“Beautiful... must see” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wynwood

Miami, FL 33127 (Wynwood - Edgewater)
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
and up
Miami Food and Art Walking Tour of Wynwood...
Ranked #13 of 204 things to do in Miami
Las Cumbres, Panama, Panama
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Beautiful... must see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My cousin [who lives in Miami] took me here for an afternoon of driving around and looking art. I thought I would not like it, but I enjoyed this so much. We spent a good 3 hours driving and walking around and we did not get to see everything. Then we had a couple of beers in one of the bars. It was one of the best days of my trip. Fully recommended.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Patricia L

Citrus Heights
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Unexpectedly Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We just happened upon this and it was by far our favorite experience in all of Florida. We were floored by the art and this tops all other experiences in Miami and any gallery that we have ever visited.

3 Thank DoriumLux
Rancho Santa Fe, California
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Art Scene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Lots of galleries and restaurants. Low key up coming new neighborhood. Casual dining and great to go on weekends.

2 Thank AlbertoMay
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“art center in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

new art scene in Miami with Saturday night art walks and lots of new restaurants still growing and expanding towards downtown Miami

2 Thank Joseph S
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Definitely a place to visit in Miami...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I loved walking around the Wynwood area - the street art is amazing and there is so much to see. I was visiting on my own without a car and was initially nervous about making a trip into the area after reading comments about how dangerous the area is etc. I had no luck organizing a visit with a tour group (wrong week for the monthly walk, and both tour organizations I tried to contact either didn't answer call or return email) so decided to go on my own. It was easy: I was staying in Coconut Grove so took the free Miami Trolley from Mercy Hospital to SE 14th St, transferred to the free Biscayne Route Trolley and traveled north to NE 29th St and NE 2nd Ave. From here it is an easy walk to NW 2nd Ave, turn right and Wynwood Walls is a few blocks at NW 25th St. The Walls are a great place to start - an enclosed area with lots of murals on the surrounding walls. Then wander around the surrounding streets and be amazed. You can access a map which includes the location of much (but not all) of the murals at http://www.wynwoodmap.com/. It will help you decide where to go, but even without it you won't have any trouble seeing the art. But with the map you can be sure not to miss seeing something by your favourite street artist (if it is still there!). Before you go, if you aren't familiar with street art, learn a bit about the artists (lots on the web; a great street artist/tour guide in London recommended the blog http://streetartlondon.co.uk/tours/) - it will make it more fun. When you need a break, there are a number of good places to eat or get coffee etc in the area. It is an edgy area, bordering on areas of Miami that I didn't feel so comfortable walking in on my own. But walking into the area from 29th seemed fine. Industrial/warehouse type area but lots of car traffic. I probably wouldn't go at night on my own, though.
Definitely worth a visit!

4 Thank Samatebe