“Return visit after a few years hiatus, still my preferred choice for Brickell” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Miami From $209
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Sao Paulo, SP
“Return visit after a few years hiatus, still my preferred choice for Brickell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Conrad in Miami several times from 2005-2008, but this was my first time back in a few years. I have always preferred it to the Four Seasons across the street because it has a greater sense of style (although the pool at the Four Seasons is superior).
On the positive side, the hotel remains clean and modern and is often the best value on its stretch of Brickell. However, the setup of the lobby remains irritating - although is very common for these shared office/residential/hotel buildings. Unfortunately, I also learned the hard way that the walls were thinner than I imagined by staying door to a crying baby.
Nonetheless, I would be inclined to return to the Conrad on my next work trip to Miami for its relative value and style.

Room Tip: If you can swing it, don't stay next to a crying infant
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear venustar82,

Thank you for your review and, most importantly, thank you for your many visits to the Conrad Miami. I am absolutely thrilled to know that you will choose our hotel on your next business trip.

For your future visit, please know if you are not happy with your room for any reason, you may contact our front desk and they will facilitate a room change immediately. As a loyal Conrad guest, I would, personally, like to offer you a free upgrade for your next visit. Please feel free to contact my office directly so that we can update your guest profile.

As always, we look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Martin Wormull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Miami, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The best part of our hotel stay was the breakfast. Very nice selection of foods and great service. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The Conrad was far and above that normal hilton breakfast. Enjoyed the food, the service and sitting on the balcony with ocean views.

As a Hilton Diamond Member I was upgraded to an ocean view. But the room was so small, it was uncomfortable for 2 people and 2 suitcases. The ocean view was appreciated but the windows don't open and the room begins to feel stale. And with the room being so small we found the whole room to be confining.

The bathroom had a very strange tub - child size and only about 6 inches deep. Looks like an foot bath, not a bathtub. But the finishes were otherwise fine.

And the main reason that I would not stay in this hotel again is the potpourri that is all over the public spaces - hallways and by elevators. The smell is overwhelming and nauseating. Literally had to hold our breath and quickly walk away from the elevators to keep from getting a headache.

Elevators are very strange as everyone reports. Up - around the corner - down again.... It just became comical to us. And the parking is inconvenient and ill planned too. Around and around the parking garage to get to the right floor. Then down the elevator to the ground. Walk to the next building and start with the hotels' crazy elevators. It can take 15 minutes to manage this whole process. Clearly an experienced architect not involved in the planning of this hotel and parking. Seems more like a hotel was squeezed into available space of a multi-use building.

My guess is that most guests are Hilton Members who choose the hotel because of the points program. And after they stay there once, they won't go back. This is the case with us. There are many many hotel options in Miami. This one won't get our repeat business.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear ^^^,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback helps us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

I am disappointed to see that you will not be returning for any future visits. As a HHonors Diamond member, we value your loyalty and if there is anything I could do or if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was the host of a 3-day seminar held in this hotel, though brought my family along for the trip, and was blown away by the superior level of service at this upscale establishment - though some of the incidental charges are both irritating and ridiculously expensive given the price of a room. We were paying of the order $300 per night for a twin room and rollaway crib for me, my wife, my 3 year old and my 6 month old and it's unnecessary to charge an additional $15 for wi-fi access and $35+ for valet parking.... really??? Wow!

However, the room quality was superb (even though we'd booked an Ocean view and received a view looking over a construction site). The crib was in the room within minutes and the entire process of checking-in was supremely fast and efficient. It takes a bit of getting used to having to travel up to the 25th floor to check-in or to exit (or reach the meeting rooms) and take a separate set of elevators to the accommodation.

Our first breakfast was bit hit-and-miss because an event was being hosted in the usual breakfast room spot, which meant that the items set out was disappointing. However, for the remainder of the stay, the breakfast buffet was excellent.

I spent most of my time in one of the meeting rooms on the second floor, whoch was spacious and the business services were superb - audio-visual set-up, coffee break items, buffet lunches etc were all of great quality and served in a very friendly and professional manner. At the other extreme, the staff were extremely friendly towards our children and looked after them well.

The bedrooms are spacious, sleep is no problem and the bathroom is very large and spotlessly clean. The location is also pretty convenient, being a 20 minute drive from the airport and 30 minutes to the South Beach area with a monorail stop a half block away.

All in all superb but for the niggling additonal charges, which are unbecoming of a superior location like this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Daniel C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a superb review of the Conrad Miami. I always appreciate when a guest takes the time to write such a complimentary and comprehensive review. Please know that we have taken all of your observations into consideration as we continue to ensure that our accommodations meet our guests’ standards.

As always, we look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I can do to help in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's the second time I chooose this hotel. Just a few minutes from the airport and on brickell avenue this hotel has lovely views and good service. When I enteres the room, it smelled as it someone was smoking there just five minutes ago. I called the front desk and they explained me that it was a non smoking hotel but they assumed the problem and changed my room in just a few minutes. The breakfast is ok if you have it included, if not is quite expensive and is not worth it. All of the staff were very kind and made our twobdays stay very pleasant. The rooms are ok, in a couple of months it should be renewed or it will be oldish very soon.

