“Fabulous luxury hotel with modern amenities.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Miami

Save Saved
You added Conrad Miami to your Saves list
Conrad Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Miami On Sale From $149
Ranked #12 of 129 hotels in Miami
Tampa, Florida
“Fabulous luxury hotel with modern amenities.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here many occasions and it has been consistent each and every time. The hotel is very clean and modern, the lobby is located on the 25th floor and was cool to enter from there and go down to our room. The hotel has a very upscale feel and the restaurants are delicious and overpriced. We were welcomed warmly each time. it is a bit off path from miami beach but definitely worth it. It's optimal for business stays and pleasure stays as well. we were not disappointed.

• Stayed May 2010

923 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
denver, co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

This is one of many reviews I completed over the years. Never have I said a hotel is perfect. I simply have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The staff is wonderful, the rooms elegant, and the restaurant excellent. If you are looking for a pool you will have a walk as it is a bit inconvenient. Good job with this one Hilton!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I recently stayed at the Conrad Miami in downtown Miami to attend the Sony Ericsson Tennis Open in March 2011.

The hotel is quite lovely, but a little confusing at first. There is a lobby on the ground floor, but there's only a concierge desk. The check in and real "lobby" is on the 25th floor. When I got there, attendants escorted me up to the 25th floor and a really nice desk attendant checked me in. I'd say that overall, the service experience is excellent.

I was given, what I assume, was a run of the house room on the 21st floor. The room was large, spacious, and modern. The bathroom was as big as any bathroom I've ever seen with both a tub and a shower. The bed was so comfortable. There is also complimentary internet access, which is huge (at least for me).

Located in downtown Miami, there wasn't a lot to do in the immediate area and it sort of cleared out (I assume because I was never there at the time) at the end of the work day. There are a couple of restaurants, including a Capital Grille and Gordon Biersch in the area.

I usually like to work out when I'm on travel and the fitness room, located on the 24th floor, was adequate, with some stationary bikes, treadmills, and a couple of elliptical trainers. There were also some exercise balls and dumbbells.

One of the most non-sensical things about the Conrad is the need to go to the 25th floor lobby to transit between your room and the ground floor. You'll need to get to the 25th floor via the guest room elevator then walk around the corner to the lobby to catch another elevator to get to the ground level.

Overall, I think the Conrad Miami is a modern, chic hotel and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Curitiba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Conrad Hotel has excelent amenities, anyway I've been there two times last month, and in both oportunities the ckeck inn was two hours late. I arrived soon, and they promissed to send me an email as soon as the room would be ready, but they forgot it.
The freedge was broken, I complain about it, but nobody fix it, so it was broken for the five days I was lodge. Terrible.In the day I was leavind, I payed for late check you, it supose to be 4 o'clock, and at 4:05 the housekeaping was kno king desperately to leave the room.
The houseking was very unpolite, so I had to wait two hours for check inn and they couldn't wait ten minutes

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

If this hotel were a Doubletree, I'd be amazed at the quality. But this hotel isn't a Doubletree; it's a Conrad. When your name proclaims excellence, I expect you to follow through with the promise your name exudes.

Parking is available at this hotel via valet for $37 per night plus tax. They ask that you call from your room when you're ready to retrieve your car; if you call, they will have it waiting for you. If you forget to call, it's a 5-10 minute wait for your vehicle. For $37++, I expected more professionalism; my seat position, mirrors, radio, and air condition settings were consistently changed when retrieving my vehicle.

After parking your vehicle, proceed to the 25th floor for registration. The check-in staff is knowledgeable and professional; they truly made me feel welcomed. After the check in process, we were shown around the lobby area and walked to the elevator. Also on this floor, you will find the small business center, hotel bar, and restaurant. Exterior seating is available with great views overlooking the Port of Miami. The room key packet talks about a happy hour, but the bartender says happy hour specials ended months ago and the key packets have not been updated. From the 25th floor, you take a different bank of elevators to reach your room (down for hotel rooms, up for residences).

The rooms are nicely decorated. We stayed in a two bedded room with great views of the water. The bathroom has a large shower and a separate bathtub. Our shower kept overflowing and flooding the bathroom. While we did not complain about the shower flooding (and I would never hold it against the hotel if I don't complain), shouldn't the housekeeping staff noticed the problem while cleaning the shower daily? The room contains a minibar and other amenities including robes, slippers, an umbrella for use during your stay, and an assortment of beverage glasses for when you utilize the minibar.

I found the housekeeping extremely inconsistent. Again, if this were a Doubletree, I'd be happy to receive new towels. But since this is a Conrad, I expect more. On our first night, turn down service was provided, and it was just that, a turn down for our beds; dirty towels were removed but were not replaced with fresh ones. On the second night, we were provided with water, drinking glasses, and a full bucket of ice. I think the service is supposed to go like it did the second night as that's how it was provided at a recent stay at a different Conrad.

We were provided with the breakfast buffet at the restaurant free of charge for being a HHonors Diamond member. We enjoyed the breakfast; I suggest checking it out. The fresh Florida orange juice is just great!

Upon checking out, our folio was incorrect. We were charged for both nights while using a free night certificate. While the front desk manager went to her office to figure it out, the girl working the front desk who also checked us in grabbed us some waters, ensured we had called down to the valet to retrieve our vehicle, and continued her helpfulness she demonstrated from the moment we arrived on the property. The front desk manager returned, started to explain why we were charged incorrectly, and then stopped mid-sentence with "Do you even care why it's wrong?" Confused by her sudden change of decorum (limited service hotel style...Hampton Inn/Fairfield Inn), I replied "No" and asked to ensure it's taken care of. As we walked to the elevator, the front desk manager yelled "Oh, and how was your stay?". We got on the elevator and left.

This is a great property. It would have been a great stay if it were branded differently. But when you call yourself a Conrad, I expect top-notch service. This property fell shy of my expectations. For a true Conrad experience, I suggest checking out the Conrad Chicago.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
ConradMiami, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us. It is through our guest’s valuable feedback that we are able to evaluate and improve upon the high standards of customer service expected of us. Needless to say, I am disappointed to learn of the various opportunities that you experienced with the Valet Parking, Housekeeping and Front Desk. I do apologize. Clearly, we did not meet your expectations. I am truly sorry and am committed to making improvements.

When your travels bring you back to Miami, we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again in order to regain your confidence.

Until then, we remain at your disposal.

Martin Wormull
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I was very pleased with my stay at the Conrad Miami. Nice and clean rooms, the reason why we stayed here was mainly for its double suite room, with kitchen and two bathrooms.
The staff was amazingly helpful, even arranging an early check-in at 6:00 AM.
The location is excellent, right in the heart of Downtown Miami, at Brickell.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
south bend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

My husband & I went to Miami for the first time-when we checked in, the friendly clerk offered a free upgrade. My! What an upgrade! It was a one bedroom "residence" which means a full kitchen, sitting area, patio overlooking the bay, very large bathroom, etc. We didn't want to leave! I enjoyed a spa treatment with Alejandra -she was very attentive and made sure I was completely satisfied. We loved the location of the hotel due to the free metromover right across the street and the Brickell Village shops & restaurants just a few blocks away. Other than a trip to South Beach, we never saw our car again. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Conrad Miami? Share your experiences!