Just returned for 4 nights at the Four Seasons Miami property.
First of all, let me emphasize this facility is extremely relaxing, the scale of the place is palatial, the service splendid, and after being in Miami Beach all day, is an absolute delight. It may be drenchingly hot and humid outside, but inside is pure bliss.
I was attending a convention in Miami Beach, and despite the festive ambience of South Beach during the day, I really looked forward to return to the quietness of the hotel at night. My husband came along as well. It's our first time in Miami, and I am happy to report that we really enjoyed the city due in no small part to our stay at this hotel. Our "commute" daily to South Beach forces us to exit from one neighbourhood and enter others. The view of Miami while crossing all the various bridges is spectacular, and I looked forward to ithe drive back and forth everyday.
The hotel is located in the tallest building in Miami. Rooms are not gimmicky/flashy and are very pleasant/comfortable. The Deco style furniture in the rooms and the overall color palette is a gentle nod to its location in Miami. Every detail has been thought about and well executed. View to Key Biscayne from the room is delightful. Room service is very good.
The fitness center of the hotel is the Sports Club/LA in the same tower. It is huge, luxurious, and wonderful. The outdoor pool is magnificent. The Miami skies reflect beautifully in the water, and the poolside service is great.
Now to be picky (absolutely does not change my positive opinion of the place):
1) The 21st floor is an "optional" smoking floor. We are non-smokers, and were not told about the floor being designated as such. When we were brought into our room on the 21st floor, there is a heavy smell of smoke veiled by heavy room fragrance. Dresser drawers were lined with paper to absorb the smell, and when I found ashtrays in the desk drawer, we realized we were in a smoking room and we called the front desk. We were changed to a non-smoking floor (none were available that day) the next day without any drama.
2) There is a small table next to the sofa in our room; the glass on top of it kept sliding. A few of those plastic stubby things between the glass and table surface would stop the sliding.
3) The second room we moved to (the non-smoking one) is smaller than the first, even though it is on the same side of the building. The famous window ledge seats that are in most rooms are not at these windows.
4) The Q-tips supplied by the hotel is incredibly poor quality. The cotton is not absorbent at all. It's like placing a small blunt stick into your ear.
5) The restaurant/bar/lounge has all been "downsized". The bar, Bahia, no longer opens at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrating its 10th Anniversary this year, the Four Seasons Hotel Miami is located in downtown Miami. 221 Guest rooms and suites feature Miami flair and European-style luxury within an architecturally striking tower of glass and granite that reflects the dazzling Biscayne Bay. The crown jewel of last year's multi-million dollar renovation, Edge, Steak & Bar offers an innovative, approachable menu of high-quality, interesting cuts of meat, indigenous seafood and locally-sourced fruits and vegetables. A two-acre rooftop terrace features lush landscaping, a swimming pool, separate kids’ area, and a wading pool shaded by towering majestic palms. The urban resort also features a 50,000-square-foot fitness center, spa and 15,000 square feet of function space dedicated to meetings, events and special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Miami
- Four Seasons Miami
- Miami Four Seasons