“No Problems” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Miami On Sale From $149
Ranked #13 of 130 hotels in Miami
Toronto
“No Problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here for three nights prior to Caribbean cruise. Upgraded to water view. Excellent buffet breakfast (complimentary), especially the scrambled eggs. Every Conrad Hotel we have been in does great eggs. There were lots of wait staff and we got breakfast quickly, even on the weekend. The bed was comfortable with soft linens and towels. We were served free frozen slushies at the pool - very welcome on a hot day. Brickell Village is just a short walk away with lots of restaurant choices and the Metro Mover and trolley are both free and right outside the door. Only issues were that the pool was way too hot, approaching hot tub temperature, there are no balconies which is too bad considering the gorgeous vies and the walls are pretty thin when you can hear the people next door. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SERVICE IS NOT TERRIBLE AS NOTED IN RATINGS BUT THAT IS THE ONLY RATING THAT WOULD COME UP. IS SOMEONE FOOLING AROUND WITH THE SYSTEM?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
StephaneMercierGM, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear t42,

Thank you for your excellent review. I was absolutely thrilled to see what a wonderful hotel experience you had prior to your cruise. Complimentary frozen smoothies by the pool are Conrad Miami's way of delighting our guests in unexpected ways.

If your cruise plans bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

891 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Brickell is always a good and beautiful location. Great views, within walking distance of Mary Brickell's Village, which means many dinner choices. Service is not great and the hotel itself is quite complicated. You have to go up to the front desk, check in, then down or up again on another elevator to your room and vice versa. To go the pool, you must go down to ground floor, across the entrance to the other building, then up again to the 11th floor. Rooms and bathrooms are large and pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Trustee2011,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to know that you were able to walk the surrounding neighborhood of Brickell, otherwise known as the Financial District of Miami. We are ground central to some of the top firms and restaurants in town.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservation, please do not hesitate to ask.

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I am currently staying at the Conrad in Miami and am seriously disappointed in how terrible the service is. As a HH Diamond guest you think they might up the level of service. No such luck. First nice reception on 25th floor but hardly accommodating. Fortunate to get a suite thanks to numerous HH stays but that was about as good as it got. My husband had a job interview at 3pm at a hospital and I travelled into Miami for an important medical consult at UM at 4.30. As the traffic is terrible in Miami I hoped to leave the children in the room as we had travelled many hours to get there, but they said the room wasn't ready which is fair enough but they did tell us they would only do our room after 2 others. I explained the desperate need for their help but no such luck and I didn't have time to drive to the Setai - a regular of mine across town before our appointments. Still they said that they would call as soon as the room was ready which only happened at 4.37 pm so unfortunately we had to drag the kids with us to both appointments. That messed up both meetings. Also there was a terrifying noise in the elevators which they had been repairing earlier. This made us quite hysterical as it was deafening. So they closed them off and guests had to go through the kitchen to get the service elevator. The hotel has a crazy design with check in at the 25 th floor and another set of elevators to get to ground. You cant get out of the place without traveling in one set up to the 25th then catching the other set on the 25th floor out. I asked to go down the fire escape when the 25th floor ones were broken but they said no. If you fear fire or being trapped, don't stay here. Oh and the next day after the trek to go downstairs, the fire alarms were all flashing in the foyer and it wasn't very comforting. Okay the room was nice and spacious. Beds good and comfy but room was very stuffy so can't see how it was just made up. Thick dust on side tables gave me bad allergy. The room service is the absolute slowest that I've ever encountered and we had to chase up most meals. Got hot chocolate that arrived cold as it doesn't come up in a pot. If you figure the long elavator trip then you think they would serve in in a pot and not in a cup to get cold. The food is not great by Miami standards. Perhaps the worst breakfast I've ever experienced too- in any hotel. Service abyssmal. Two over easy eggs came so hard and broken yolks that I could actually stand them up on their sides. salmon substandard too. Service standards at breakfast really upset us as we couldn't get anything without an extraordinary wait. I ate most of my meal with a teaspoon as it took so long to get cutllery. As we messed up our interview we arranged to go back on Sunday for a meeting so groan we had to extend our stay. I really would advise HH Diamond to stay very far away due to poor service standards.

Room Tip: Change hotels !
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear luxuryreviewer1,

As a HHonors Diamond member, we value your loyalty and if there is anything I could do or if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We were treated like kings at the Conrad. As Diamond VIPs, we were very fortunate to have been upgraded to a king suite with a living room, bedroom, bedroom, telescope, remote controlled window treatments, and two TVs. The style of the room was just right for us... modern but subtle. The building was well maintained and it almost appeared as though our room had been recently renovated.

The elevator situation is different from your standard hotel but we didn't find it to be as big of a deal as others have noted. After arriving in the upper floor lobby, the second elevator ride is only a few floors and quick.

The lobby design includes a balcony overlooking the bay. The complimentary coffee and tea presentation in the morning is nicely done.

The breakfast is another highlight. The options were appetizing and the servers were attentive. It is served in a casual lounge in the lobby offering a bright, open space and booth seating.

Everyone we encountered was professional and pleasant. The complimentary bottled water offered at check in was a nice touch.

We will definitely return while we have Diamond status and we are surprised that this property offers such affordable rates given the quality of the room and guest experience.

Room Tip: room 1901 is a king suite with a partial bay view
Dear johnruda,

Thank you for your "royal" review. I am absolutely thrilled that your Conrad experience was such a delight. We will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Waterman, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I found this hotel on a website at the last minute before our Caribbean cruise. For the price we paid, it was a great value.....if you could put up with the 'snobbiness' of the guests and hotel staff. The room was small, but had all the necessities. The bath robes were a nice touch. The room did contain a snack and liquor bar, but no one in their right mind could afford to buy anything from it (a Snickers bar for $7). The bathroom was spacious and clean. I would stay here again, but I'd have to update my wardrobe, get a fake tan, buy a Coach purse, Gucci sunglasses and carry a chihuahua with me to feel like I belong.

Dear shredbetty4,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback helps us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us. If there is anything I could do or if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Liked clean, contemporary space. From front staff to pool attendants, everyone seemed to have excellent customer service.

Disliked everything came with price...

Location is ok, not walking friendly area.

Our king room was decent size and the bay view was blocked by the huge condo located in front of the hotel ;-(

Restaurant - Go to Atrio around sunset time. For just a two of you, romantic dinner can start sipping a glass of wine at dusk, or you can enjoy dinners for a group of 8 people privately. Casual attire, not kids friendly, and great wine menu selection.

Room Tip: Suites facing bayview, the higher the better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear IssayD,

Thank you for your one night stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to know that you had a moment to experience our excellent customer service. Our Conrad ambassadors are committed to a service experience that is natural and personalized to each of our guests.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I will definitely stay at this property again. Excellent customer service. Great rooms. Delicious breakfast. Diamond members should make a visit to this property. Very impressed. This is my first Conrad Property stay. I will plan to stay at Conrad properties for my vacation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear NE_RAVENS,

Thank you for such a great review. I am absolutely thrilled to know that your first Conrad experience was such a success. For your next visit, if I may suggest, please download our FREE Conrad Concierge App. You can view all our properties, make reservations, request pre-arrival amenities and more at any of our properties around the world.

If your travels bring you back to the Conrad Miami, then we will look forward to your visit. If there is anything I could do to assist with your future reservations at any of our properties, please do not hesitate to ask.

Stephane Mercier

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!