“Meeting expectations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Miami On Sale From $149
Ranked #13 of 130 hotels in Miami
New York City, New York
“Meeting expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My return stay at Conrad Miami last week didn't disappoint. Great downtown location, impeccable service, modern facilities and modishly furnished room. My king-bed room was a bit small for a 5-star hotel but the bathroom was disproportionately big. It also had a partial view over Brickell Bay to the Port and Virginia Key. As a HHonor member I was offered a free glass of wine at the Wine Room every evening - a nice touch for any loyal customer. The Level 25 Bar was also a nice place for hangout.

A few negatives: the swimming pool (which was very nice) and fitness room were located in the garage building opposite the hotel so were somewhat inconvenient for guests to use; valet parking at $38+taxes per day was way too expensive; no free Wifi in room nor in the lobby (I got free Wifi throughout the hotel in all Hilton Garden Inns that I stayed!).

Room Tip: Get the highest floor possible and ask for the bay view room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear BandBtraveller,

Thank you very much for your review. As a returning guest, I am happy to see that we have consistently met your expectations. I am also thrilled that you experienced our complimentary wine & cheese selection offered to our loyal Hilton Honors members. We choose some of the finest wines and cheeses to serve our guests in the Wine Room from 4 - 7pm. It is an elegant way to end the day.

We look forward to your return visit with hopes that we will exceed your expectations! If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to ask.

889 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Tuusula, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Very nice “5- star” hotel, just a notch below afull first class luxury hotel (such as Conrad Tokyo). Though I’m really not expecting a hotel costing $200 per night to compete with $500 hotel as such … Review based on a four night stay in July (background of spending 80+ nights per year in different hotels around the globe).

Location:
Located in the business district with a surprising amount of restaurants & bars a couple of blocks away in S Miami Avenue, including very good burger place called Burger & Beer Joint. Also Morton’s steakhouse & Gordon Biersch brewery located basically next door. Not much shopping around here apart from Publix supermarket a couple hundred meters away. Financial District station of the free Metromover conveniently located just across the street.

Room:
Received an upgrade to a nice corner suite on 22nd floor, the room was certainly one of the best I’ve stayed in outside of those Asian full luxury hotels. The room was very roomy (also in the bathroom), with a quite modern décor having a lot of light from the big windows all around the room. One fruit & cheese plate and two bottles of waters (replenished every day) received complimentary.

Highlight of the room was probably the big telescope sitting in the living room.

Etc:
Breakfast was quite good but not really superb as such. Greatest part though was being able to eat breakfast on the balcony at 25th floor, overlooking the coast. That you don’t get at many places!

Having the lobby at 25th floor is IMHO a minor thing. Sure you have exchange elevators to get to/from your room but I did not really annoy me at all, unlike some other reviewers here.

Did not try restaurant or gym so no comments there.

Would I return there?
Yes certainly, one of the best hotels I’ve encountered anywhere in USA

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear dadsasdasd,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay and that you took the time to explore the surrounding neighborhood. Our hotel location offers a richness of activities that are so close by to enjoy. May I suggest, on your next visit, that you rent one of our electric bicycles. It's really a charming way to explore the downtown Miami area, as well as, South Beach.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your travels from Finland. If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

North Port, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

When first arrived baggages stayed with valet people and you check in the 25th floor. Our room was in the 17th floor, to go any where you have to pass thru the 25th floor. The pool is in a another building so you go to the garage walk to the next building elevator to the pool. Not a family oriented hotel nice view and a pain to get around.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bob5by,

Thank you for your recent review of the Conrad Miami. I am dissappointed to learn that your experience with our hotel was not to your satisfaction. While we are located in the business district, we want all of our guests to have a wonderful experience and this includes families. I am always open to suggestions to improve our hotel experience for everyone. If you would like to make any suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

On the beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My Fiance and I booked this hotel to celebrate our engagement. The room was perfect, modern and showcasing Miami's magnificent skyline. The service was perfect, the location was perfect - the metro mover station was just outside the hotel and took you straight into downtown Miami. We enjoyed the 5 days we spent together and look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear VenusOnthebeach,

Thank you for your perfect review and congratulations on your engagement! I am thrilled to hear that your stay was so pleasant and that you will be returning soon. If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

hayward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Hello,
My wife and I stayed here three nights for our honeymoon. As a Hilton diamond member they upgraded us to a deluxe corner one-bedroom suite with ocean views all around at no charge. We were taken by surprise when we received a free chocolate desert plate in our room when we arrived from our afternoon walk. I loved their bar breakfast because it was very simple and had extras like fresh strawberries. We also tried Atrio for breakfast which offers an intimate space and great service. I would recommend their French toast. Their fitness center is above Hilton standards. The one thing that would have made me rate this hotel a four star would have been their pool location which is located above their parking structure across the street but once we got to the pool it was amazing. Their pool is overlooking the ocean with great views of downtown as well. The pool offers private cabanas at no charge. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for anybody looking to be amazed and don’t mine the ten minute drive to Miami Beach.

