“Understated excellance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Bookmark
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Luxury From $199
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Miami Beach, Florida
“Understated excellance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here over Christmas holiday (two nights). Wonderful stay from check-in to check-out; staff was exceptional as were the overall facilities and location (JW Marriott and Four Seasons flank the Conrad).

This is mostly a business persons' hotel, but lends itself well for savvy leisure travelers too. Just a short 15 minute ride into South Beach where all of the craziness lives. Love coming back to the Conrad afterward for peace and quiet.

Now for the minuses:
Expensive parking ($38), but look around the immediate neighborhood and you can find affordable ($15) overnight open uncovered/open-lot parking options.

Breakfast items are unremarkable; but I don't select a hotel based on breakfast offerings and neither should you...this is Miami baby, plenty of great places to eat!

When I'm back in Miami next, I will stay at Conrad again.

Room Tip: Water view and high room is a must.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear fozziedoggie,

Thank you for your understated and excellent review. I am thrilled to know that your stay was so wonderful for your Christmas holidays. We will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Martin Wormull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed one night at the Conrad as part of a cruise package. It was not an auspicious start to our cruise. Like other reviewers we found the hotel layout and elevators odd. The room and bath were comfortable, well appointed and spacious. The closet space is split into two small, awkward closets. The bath was large but the tub small. This was no issue to us since we never bathe in a hotel. The shower was of sufficient size. There are both a rain shower head and a handheld wand. First issue, insufficient water pressure for my 8:00 AM shower. The second issue is there is no valve or control to select which one (or both) you would like to use. During our showers water was flowing from only the handheld head and at an unsatisfactory rate. We did not have a problem with hot water. The in room Illy coffee machine had only one pod for regular coffee, the rest were decaf. I need more than one cup to start my day. They failed to deliver the Wall Street Journal as requested. We proceeded to breakfast. The cruise had supplied us with vouchers and informed us they covered the hotel breakfast buffet. When we arrived at the dining room it was chaos. There was no hostess/host to advise you where to sit, etc. We finally found a maitre'd or manager and asked him where to sit and expressed.our displeasure with the disorganization. He was very apologetic and by the time our breakfast was eaten things did seem to be improving. The food quality was good on the buffet and there were many choices. The station for freshly prepared eggs did seem to have a line most of the time. The staff was gracious and responsive to all our requests and complaints but more often than not they were apologizing for problems. All in all I would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Dutchess2245,

On behalf of the Conrad Miami, I want to personally apologize for not meeting your hotel expectations on the eve of your cruise package. I can truly understand your disappointment and I would be most appreciative if you could contact my office directly for further discussions.

I also want to thank you for your stay and for taking the time to review our hotel. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback helps us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

Once again, please feel free to contact my office directly.

St. George, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

First time at this hotel. Loved it. Location in Brickell was great, nice ftness ctr and amenities were great. Mariana at the front desk was awsome and exemplified professional and courtious service.

Advise: not for kids, std rms are small, and skip breakfast. It was mediocre at best and the service was bad. It will disappoint further when the add a tip to your bill anyway after providing bad service. Otherwise a great stay!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Hhonorsreview,

Thank you for your Top Notch review! I am very happy to know that your first time guest experience was so exceptional. Although I am disappointed to learn that your breakfast was not satisfactory and for this I would like to express my apologies.

As a valued HHonors member, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here for the first time in November (2012) and liked it. This was part of a Regent cruise package where they picked us up at the airport and provided this hotel for the day and night prior to embarkation. We arrived at the hotel early in the morning, 8:00 AM, they checked us right in with no fuss or grief which eliminated the inconvenience of us having sit around half the day while the room was being prepared (after having traveled for 20 straight hours). Gave us a chance to take a short nap and then explore the city. We checked out at noon the next day and shortly after were off to board our ship.

It is located in the center of a nice high-end clean location down-town in the financial district but very close to the cruise port on Biscayne Bay. Lot of quality places to dine close to the hotel as well as the fine restaurant in the Conrad.

In particular we were impressed by our room and the terrace overlooking the Bay which is located off the restaurant and lobby. The lobby is on the 20th floor if I recall correctly. It is sort of awkward getting to ones room as you must ride the elevator from the ground floor up to the 20th then change over to another elevator regardless if you are below or above the 20th floor. I'm certain they do this for security purposes.

They provide free complimentary internet and continental breakfast off the restaurant. In the evening one can sit out on the patio and enjoy a cocktail while looking over the serene waterfront area and nearby bay.

We will select the Conrad next time we are in Miami.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TeBay,

Thank you for your review. We are absolutely thrilled to know that we contributed to a wonderful cruise experience for you. As you mentioned, we are located within a safe and vibrant neighborhood that offers many fine restaurants, cafes and walking space to enjoy. The Port is very close and the airport is only 20 minutes away! As such, we are an excellent destination hotel for anyone embarking or returning from a cruise.

