“Fantastic Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Luxury From $299
Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great room and upgrade (Amex Plat/Fine Hotels & Resorts Booking) with panoramic views of the city. The restaurant was quite good and the service was friendly and generally excellent (which I appreciated as I was dining alone and working). My one criticism was the availability of a taxi on the way out so if you are (like me) someone who cuts it a bit close, make sure to call down ahead and have a cab ready for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Mark J,

Thank you for your fantastic review! I am delighted to know that your guest experience was so exceptional.

Your comments regarding the taxi inspired me to mention our NEW Conrad Concierge App that you can download for free for Apple/Droid phones and pads. With this new application, you could have actually enjoyed breakfast and requested your taxi from your restaurant table.

This application can be used at all Conrad Hotels around the world. You can even request amenities and dining options before you arrive at your next Conrad destination. Please take a moment to download before your visit.

As always, we will look forward to your return visit. If I could be of any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Martin Wormull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at the Conrad while attending a major conference in the hotel. Check-in was handled efficiently and professionally. There was a nice fragrance being pumped into the area which at first seemed very pleasant, but became sickeningly annoying after 10 minutes at the front desk. I'm not sure how the attendants tolerate it.

I upgraded my room to a higher floor and it was clean, spacious, and reasonably comfy. I imagine that it is time for an updating of the property because it seemed a little dated. Took me a while to figure out how to close the many curtains - and after I circled the room, unwinding all the shade, I found a button for the electronic curtains - would have been nice to know that.

The craziest thing about the hotel is the elevator system. You go up to the lobby, down to your room. And you have to change banks of elevators depending on where your headed. Some in some cases it was up from my room to the lobby, around the corner to another bank of elevators, and then down to the conference meeting rooms.

Bright spot was the outdoor patio off the lobby, beautiful view and great place to relax.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Advourner,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback helps us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

And, while I cannot change the elevator layout, I do hope that your appreciation of the relaxing views off the balcony on the 25th floor lobby area were a delightful counterbalance to the frustration of your elevator experience.

As always, we will look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Last hotel of the vacation & what a treat. Booked direct on the Hilton website on a linger for longer weekend rate which was excellent value for my 3 night stay. Got the lift up to the lobby on the 25th floor and checked in. I was allocated a corner room on the 18th floor so around the corner in the lobby to get the other lift to go down to the room. It really is no bother, the first time it is a little odd though.

The room itself was fab, big windows, large tv, great bed, really comfortable and the views over the city & the sea were the best and a great end to the vacation. There was even a Illy in room coffee maker which was a nice touch as was the 2 bottled waters, replaced daily during the turn down service.The bathroom was very large, separate shower & tub. Lots of space, great light and fab views and lot of free toiletries ( soaps, gels, lotions even mouthwash). The towels & facecloths were incredibility soft plus there was even a weighting scale (did not use as on vacation)

The breakfast was buffet style in the lobby bar area and you could either sit in the restaurant or outside on the tables. There was a good selection of everything both hot & cold and on Saturday & Sunday there was on omelet station which was great, both cooks served up super eggs. It really was perfect & a treat to have breakfast on the outside terrace admiring the views in the sunshine ( free mimosas might have made it nicer)

The lobby & general areas were all top class and well maintained. There were 2 free computers by reception to print your boarding pass & check your email with a 20 min limit which is sufficient. The pool was in the other building on the 13th floor and was excellent, plenty of loungers & towels and the pool itself was a good length. Also a bar should you require refreshment.

Parking was $26 for self park with no in & out privileges or $38 for valet or you could park on the street by the hotel between midnight & 7 for free and then feed the meter or as I found at the weekend you could park on the street by St Judes Melkite church (15th Road I think - opposite the Chase building) for free so no need to feed the meter at 7 a.m. I guess depending if you are here for leisure or business will depend on you attitude to the parking cost.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Conrad and hope to return next time if I could get a good deal. The staff were all excellent and welcoming and treated you the same whether you were monied or not. Do try and eat at El Canajo on SW 17th Ave which is inside the BP filling station, really fun & great Spanish food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear UncleDom,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extraordinary review. I am absolutely delighted that your guest experience was so superb and I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review.

As with all our guests, Conrad Miami delights in contemporary luxury while providing a natural and engaging style to personalize each guest's experience. As such, on your next visit we will provide the free mimosas that you mentioned.