Room Tip: deluxe corner one-bedroom suite with ocean views
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear leonardo c,

Thank you very much for your kind review and many congratulations on your Honeymoon!! I am delighted to hear that your visit was memorable and that you took the time to write a review after so much time has passed.

We look forward to your arrival on your next visit. If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesistate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Typical, expensive, Conrad chain hotel... Good location in downtown Miami... Attractive, modern design... Lobby on 25th floor, with great views and a small balcony where you can eat drink... But of course, being a Conrad, it's expensivve and I'm not convinced you really get huge value... I think its a good business hotel... If you are visiting Miami for fun, I'd take the $400 pn range and stay at a funky interesting hotel in Miami Beach where there is more action, more life and proximity to good shopping, more food spots and the beach... The pool is good for lapsp but not a great place to hang out... Tennis courts are good... The gym is very weak and lifeless... The Spa is okay... serves is good but its not Shangri La and they jacked up the inroom movie prices which I thought was lame - $20 for the Lorax!?!? My fault for watching that movie...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sean M,

Thank you very much for your review. I am dissappointed to learn that your stay was not satisfactory and our service did not meet your expectations. As I look over your review, my first thought was to consider if you had spoken with our Concierge desk. Our location, while not in South Beach, offers many wonderful restaurants and places to visit all within walking distance of our hotel. Our Concierge could have shared many opportunities for you to expand your experience of Miami and the hotel itself.

While it does not make me happy to hear that a guest was dissappointed, I do value and respect your opinion. I sincerely apologize and thank you for taking the time to let us know of your stay. If I could be of any further assistance, now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Conrad Miami for a weekend while we attended the Coldplay concert in town. As it is summertime here in Florida, I had many options for hotels but liked the proximity to AA Arena (1.5 miles). I had e-mailed with the property management prior to our arrival to see if they could upgrade my room and Ignacio took very good care of us, upgrading us to a 1-bedroom residence with a small balcony. First of all, the valet is very good, although they ought to be for $38/nt. The parking garages in the area are almost just as expensive so there's no sense in trying to save a few bucks. The residence was very nice with a full kitchen and even a washer/dryer. We didn't cook as all, but it was nice to have the full-size refrigerator for our snacks, beverages... The balcony was tiny, but very few rooms even have a balcony so I wasn't complaning. My advice is to request a room on a higher floor if you are getting a residence as ours had windows which overlook the lobby/bar area inside the hotel which I though was a little wierd privacy-wise. We were able to draw the shades in the room which alleviated this issue, but could see in from the balcony which was a little uncomfortable. Ignacio was very kind to send some chocolate covered strawberries as a gesture. No Conrad stuffed animal for those who collect and turndown service was good - ice and a Conrad mat bedside on each side. Golds/Diamonds get breakfast, although gratuity is automatically included and is charged to your folio (about $10 if I remember correctly). The breakfast buffet, while pretty, wasn't the best I had. I don't know whether it was because we drank to much at the concert or what, but the food tasted bland. We didn't use the pool because it was packed - they have two tennis courts which take up a ton of space, but have a very small pool area for the scope of the property. We attempted to use the house car, but it was booked solid as there was a corporate event and a wedding going on at the time. The location of this property is awesome, although a bit quiet on the weekends as it is more of a business district. We took the car out and drove the area making it over the beach briefly. ILLY espresso machines in the residences by the way for those coffee drinkers. I was unimpressed with the soaps/shampoo and thought they were kind of bland, despite the attractive packaging. Oh and the view from our residence was amazing - overlooking the bay so we could watch the boats - I would definately recommend getting a bay view room. Overall, we enjoyed this property a lot and would definately consider another stay when in the Brickell/downtown area of Miami.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear aviator4512,

Thank you for your interesting and descriptive review of our hotel. I am delighted to know that you chose our property over South Beach for your Coldplay concert stay. Thank you for your complimentary remarks regarding Ignacio, our Director of Guest Services. He works tirelessly with our guests to confirm they are receiving the best available upgrades and amenities that the Conrad offers. I am pleased that you were upgraded to one of our residence suites and that you enjoyed the wonderful bay view.

We look forward to hosting you upon your next concert engagement. If we could be of any assistance in the future, including reservations for our house car or an upgrade of your bath amenities, please feel free to contact myself or Ignacio.

Martin Wormull

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!