“I didn't know Miami had a Financial District!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Summer Rates From $179
Ranked #10 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“I didn't know Miami had a Financial District!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

When I think Miami, I think 'South Beach' or "just" beach or Mojitos but not - 'Financial District' so color me pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Conrad. Beautiful property, great room (mine was TINY) but elegant and super clean (a must for a germaphobe like myself). We found a cool little shop and restaurant district within walking distance where we had a drink and watched people and their cars for a bit. Folks in Miami should really claim Texas as home - they like things BIG. BIG watches, BIG cars, BIG (as in "notice me") wheels. Actually we were both amazed and amused by the variety of wheels we saw while people watching... Anywho, we decided to have dinner at the Conrad and were thrilled with our meal. The host told us we should have 'called ahead' but trust me, we basically had the room to ourselves... Our server, Alana, was wonderful and the food could not have been better. Skip dessert and eat more veggies, the succotash was yummerroo!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

This hotel met and exceeded our expectations. I accompanied my husband on a professional event he was attending at the hotel. Rooms are sleek, great housekeeping, luxurious towels, impressive marble bath with tub and great shower. My only complaint is that there is really nowhere to put anything in the bathroom (many new hotels seem to have this issue).

The Conrad actually occupies about four floors in a larger ultra-modern office/condo building. Lobby is on the 25th floor, concierge is on the 1st floor (they are great, by the way, as is all of the staff), and you have to go down from the 25th floor to get to your room. Great air-conditioning, quiet very large room most with some views of stunning Biscayne Bay.
You will enjoy the cocktail lounge - outdoors on 25th floor with great views and lovely Atrio restaurant where we had breakfast. There are easy options for walking, dining, and transportation. I drove my car to nearby Coral Gables one day (about 15 minutes, for beautiful outdoor, upscale shopping) - Concierge provided map and brochure for Merrick village (sp?). Short ride into Miami Beach and South Beach area also. They have a quiet roof-top pool that is attractive (was not manned and no food or bar service while I was there) that was relaxing for an afternoon I spent there.
We drove to another four diamond Waldorf Astoria in Key West when we left the Conrad - the Casa Marina Resort. However, that room, even allowing for the fact that it is an older historical property - does not measure up to the housekeeping and sparkling, updated and beautiful decor of the Conrad.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Overall this is a beautiful hotel and truly is a good representation of what a Hilton Hotel should be.

The Good:

1) The Staff was friendly and courteous and were attentive to any needs. They also seem to be well prepared to accommodate VIP's or special guests upon arrival.

2) The Restaurant/Bar and the party room are located on the 25th floor with an awesome view of the Key Biscayne Bay (i think) with balcony seating outside.

3) The Hotel as well as the rooms have a new modern look and are clean by my standards (being former military, i have high standards). The Bathroom was AMAZING and the room had a freshness to it. One thing of note is the coffee/espresso maker was a little too advanced for me to use but they did leave a users manual so i guess i am not the first to have this issue.

4) The pool and fitness center were very nice for a bit of privacy but if you're going to be in Miami, you might as well go to the beach.

The Not so Good:

1) This is more odd than bad.... in order to get to your room, whatever floor it is on you first have to go to the 25th floor and then catch another set of elevators. I don't know why they did it this way (maybe for the view) but its kind of an inconvenience for those who are less patient.

2) The food is way overpriced for what you get, I've seen better at Denny's. you're better off going to the deli across the street for breakfast of going to nice place for dinner. I also didn't see a Concierge?!?!?

3) The last thing to say is that this Hotel is just far enough away from everything where you will either need a car or have to take a taxi but the costs of either are comparable to the prices of other hotels that are within a close distance to everything.

I recommend this Hotel for the business traveler just in for a few days or the vacationing couple that just need a place to sleep while they enjoy all that is Miami. But please if you're gonna treat yourself to a nice dinner, go somewhere of note.

-Vargas

Room Tip: ask for Bay view instead of Island view
atavistic8
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed at the Conrad Miami for business for 4 days. When I arrived at the hotel, the service at the bellman desk was outstanding. I had several boxes for work and they graciously took 2 carts of boxes and suitcases upstairs to the 25 floor where the check-in reservation desk is located. I had to wait a few hours for the rooms to be available so the front desk offered to keep my boxes stored in their office while I went to lunch. The front desk also offered me a free drink ticket to be used at the restaurant or pool bar. That was a nice gesture. They provided me with a map of the area and several restaurants for me to chose from while I waited for the room to be ready.

When it was raining outside, the bellman offered me an umbrella to take with me to my destination. I have never experienced that at a hotel. Nice gesture.

When I went to the pool for a break, the pool attendant/bartender was very very pleasant. There wasn't many people using the pool, which is beautiful. The pool is located on top the parking deck but the cabanas are free and there are plenty of chairs to lay out in. You don't normally fine free cabanas in miami. Again, this was a very nice gesture!!

The one thing I didn't like was the breakfast at the hotel. I ordered fresh eggs special. But, they gave me liquid eggs scrambled. I wasn't feeling that for the 14.00 breakfast cost.

Other than that, the rooms were modern and the bathroom had a seperate shower and tub with marble around the bathroom. They had direct tv with lots of channels.

The main point is that the service at this hotel is outstanding. Many hotels could use a lesson in service from the Conrad Miami.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The service at this hotel was excellent! It is the little things that can make or break a stay; the staff were eager to help and very friendly. The shower was wonderful, with thick bath sheets in the room. Any problems - a member of staff saw to the issue immediately. I would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water.
Sunshine Coast, Aus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

This was our fist visit to Miami. We arrived at the hotel late at night & were instantly impressed with the look, feel & customer service of the hotel. The hotel looked very modern, funky & sleek & our room proved to be very comfortable & met our needs well. There was free wifi in the reception area & we also made use of the really cool looking rooftop pool which was built above the hotels carpark. We walked the nearby streets & that part of the city looked very clean & neat & felt very safe!
It was also convenient for us as it was only a 5 min drive away to the cruise port of Miami.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Myself and three girl friends flew to miami for leisure. We are all in our mid twenties and were looking to have some fun. I was really impressed with this hotel from the get go. Downtown Miami was not only clean and safe, there were no bums hanging out near the premises which you normally see elsewhere. I'm from LA so it's typical. Although the location was 10 mins away from South Beach, downtown Miami wasnt bad at all. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I booked a one bedroom with twin beds. We were kind of surprise by how small the beds where, but we did get the hotel at a resonable price. We wanted to save our money for all the partying and drinks. The consierege was super helpful as well. We wanted to rent a car for our last day so we could drive to Key West. When I called enterprise and hertz, they weren't very helpful at all. So we decided to call the front desk, they said they would handle it for us. We ended up getting a jeep wrangler for a reasonable price and it was already waiting for us that morning. The rooftop pool and jacuzzi were amazing as well. I definately reccommend this hotel for anybody as well as people on a budget. It's about $20 for a cab ride to South Beach. Also, check out Blue Martini which is a few blocks from the hotel. They have a live band and the bartenders were super nice. We also managed to walk back to the hotel safely.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!