“City getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Miami From $209
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Huntsville, Alabama
“City getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This was a great staycation. Although the hotel is in the downtown area, it lets you feel like your staying in a luxury apartment. The pool is on a open deck where you don't feel like your in the city. Great stay

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I've literally traveled the world and must share that this hotel was the best hotel I have had the privilege to reside.

Service- Prompt, Polite, Polished, Courteous, Out of the way helpful....I felt like I was a king!
Food- Amazing! I went back to the hotel restaurant my last night because it was that good!
Room- Clean, Comfortable, and Convenient.....reminded me of home

Room Tip: Just ask :) They will bend over backwards to give you the best. A smile, thank you, and appreciati...
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We chose the Conrad because we believed that it was a top of the line Hilton property. Our experience with Hilton's has generally been great previously (we stayed in the Hilton in Sandton, South Africa and never had a better experience)

Unfortunately this wasn't the case with the Conrad. There was no concierge floor and virtually no benefits to being a Gold Hilton Honours member. When we checked in the front desk very reluctantly gave us two tickets for drinks in their restaurant/bar and let us know that we had been upgraded to a 'Bayview" room. We were on the 22nd floor and our upgrade was to a room right next to the elevator with a filthy carpet - but we could see water!

Our next surprise was when we came to the bar that first night to use our drink tickets. The drinks were free but the automatic 18% gratuity (I must admit that they do write on your bill that the 18% can be adjusted - just tell the server to raise or lower it) based on the very high cost of the drinks was added onto the bill.

We were staying at this property for 9 nights and we felt too awkward to tell the server to reduce the tip to a more reasonable level.

Silly us - with a built in tip the service was rude, and just about non-existent. One evening we sat for close to 30 minutes waiting for someone to take our drink orders in a basically empty bar. And when we did get the drink it was slapped down on the table.

As Hilton Gold we did get complimentary breakfast buffets and the food was quite good but the service was identical to the evening bar service.

After a couple of days of tolerating this I finally went to the front desk to voice my concerns. There were many apologies.

And the next day when we came back to the room after our afternoon jaunts there was a cheese plate waiting for us compliments of the manager with a note apologizing for our poor experience.

The cheese plate had the same effect as the room upgrade - a great effort but poorly thought out - the cheese was delicious and tasty - and it left an odor in the room that we never really did get rid of - fortunately neither my wife nor I are lactose intolerant.

The next morning breakfast was a different world - we were greeted by name, the waitress couldn't do enough for us, they found a Canadian supervisor and had him come over to chat us up - wonderful

Wonderful that is until a few days later when the morning crew basically changed and the service and attitude went back to what seems to be normal in this hotel - rude and flippant.

When anyone at the front desk recognized us we were asked how the stay was going and each time we related our experiences - good on some days and poor on others.

Having stayed for an extended period and having such a poor experience I expected to have something happen at the front desk upon checkout - a free night, extra points - something, anything to indicate that the organization cared about our experience in their building. I was not surprised to find my bill intact and in fact with a mistake on it - somehow or other they mistakenly charged us for breakfast one day - strange in that every other day we stayed there the only charge for breakfast was that 18% gratuity of $8.64 on a complimentary breakfast!

The Conrad looks beautiful, seems to be well designed and organized but that is all superficial - from the beautiful, thick, embroidered towels that simulate wax paper when you try to dry with them to the 25th floor bar balcony (filled with smokers)

We'll look for another place to stay when we come back to Miami.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Conrad-Miami-Hotel, Public Relations Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Conrad Miami. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is through these opportunities that we can learn and improve our operation.

We are disappointed to learn that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations or our standards with regards to the overall service. We are truly sorry with your experience with the room condition and the quality of service provided by our team members. Please be assured that we have reviewed your comments and taken the necessary steps to correct the deficiencies.

When your travels bring you back to Miami, we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again in order to regain your confidence. Until then, we remain at your disposal.

Natalia Cotarelo
Fax: 305.503.6540
natalia.cotarelo@conradhotels.com
Twin Cities, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed two nights for a business trip and got a pretty good rate to stay here in August 2011. The hotel is beautiful with extremely nice staff and customer service. The views of Biscayne Bay are great to see out of the window.

The rooms are really comfortable with nice ammenities. Do be prepared for higher prices for room service and the restaurant/bar. There are many restaurants surrounding the hotel, but with the same price tags so it must just be the thing down there. A 22% gratiuity is added to all food charges, so you know.

I'd stay at this hotel again due to the comfort and service...as long as the expense report isn't given too much grief.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I stayed at the Conrad Miami for 3 weeks on an extended business trip. The service was great, the staff was very friendly and after a few days they all recognized me and greeted me. The rooms are spacious, with great amenities (I love the Illy espresso maker), and great housekeeping. The valet and concierge staff were very friendly as well. Will stay there again in the future. The gym facilities are clean and the area is perfect for runners. I had a Spa appointment and the technician was great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed here in August for a night and I have never experienced more attentive staff. The hotel is gorgeous and you can tell that they pay close attention to detail. Even though I arrived at 8am to the hotel, I was given a complimentary early check-in in no time. When it was time to leave I felt really sad that I was leaving the hotel and I promised myself that I would be back and I will! If you're planning on staying here make sure you bring dollar bills because you will be tipping a lot and check out the bathrooms at the lobby. They.are.awesome.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Parking was a bit pricey but the staff is awsome.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!