“Negative experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 120 Attractions in Miami
Type: Casinos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Native American casino offers 67,000 square feet of gaming space including 635 slots, table games and bingo.
Salo, Italy
“Negative experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I begin by saying that I have been in the international hotel industry for almost 3 decades. I consider myself to be objective and often overlook insignificant problems. In this case I cannot.

Check-in: We arrived at this resort after having spent two nights in a motel of lesser category. My conclusion: we were much better treated and were offered better service in the lesser category. I'll explain. Upon arrival we were greeted rudely and as if we were more of bother than an asset. The front desk personnel are scandalously rude. They don't look at you when speaking and don't afford you a greeting upon arrival. When asking for information, they answer as if you are bothering them. The valet service mentioned is virtually non-existent. We loaded our luggage onto trolleys and brought them ourselves to our rooms both on arrival and departure. Please note that I asked for this service upon departure. The answer at the front desk was, "you can have a trolley in the corner". This, instead of saying, "we'll send someone up immediately". Disappointing.

Accomodation: The room was clean and orderly but lacks in services such as a minibar. Something found in most lesser category hotels and motels. The wireless internet service is available ONLY upon request and only after you pay just under 10 dollars for 24 hours. This, however, is for only 1 device. This means that if you have more than 1 pc you'll have to pay 10 dollars for EACH device. Talk about nickel-and-diming guests!! When I did request this service over the phone to the front desk the answer was complete but rude and uncaring as if I had once again infringed on thier personal space.

Food services: We chose to dine at the buffet restaurant, looking for something easy and varied. What a mistake! The food was bland at best. Without wanting to exagerate, I have eaten better in fast food establishments, though I do not often frequent fast food establishments. I sensed, once again, uncaring attitudes and rudeness in the personnel in this restaurant.

Two other negative notes: 1. the stench of cigarette smoke permeates the entire lobby as smoking is permitted. There are non-smoking areas but the common areas of the hotel are the ones for smoking and not vice-versa. Result: our clothes stunk of smoke just from passing through the hall to get to the restaurant. 2. Security personnel often stared down customers making us feel uncomfortable and unwanted. This happened above all at our arrival. There was a security woman who stared me down when I walked in to join my party. I stared back at her inviting a response but she didn't say anything.

My conclusion: stay away from this unorganized, rude, bad smelling and bad tasting resort and enjoy your stay in the area in a lesser category hotel or motel. You won't regret it!

Visited January 2013

Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Well - We had a GREAT Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I read some of the other reviews and could see that not everyone had a good expereience here - but we did, so I wanted to share it as a different point of view.

We weren't looking to stop at a casino that night as we traveled east on HWY 41. Even though was dark as we drove (slowly) down the road, the moon was full and the sky was clear so we could barely see the revolving spotlight. As we neared it, we saw the building, the spotlight and the name. We decided on a whim to stop. Not only did we find plenty to do, we cancelled hotel reservations elsewhere and spent the night there. Everyone we met was friendly and helpful; the rooms were clean and well turned out; they have an indoor pool, hot tub and suana; a large workout room; and we even saw a daycare area (that looked as good as any daycare we've ever used) in case you have children with you. We were headed for Key West so we couldn't stay but we made a reservation for when we were headed back the other way.

As for the casino games - we found plenty to do. There were games we had never played before and games we've found at other casinos. Wanted to play bingo but didn't get the chance.

This will definitely be on our list of places to stay and fun things to do.

Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington
26 attraction reviews
“This place sucks!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is not a casino worth visiting. They do not offer any of the standard table games like Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Pai-Gow, Baccarat, etc. They do have a poker room which is definitely a bonus. Skip this place. It is not worth your time!!

Visited December 2012
“Been going for Bingo for years. Smoke is unbearable. Decided to stop going. Will miss bingo. For slots go to new miami casinos. ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Been going for bingo for more than 20 years. Will not play slots there. Have decided to stop going because of the smoke. Could be alot cleaner. Seems they dont care about employee or customers health. Will miss Bingo.

Tallahassee, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have been to quite a few casinos in Alabama and Mississippi. This place is horrible. We are residents of North Florida and felt like foreigners in our own state. No one spoke English there. Even the overhead announcements were in Spanish. People were very, very rude there. Bumping into you, pushing you and that includes the staff. Several times we were shoved by staff who were walking around. Just very, very rude. We were looking to play Bingo and made the mistake to asking what we needed to do, as there were several steps to the process of playing. In very broken English we were given half instructions and a severe attitude.

We signed up for the players club card and received $35 in free play and 2 for 1 for the buffet. We went upstairs to the buffet. Luckily I asked my boyfriend if we could look at it first. It looked horrible! Most items were not even identifiable!

We did have the steak and lobster special at the restaurant in the middle of the casino. Of course we had to wait almost 2 hours, since the Hispanic lady taking reservations has a hard time understanding you if you speak English and called the wrong name several times. When I went up there to ask how much longer, she said I call you too many times, now you wait. I insisted she did not call my name. She said, “Yes, I called Gina lot of times.” Well my name is Shannon. How you get Gina from Shannon is beyond me, but she rudely said she would work to get us a table, which was another 30 minute wait. If you can brave all of the cigarette smoke, the steak and lobster dinner was the only thing worth something in that place.

And yes, like others have said on here, the machines have a mind of their own. They will automatically play incorrect amounts and when you hit cash out, the machine will say it cashed out waaaaay more than it actually did to get people to play it.

After this experience, we decided to not go to any other casino in that area.

Visited June 2012