“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Luxury From $299
Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Hillsdale, ON
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

While the hotel has the standard amenities one would expect with a five-star hotel, the access to the hotel lobby and in your turn your room (two different elevator trips) is an inconvenience every time you leave or enter the hotel. In addtion the access to the pool is a joke (different building, have to go to the hotel lobby on the 25th floor, take an elevator to the ground, cross outside the building across the main car entrance and take yet another elevator!)
Finally and probably most disappointing for a Conrad, the hotel service was lacking. They could not get samll things like the newspaper delivered correctly and the attitude of the personnel other than the reception was anything but warm. The room was quite small (labelled a King Deluxe Suite) and really lacking in decor (one picture over the bathtub and two ridiculous small pictures in the main room - otherwise basic white walls).
Located okay if you want to be in the business district of Miami (not Miami Baech please note) but nothing special.
First time at a Conrad...think I will stick with the Hilton brand.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Bearwolf,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us. It is through our guest’s valuable feedback that we are able to evaluate and improve upon the high standards of customer service expected of us.

Needless to say, I am disappointed to learn of the various opportunities where we were lacking in service including your newspaper and the attitude of our personnel. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations and I am truly sorry. Please be assured that I have taken the necessary steps to make sure this does not happen again.

As a valued customer of Conrad and Hilton Worldwide, if there is anything I could do to make amends for your experience please feel free to contact me.

Martin Wormull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

It was my first time in the Conrad Miami. The ambiance is clean, executive style with a touch of spa tranquility. Despite the confusing elevator system, the view from the reception, bar and restaurant was absolutely great! The staff was gentle and very attentive. The room was ample, comfortable, well decorated with good selection of amenities. It features an adorable pillow "menu" and I was pleased to try some of them. The service was very, very efficient and I was glad with their promptness! The restaurant prices are not that bad for a hotel with such category. The location is a plus, downtown Miami, close to the Bayside and not far from South Beach. My one and only complaint about the Conrad, is about the absolutely outrageous rate charged for parking: $38.00+5.70+2.66=46.36 per day. The second and third amount are for parking tax and state sales tax! I would stay in the Conrad again in a blink of an eye, but without parking a car there for sure!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear hsbstone,

Thank you for your great review! I am happy to know that your stay was so pleasant and that you had the chance to sample from our Pillow Menu! We offer a broad selection of pillows to attend to our guests needs whether they have a physical discomfort and need a special pillow or just want to enjoy some added comfort and support.

In regards to the parking situation, unfortunately, parking in Miami is at a premium. We keep our prices competitive for the area but we understand it can be quite shocking to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Miami. If I can be of any assistance with your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one night and I wish I would have stayed for two. Good service. Great view from the bayside room. Good value. I recieved on upgrade upon check-in I was not expecting. Awesome restaurant on the 25th floor with an amazing view. Good breakfast buffet as well. Hopefully I can stay again soon.

• Stayed September 2012
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear argonath007,

Thank you for your awesome review! I am thrilled to know that you had such a wonderful stay for your one night. We look forward to your return visit as well. If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesistate to contact me.

Oakland, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I must admit, I didn't like this hotel at first. The ground floor was a bit confusing, as you had to take an elevator to the 25th floor to check-in (the directions weren't clear). The room itself is fine, but the lighting is quite strange/limited. Example - there is no lighting in the closet, and no overhead or mood lighting in the room. You have to manually switch on each table/bed light. Sort of strange as I basically walked into a dark room and had to search for each switch with limited visibility.

But the hotel smells very nice. The scent in the lobby was very relaxing, and the hotel bar with the outdoor patio on the 25th floor is quite unique and special. I'm a sucker for outdoor spaces. I would have given this place a 3 if not for the lobby bar/patio.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear MarkNelsen,

Thank you for your review. I am happy that we succeeded in growing on you!

One of my favorite parts of the hotel is the lobby and lounge area located on the 25th floor. Many guests find it an inconvenience to take the elevator up to this floor to checkin or to move about the hotel. But when you step off the elevator and see the panoramic views the 25th floor affords then I think its worth it in the end. And, as I read in your review, I see you discovered this as well.

I do hope that we receive a return visit on your travels. If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to ask.

San Jose Succotz, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days for a workshop; once you get over the lobby being on the 25 th floor and the fact that you have to be changing elevators here everytime you are coming in and out, well it should smooth sailing.
Clean rooms, great views from the room and food is acceptable although a tad expensive. My room had a big closet space for a hotel and a nice kitchenette. The mini-bar was well stocked but overpriced! The check in can get a bit longer than expected although the check out was pretty quick.
Nothing much to do around here but being close to the metro rover metro rail and trolley will allow you to move around pretty quickly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear mmanza74,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am happy to know that your hotel experience left you feeling well cared for. I take great pride in the Conrad team and I know they are committed to flawless customer service. When a guest feels he has been taken care of then I know we have succeeded.

As always, I look forward to your return visit, If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a very nice hotel but expected for a Conrad. The staff was great and the property was very well maintained. There's not too much to do within walking distance except for a small bar and restaurant area within walking distance. The hotel does has electric bikes you can rent that can pretty much take you anywhere, even South Beach if you want to risk it. The lobby on the 25th floor wasn't that inconvenient as I thought it would be. It actually worked well. The fitness room is ok. Only ok. I would have liked something with more windows overlooking the water. There are a few nice views from the upper floors. The restaurant and bar seemed nice but I only ate breakfast which was good but pricey. If your traveling on business I'd recommend the hotel. If you're there to see Miami I would stay closer to South Beach or on South Beach but that's a given. Great hotel which I would stay at again if I had a business trip to Miami.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear awaisman,

Thank you very much for your detailed and informed review. It was very fair of you to suggest that we are the hotel best suited for the business traveler and not the hotel if you are looking for the South Beach experience. But with our close proximity to South Beach, I would like to suggest that you can have the best of both worlds--the excitement of South Beach with a quiet night's sleep afterwards.

If your business travels bring you to Miami, we will look forward to your visit. If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed for 4 days and was not disappointed at all. Great location & excellent service. The only thing I found annoying was that the electrical outlets in the room as well as some of the conference rooms were not working. In this day of every device being mobile, that is just annoying....no other way to put it. I presume that this will be fixed soon!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear vinodgeorge,

Thank you very much for your review. I am dissappointed to know that you had problems with the electrical outlets in your rooms. Please know that I have taken the necessary steps to address the situtation and I fully appreciate when my guests inform me of these matters. Please know that we have an on-site engineering team who can handle these types of issues within minutes of your request.

I do look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit. If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to ask.

Martin Wormull

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!