As always, we look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I can do to help in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Conrad in Miami several times from 2005-2008, but this was my first time back in a few years. I have always preferred it to the Four Seasons across the street because it has a greater sense of style (although the pool at the Four Seasons is superior).
On the positive side, the hotel remains clean and modern and is often the best value on its stretch of Brickell. However, the setup of the lobby remains irritating - although is very common for these shared office/residential/hotel buildings. Unfortunately, I also learned the hard way that the walls were thinner than I imagined by staying door to a crying baby.
Nonetheless, I would be inclined to return to the Conrad on my next work trip to Miami for its relative value and style.

Room Tip: If you can swing it, don't stay next to a crying infant
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear venustar82,

Thank you for your review and, most importantly, thank you for your many visits to the Conrad Miami. I am absolutely thrilled to know that you will choose our hotel on your next business trip.

For your future visit, please know if you are not happy with your room for any reason, you may contact our front desk and they will facilitate a room change immediately. As a loyal Conrad guest, I would, personally, like to offer you a free upgrade for your next visit. Please feel free to contact my office directly so that we can update your guest profile.

As always, we look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Miami, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The best part of our hotel stay was the breakfast. Very nice selection of foods and great service. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The Conrad was far and above that normal hilton breakfast. Enjoyed the food, the service and sitting on the balcony with ocean views.

As a Hilton Diamond Member I was upgraded to an ocean view. But the room was so small, it was uncomfortable for 2 people and 2 suitcases. The ocean view was appreciated but the windows don't open and the room begins to feel stale. And with the room being so small we found the whole room to be confining.

The bathroom had a very strange tub - child size and only about 6 inches deep. Looks like an foot bath, not a bathtub. But the finishes were otherwise fine.

And the main reason that I would not stay in this hotel again is the potpourri that is all over the public spaces - hallways and by elevators. The smell is overwhelming and nauseating. Literally had to hold our breath and quickly walk away from the elevators to keep from getting a headache.

Elevators are very strange as everyone reports. Up - around the corner - down again.... It just became comical to us. And the parking is inconvenient and ill planned too. Around and around the parking garage to get to the right floor. Then down the elevator to the ground. Walk to the next building and start with the hotels' crazy elevators. It can take 15 minutes to manage this whole process. Clearly an experienced architect not involved in the planning of this hotel and parking. Seems more like a hotel was squeezed into available space of a multi-use building.

My guess is that most guests are Hilton Members who choose the hotel because of the points program. And after they stay there once, they won't go back. This is the case with us. There are many many hotel options in Miami. This one won't get our repeat business.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear ^^^,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback helps us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

I am disappointed to see that you will not be returning for any future visits. As a HHonors Diamond member, we value your loyalty and if there is anything I could do or if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was the host of a 3-day seminar held in this hotel, though brought my family along for the trip, and was blown away by the superior level of service at this upscale establishment - though some of the incidental charges are both irritating and ridiculously expensive given the price of a room. We were paying of the order $300 per night for a twin room and rollaway crib for me, my wife, my 3 year old and my 6 month old and it's unnecessary to charge an additional $15 for wi-fi access and $35+ for valet parking.... really??? Wow!

However, the room quality was superb (even though we'd booked an Ocean view and received a view looking over a construction site). The crib was in the room within minutes and the entire process of checking-in was supremely fast and efficient. It takes a bit of getting used to having to travel up to the 25th floor to check-in or to exit (or reach the meeting rooms) and take a separate set of elevators to the accommodation.

Our first breakfast was bit hit-and-miss because an event was being hosted in the usual breakfast room spot, which meant that the items set out was disappointing. However, for the remainder of the stay, the breakfast buffet was excellent.

I spent most of my time in one of the meeting rooms on the second floor, whoch was spacious and the business services were superb - audio-visual set-up, coffee break items, buffet lunches etc were all of great quality and served in a very friendly and professional manner. At the other extreme, the staff were extremely friendly towards our children and looked after them well.

The bedrooms are spacious, sleep is no problem and the bathroom is very large and spotlessly clean. The location is also pretty convenient, being a 20 minute drive from the airport and 30 minutes to the South Beach area with a monorail stop a half block away.

All in all superb but for the niggling additonal charges, which are unbecoming of a superior location like this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Daniel C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a superb review of the Conrad Miami. I always appreciate when a guest takes the time to write such a complimentary and comprehensive review. Please know that we have taken all of your observations into consideration as we continue to ensure that our accommodations meet our guests’ standards.

Martin Wormull

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!