Room Tip: Just check that nobody has smoked there
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Latrun,

Thank you for your review and more importantly thank you for your return visit! I was happy to see that you were immediately moved to another room. The Conrad Miami is a non-smoking property with the exception of a few designated areas.

As we are located in the Financial District of Brickell and ground central to Downtown Miami, we are an exceptional choice of hotel for the frequent business traveler. We are within walking distance of some of the top global banks and firms.

As always, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great room and upgrade (Amex Plat/Fine Hotels & Resorts Booking) with panoramic views of the city. The restaurant was quite good and the service was friendly and generally excellent (which I appreciated as I was dining alone and working). My one criticism was the availability of a taxi on the way out so if you are (like me) someone who cuts it a bit close, make sure to call down ahead and have a cab ready for you.

Dear Mark J,

Thank you for your fantastic review! I am delighted to know that your guest experience was so exceptional.

Your comments regarding the taxi inspired me to mention our NEW Conrad Concierge App that you can download for free for Apple/Droid phones and pads. With this new application, you could have actually enjoyed breakfast and requested your taxi from your restaurant table.

This application can be used at all Conrad Hotels around the world. You can even request amenities and dining options before you arrive at your next Conrad destination. Please take a moment to download before your visit.

As always, we will look forward to your return visit. If I could be of any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at the Conrad while attending a major conference in the hotel. Check-in was handled efficiently and professionally. There was a nice fragrance being pumped into the area which at first seemed very pleasant, but became sickeningly annoying after 10 minutes at the front desk. I'm not sure how the attendants tolerate it.

I upgraded my room to a higher floor and it was clean, spacious, and reasonably comfy. I imagine that it is time for an updating of the property because it seemed a little dated. Took me a while to figure out how to close the many curtains - and after I circled the room, unwinding all the shade, I found a button for the electronic curtains - would have been nice to know that.

The craziest thing about the hotel is the elevator system. You go up to the lobby, down to your room. And you have to change banks of elevators depending on where your headed. Some in some cases it was up from my room to the lobby, around the corner to another bank of elevators, and then down to the conference meeting rooms.

Bright spot was the outdoor patio off the lobby, beautiful view and great place to relax.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Advourner,

And, while I cannot change the elevator layout, I do hope that your appreciation of the relaxing views off the balcony on the 25th floor lobby area were a delightful counterbalance to the frustration of your elevator experience.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Last hotel of the vacation & what a treat. Booked direct on the Hilton website on a linger for longer weekend rate which was excellent value for my 3 night stay. Got the lift up to the lobby on the 25th floor and checked in. I was allocated a corner room on the 18th floor so around the corner in the lobby to get the other lift to go down to the room. It really is no bother, the first time it is a little odd though.

The room itself was fab, big windows, large tv, great bed, really comfortable and the views over the city & the sea were the best and a great end to the vacation. There was even a Illy in room coffee maker which was a nice touch as was the 2 bottled waters, replaced daily during the turn down service.The bathroom was very large, separate shower & tub. Lots of space, great light and fab views and lot of free toiletries ( soaps, gels, lotions even mouthwash). The towels & facecloths were incredibility soft plus there was even a weighting scale (did not use as on vacation)

The breakfast was buffet style in the lobby bar area and you could either sit in the restaurant or outside on the tables. There was a good selection of everything both hot & cold and on Saturday & Sunday there was on omelet station which was great, both cooks served up super eggs. It really was perfect & a treat to have breakfast on the outside terrace admiring the views in the sunshine ( free mimosas might have made it nicer)

The lobby & general areas were all top class and well maintained. There were 2 free computers by reception to print your boarding pass & check your email with a 20 min limit which is sufficient. The pool was in the other building on the 13th floor and was excellent, plenty of loungers & towels and the pool itself was a good length. Also a bar should you require refreshment.

Parking was $26 for self park with no in & out privileges or $38 for valet or you could park on the street by the hotel between midnight & 7 for free and then feed the meter or as I found at the weekend you could park on the street by St Judes Melkite church (15th Road I think - opposite the Chase building) for free so no need to feed the meter at 7 a.m. I guess depending if you are here for leisure or business will depend on you attitude to the parking cost.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Conrad and hope to return next time if I could get a good deal. The staff were all excellent and welcoming and treated you the same whether you were monied or not. Do try and eat at El Canajo on SW 17th Ave which is inside the BP filling station, really fun & great Spanish food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear UncleDom,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extraordinary review. I am absolutely delighted that your guest experience was so superb and I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review.

As with all our guests, Conrad Miami delights in contemporary luxury while providing a natural and engaging style to personalize each guest's experience. As such, on your next visit we will provide the free mimosas that you mentioned.

We look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Martin Wormull

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!