathon. The hotel is nice but has a weird set up with the lobby on 25 and then the hotel rooms accesible from another bank of elvators. Staff was helpful. We had two beds in the room but neither was queen sized they are full sized so it was a bit cramped for two people. Pool is a hike needing three elevators to get there plus a walk. Felt it was overpriced.

Room Tip: Away from elevators
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Steven C,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very happy to know that you chose our hotel for such an exciting event as your participation the ING Marathon but I was truly disappointed to know that that noise level was so high that it disturbed your sleep and for this I sincerely apologize. We have a strict noise policy at the hotel and, if informed, our security and front desk team will handle these matters immediately.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The staff, rooms and service at this hotel were exceptional. The location was not so great, but offered amazing views and very easy to get to both South Beach and the quieter beaches of Key Biscayne. We had such a fantastic time, and couldn't really have asked for more. The lady at concierge was most helpful in organising transport for the orange bowl and always greeted us with a kind smile and generous welcome chat. Reception were always on hand to give advice and make the stay as comfortable as possible. The rooftop pool, although tedious to get to was well worth it, the breakfast expensive and limited, but the illy coffee machines in the rooms were a great touch. And whilst we enjoyed our stay so much we chose to stay at the hotel for our wedding night! although giving the hotel prior notice we did not receive even a congratulations. Still for a hotel, I have yet to experience any better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ianr852,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on such a special occasion as your wedding night! I personally wish you many congratulations but it is with all sincerity that I must apologize that we lapsed in providing a personalized service at such a memorable time of your life. In light of our mistake, I was very pleased to know that your hotel experience was still so exceptional.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and that your valuable feedback helps us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

Congratulations and I hope to look forward to your anniversary stay. If there is anything I could to assist with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Stephane Mercier

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!