“Old and Stale” 1 of 5 stars

500 S.W. 177th Avenue, Miami, FL 33194
Improve this listing
Ranked #124 of 204 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Native American casino offers 67,000 square feet of gaming space including 635 slots, table games and bingo.
Miami, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Old and Stale”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The casino is out in the middle of no where, so it is not worth the ride. The place looks like it hasn't been updated in 30yrs. There was a smell in the place I couldn't identify, but it wsn't pleasant. With all of the other casinos around this one isn't worht the trip

Visited July 2013
1 Thank enrico021

Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place stinks, literally and figuratively”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Bring a gas mask if you decide to ignore all the bad reviews. This place is the biggest rip-off. On the plus side, if you are a smoker, just leave your cigarettes at home and stop by to enjoy a free smoke on the house. The smoke is the only thing you won't get charged for in here.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank relaxing1651
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't do it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place is awful! I've only been there once, but it was such a horrible experience. The ambiance is gross, and the people that frequent the place are pretty gross as well. The ceilings are really low and the smell of cigarette smoke is nauseating. Do yourself a favor and head north to the Hard rock. well worth the drive.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank poliyoli
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A weird experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We ended up staying that the casino because we drove into the Everglades at night and had no idea where else to go. On our drive into the blackness of the Everglades I was beginning to picture horror movie scenarios and the run down store in the middle of nowhere that we stopped at for directions did not help the situation. We had already driven past the casino but it was faster to go back than to continue on to Everglade city.
Back at the hotel and casino we were greeted with suspicious looks by the front desk staff - admittedly we did not look our best after a day of snorkeling and the drive from Key West but we weren't exactly carrying bindles over our shoulders either.
He told us the price of our potential room - $140 - like he was citing the price of the queens jewels and seemed far too shocked when I accepted. Technically that was far more than I wanted to spend there but we really had no choice unless we wanted to end up skin suits to some everglade dwelling family of alligator wrestlers.
On entering our room it was clean and spacious if not a little dated. And the closer you looked he more you noticed small elements of disrepair. Things I wouldn't even normally notice but became all the more apparent due to Front Desk Guy's attitude of booking us a room at Plaza.
Anyhoo, the bed was epic and the shower was delightful.
Have I mentioned that the hotel was freezing? it was like staying in a meat locker. The room was not quite as bad but the main areas - casino and restaurant were almost unbearable and it wasn't even that hot outside that night. I did not bring enough warm clothes on this trip to be comfortable and I'm from Canada dammit!
The restaurant we went to, The Hammock Cafe, was hilarious. It's essentially a raised platform surrounded by a sea of slot machines. It also pretends to be fancy, with the piano player and dress uniforms of the servers but just seems too ridiculous. Amused, we went for the "world famous $9.99 surf and turf" in which you get exactly what you pay for. We left before dessert came.
We did get an excellent hot dog from a little food stand though.
After our meal we wandered the casino for awhile, sucking in he second hand smoke and wondering why it provided nothing but slot machines, a bingo room and poker room. Not exactly James Bond material. I don't think 007 ever sat down and machine of Lucky Sevens.
Finally, after a night of pomp and circumstance we retired to our suite. The bed was the best part and really isn't that the most important part?
In the morning we gave the breakfast buffet a try. It had a substantial and diverse spread of breakfast food, including the essential breakfast marshmallows, but almost everything was cold. But the fruit was nice as it's supposed to be served that way.
All in all it was definitely the most amusing place we stayed and I can't even say that I was disappointed as I had no expectations to start with.
I think next time though I would take my chances with the murderous 'Glades folk and risk the drive to Everglades City.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Queentwig
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good Buffet but Casino stank of smoke”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have been to quite a few casinos in the US and this was poor in comparison, The buffet was good though. The casino had good slots but the whole place stank of cigarette smoke whci we found freadfull, our clothes absolutely reeked of it.

Visited April 2013