“Swanky modern and hip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Miami From $209
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“Swanky modern and hip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Looking for a place to stay in downtown Miami, try the Conrad Hotel on Brickell Avenue. This hotel is swanky, modern and hip with a boutique feel. Nestled on the top floor the views are amazing! Have breakfast on the terrace overlooking Biscayne Bay with a gentle breeze off the water or an afternoon cocktail. The rooms are very nice with all the modern features you would expect of this hotel. Book a corner jr suite and enjoy an panoramic view of the city. If you are looking for meeting space for your next business meeting, the Conrad has nice meeting rooms with excellent service. For the foodie, this hotel is close to all the great restaurants in mid town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear TValls,

Thank you for your swanky review! I am pleased to know that your Conrad experience was so successful. But I personally want to thank you for bringing some attention to our outdoor terrace located on the 25th floor. It is a wonderful view and combined with the tropical breezes that arrive from the ocean--there is nothing more relaxing.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could to assist with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Stephane Mercier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
N14, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife was graduating from her Ph.D. program and we needed to travel to Miami for Commencement, so I traded in points for our stay. We got an upgrade to a suite, which had a great view. The restaurant there was great, and they were very understanding with regards to special dietary needs, and Matthew Moll was very attentive and generally an extremely nice person. For dinner, the scallops and crab was wonderful. It took some getting used to that the lobby was on the 25th floor, and it was a 2-elevator ride to get down to the street level.

Dear FlyingERDoc83,

Thank you for your amazing review and congratulations to your wife on such a momentous occasion! I am also very pleased to know that our restaurant, Atrio, was able to accommodate your dining needs. We know that in today's world, with the assortment of dietary restrictions and innovative diets, our restaurant must be practiced and prepared for these special occasions. I am happy to know that we succeeded.

Thank you also for your compliments regarding Matthew Moll, our restaurant supervisor. He is one of the best and I know you were in good hands.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

West New York, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Conrad Miami for busines and pleasure. I had a success and satisfactory experience. As an seasoned traveler, I found that the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to insure a wonderful experience. Thank you

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the higher floors and had an amazing view.
Dear jean a,

Thank you so much for your review. I am very happy to know that we succeeded in providing a service experience that exceeded your expectations. I am truly proud of our entire team and I know that they are committed to going above and beyond for each of our guests.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, whether business or pleasure, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here for three nights prior to Caribbean cruise. Upgraded to water view. Excellent buffet breakfast (complimentary), especially the scrambled eggs. Every Conrad Hotel we have been in does great eggs. There were lots of wait staff and we got breakfast quickly, even on the weekend. The bed was comfortable with soft linens and towels. We were served free frozen slushies at the pool - very welcome on a hot day. Brickell Village is just a short walk away with lots of restaurant choices and the Metro Mover and trolley are both free and right outside the door. Only issues were that the pool was way too hot, approaching hot tub temperature, there are no balconies which is too bad considering the gorgeous vies and the walls are pretty thin when you can hear the people next door. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SERVICE IS NOT TERRIBLE AS NOTED IN RATINGS BUT THAT IS THE ONLY RATING THAT WOULD COME UP. IS SOMEONE FOOLING AROUND WITH THE SYSTEM?

Dear t42,

Thank you for your excellent review. I was absolutely thrilled to see what a wonderful hotel experience you had prior to your cruise. Complimentary frozen smoothies by the pool are Conrad Miami's way of delighting our guests in unexpected ways.

If your cruise plans bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Brickell is always a good and beautiful location. Great views, within walking distance of Mary Brickell's Village, which means many dinner choices. Service is not great and the hotel itself is quite complicated. You have to go up to the front desk, check in, then down or up again on another elevator to your room and vice versa. To go the pool, you must go down to ground floor, across the entrance to the other building, then up again to the 11th floor. Rooms and bathrooms are large and pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Trustee2011,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to know that you were able to walk the surrounding neighborhood of Brickell, otherwise known as the Financial District of Miami. We are ground central to some of the top firms and restaurants in town.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservation, please do not hesitate to ask.

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I am currently staying at the Conrad in Miami and am seriously disappointed in how terrible the service is. As a HH Diamond guest you think they might up the level of service. No such luck. First nice reception on 25th floor but hardly accommodating. Fortunate to get a suite thanks to numerous HH stays but that was about as good as it got. My husband had a job interview at 3pm at a hospital and I travelled into Miami for an important medical consult at UM at 4.30. As the traffic is terrible in Miami I hoped to leave the children in the room as we had travelled many hours to get there, but they said the room wasn't ready which is fair enough but they did tell us they would only do our room after 2 others. I explained the desperate need for their help but no such luck and I didn't have time to drive to the Setai - a regular of mine across town before our appointments. Still they said that they would call as soon as the room was ready which only happened at 4.37 pm so unfortunately we had to drag the kids with us to both appointments. That messed up both meetings. Also there was a terrifying noise in the elevators which they had been repairing earlier. This made us quite hysterical as it was deafening. So they closed them off and guests had to go through the kitchen to get the service elevator. The hotel has a crazy design with check in at the 25 th floor and another set of elevators to get to ground. You cant get out of the place without traveling in one set up to the 25th then catching the other set on the 25th floor out. I asked to go down the fire escape when the 25th floor ones were broken but they said no. If you fear fire or being trapped, don't stay here. Oh and the next day after the trek to go downstairs, the fire alarms were all flashing in the foyer and it wasn't very comforting. Okay the room was nice and spacious. Beds good and comfy but room was very stuffy so can't see how it was just made up. Thick dust on side tables gave me bad allergy. The room service is the absolute slowest that I've ever encountered and we had to chase up most meals. Got hot chocolate that arrived cold as it doesn't come up in a pot. If you figure the long elavator trip then you think they would serve in in a pot and not in a cup to get cold. The food is not great by Miami standards. Perhaps the worst breakfast I've ever experienced too- in any hotel. Service abyssmal. Two over easy eggs came so hard and broken yolks that I could actually stand them up on their sides. salmon substandard too. Service standards at breakfast really upset us as we couldn't get anything without an extraordinary wait. I ate most of my meal with a teaspoon as it took so long to get cutllery. As we messed up our interview we arranged to go back on Sunday for a meeting so groan we had to extend our stay. I really would advise HH Diamond to stay very far away due to poor service standards.

Room Tip: Change hotels !
Dear luxuryreviewer1,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback helps us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

As a HHonors Diamond member, we value your loyalty and if there is anything I could do or if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We were treated like kings at the Conrad. As Diamond VIPs, we were very fortunate to have been upgraded to a king suite with a living room, bedroom, bedroom, telescope, remote controlled window treatments, and two TVs. The style of the room was just right for us... modern but subtle. The building was well maintained and it almost appeared as though our room had been recently renovated.

The elevator situation is different from your standard hotel but we didn't find it to be as big of a deal as others have noted. After arriving in the upper floor lobby, the second elevator ride is only a few floors and quick.

The lobby design includes a balcony overlooking the bay. The complimentary coffee and tea presentation in the morning is nicely done.

The breakfast is another highlight. The options were appetizing and the servers were attentive. It is served in a casual lounge in the lobby offering a bright, open space and booth seating.

Everyone we encountered was professional and pleasant. The complimentary bottled water offered at check in was a nice touch.

We will definitely return while we have Diamond status and we are surprised that this property offers such affordable rates given the quality of the room and guest experience.

Room Tip: room 1901 is a king suite with a partial bay view
Dear johnruda,

Thank you for your "royal" review. I am absolutely thrilled that your Conrad experience was such a delight. We will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Stephane Mercier

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!