We look forward to your return visit. If there is anything I could do to help with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Tortola, British Virgin Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed at the Conrad for 1 night while on a business trip to Miami. Was a great stay. Check in quick and easy. I was upgraded to a corner suite on the 22nd floor. It was huge with separate living area and bedroom. Great views! Lovely contemporary furniture. Very comfortable king bed. The bathroom had separate shower and tub and was very big but for all that space, it had a pedestal like sink so very little vanity area or anywhere to put toiletries and the like. But other than that, the room was fine. The hotel restaurant has a very good breakfast buffet. I also ordered room service for dinner - dinner (lobster sandwich) arrived within 15 mins and was good. Service was generally ok. The staff that I encountered were friendly. I did ask for a wake up call and it never came - little things like that took away from the experience a bit but overall, I had a good stay and would recommend it. I would also definetly return.

Dear Valerie G,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to know that the majority of your guest experiences were pleasant but I do want to personally apologize for our hotel missing your wake up call. Please be assured that your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate team members for further review.

Furthermore, I am happy to know that you will be returning to the Conrad Miami for your future business stays. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

San Marcos, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Sleek decor and modern, skyscraper-luxe feel.

The best young professional staff, internationally assembled, all ready to go above and beyond.

Very secure hotel where VIPs and PEPs are able to stay in familiar luxury with a refined anonymity.

Breakfast and dinner at Atrio were enjoyable and delicious. Staff wonderfully fulfilled my oiff menu request for a bowl of soup when I was feeling ill.

I enjoyed HHonors diamond benefits during my entire stay, which really increased the value of my rate. I would caution budget-minded travelers to call the hotel and inquire what exactly is included in their rate before booking a stay; in this way one could prevent an uncomfortable situation later.

Room Tip: All views are good, I stayed on the ocean side and city side. If you are very lucky you may get an u...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Zach N,

Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review. I really appreciate when a guest takes the time to review his entire stay and comment on the many experiences that we offer. As always, we try to delight our contemporary travelers in innovative and unexpected ways.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return. If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom Suite on the 28th floor, amazing views of the bay and the ocean. The restaurant was great for breakfast but pricy. Fitness center is small but adequate with new machines and free weights.

if you have business Downtown or at the Beach this is a very convenient hotel to stay at.

Dear Discerning-Guest23,

Thank you for your review. One of the Conrad Miami's best features is the view. I am thrilled to know that you received a prime location to enjoy. As a returning guest, a Hilton Honors member or if we have availability, the hotel will always try to upgrade our guests and provide a quality service experience.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, we will look forward to your return. If there is anything I could do to assist with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Manchester,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I write this reveiw as a fan of Conrad Hotels and I have just returned from a six night stay at this hotel. I have mixed feelings about this hotel as a few things happened which I have not encountered at other Conrads. Firstly when I booked this trip we requested a roll up bed in the room at a cost of $40 per night. On arrival we were told we could not have this due to health and safety reasons, but we were offered an additional room at a cost of $2,200 for the stay. The young lady on reception did her best but the next offer was for a larger room which could accomodate a roll up bed when it became availble at a cost of $620 for the stay.We declined these offers and spent the money on beer instead!

Room number 1913 needs some TLC as the mini safe could not be coded, the curtains in the room had come off the track ot the top right hand side so the bright Miami sunshire woke us early every morning and the shower drain was blocked up. To be fair to the staff, the drain problem was sorted promptly once it was reported.

The room was described as a delux bay view, but I thought it was really small especially by American standards.

Now for the positves the staff at this hotel are a credit to the organisation all very smart and professional.The hotel entrance and lobby are typical Conrad stylish and smart with a good bar.
The hotel is impeccably clean throughout and smells really nice.
The location is really good with a Metromover stop accross the street.

All in all not quite what I expected from a Conrad Hotel but a pleasant place to stay in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear DavidMooney,

Thank you for your stay at the Conrad Miami and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations on this occasion. Please know that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate team members and together we reviewed your guest experience. We think that a misunderstanding has occurred and I ask that you contact me directly in order to address your concerns.

As with all our guests, it is your valuable feedback that helps us maintain the high standards of customer service that our guests have come to expect. I thank you again for your review and please contact the hotel to be connected to the General Manager's office.

Martin Wormull

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!