“Great place at the right RATE” 5 of 5 stars

Third Night Free!
Ranked #7 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indianapolis
“Great place at the right RATE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

My Wife and I recently took our 12 year old, and 3 year old down to Keywest FL for a family vacation. We spent our first two nights at the four seasons hotel in Miami. By far, this is the best hotel in the area. There is no way I would take my family down to south beach. We ate, rented bicycles and shopped downtown, yes. Sleeping? Oh God no. Way too much noise, dirt, freaks, and congestion for my taste. With that said, would I ever pay full price for a room at the four seasons? Of course NOT! My broker has a travel service which got us our room at a 50% discount. I consider this to be a fair price.

We had a one bedroom suite with a living room. The living room had a pull out bed for our 12 year old. The 3 year old sleep with us. VERY quiet and clean. loved it. The Bathroom is amazing. Fully separate tub, shower, and toilet. Get the Ocean view. It's worth the extra hundred bucks. Service was excellent. Food was AWESOME! Pool is top notch. Very much a 5 Star establishment. Looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons, Miami for one night for a weekend getaway. It is by far one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The staff was courteous, the room luxurious, the view breathtaking, the amenities world class, and the decor impressive. I can't say enough about this destination, and they will definitely see us again. Kudos!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

We flew in from the UK and the second we got out of the cab it was like the stresses and fatigue of workday life and travel were gently peeled from you...seamless baggage handling,check in, room........stunning - looking over the bay from the windowseat you just couldn't be anything other than chilled.

...and then, for anything from morning coffee to pool to concierge service to housekeeping requests and on and on, you were just wrapped in discreet, focussed attention to, at worse meet your needs and usually to anticipate them. How they give you that "at home" feeling in such a stunning property with so much good art is a skill that they need to cherish because it makes for devoted customers.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Located in the heart of Miami this the 4 season is a premier hotel that host and cater to everyone of ours needs. The hotel restaurant was outstanding, while the rooms were top notch, elegant, refined and well maintained. Even the Queen of England would be satisfied with this gem

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
J-Rod-M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The Four Seasons MIami is truly a comfortable hotel. It has an excellent location in downtown Miami on Brickell Avenue and among the City's top amenities. A large pool, a top-notch spa, and a good restaurant all make the stay pleasant and enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

This was our second time at this hotel. It's lovely - the staff are very friendly, the lobby is superb, the rooms are amazing, and the pool is sooooo relaxing. If you want to go somewhere to recharge, then this is the perfect spot. We intend to return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

Recently I had some work done on my condo that required me to check in to a local hotel. The Four Seasons was running a promotion that had a reasonable rate for two nights and added a complimentary third night. I have stayed at several other nice hotels, including two other Four Seasons, several Ritz properties, a couple of St. Regis properties, and a Peninsula property. This property has become my third favorite hotel in the U.S., and definitely my favorite in Miami. (FYI -- Four Seasons St. Louis ranks first, and the St. Regis San Fran ranks second). The highlights -- service is excellent, rooms are spacious with incredible views of the water (I stayed in a "moderate" room), the food is delicious, and the amenities are top notch. Lowlights -- the Four Seasons professes not to "nickel and dime" its customers but unfortunately I saw some of that at this location -- e.g., you have to pay for wireless (approximately $12 to $15 per night), significant food delivery charges, overpriced minibar (St. Louis charges much less for same items), outrageous parking fees ($34 per night), and pencils instead of pens in the room. I understand that this is a top notch hotel and so you get what you pay for, but some of this (particularly the exorbitant parking fee) is simply unnecessary. With that said, the positive experiences far outweighed the negative ones at this property and I can say without hesitation that this is my favorite hotel in Miami.

Here is a more detailed description of my stay:

ROOM -- spacious for the price (again, I booked a "moderate" room), but not as big as the St. Louis FS property rooms. They just installed beautiful big screen LCD televisions in the rooms, but they don't have any high definition channels yet so the TVs kind of go to waste. Fortunately I brought my PS3 and was able to watch BluRay movies in 1080p quality. I'm told that high def channels will be added in early October. While they're at it they should add an electronic TV guide. The windows in the room are nice and big (though not floor to ceiling) and there's a ledge you can sit on to read, use your laptop, or chill while looking out the window, which is a really nice touch. The problem is that there are three layers of drapes you have to wade through to get to the window and the first layer covers up a significant portion of the window so the room doesn't maximize this feature. The bathroom is very spacious with a stand up shower, really nice tub that has arm rests, large mirror (no TV in them though like the St. Louis property), separate toilet room, and heated marble floor panels. There's a large working desk (which I used a great deal) and you can view the TV while using the desk or position the chair to just as easily look through the window. There is wired and wireless internet available at a charge of approximately $12 to $15 per day (this was a no-no, it needs to be incorporated into the room rate or something). There's also a very comfortable lounge chair with foot stool. The AC in my room blew out very cold air all the time, but this was promptly fixed when I brought it to management's attention. The bed is your typically incredible Four Seasons bed with linens that are made of an angel's wings, pillows that are filled with feathers of the finest geese in the world, and a mattress stuffed with clouds. One day I'm gonna buy one for my house.
SERVICE -- the service is great. Employees go out of their way to be friendly and anticipate your needs. For example, the bar by the pool makes a great raspberry lemonade drink. This wasn't on the room service menu but room service went out of their way to make a whole pitcher for me so I had it in my room throughout my stay. Special appreciation goes out to Mario (the front office manager) who went out of his way before I arrived to make sure I would enjoy my stay and followed up with me afterwards. Also Mario in room service (not the same guy) was very courteous, friendly, conversational, and was always smiling. These two employees epitomize what the FS stands for --treat others like you would like to be treated.
FOOD -- one word: delicious! Try the baked sea bass and the chive mashed potatoes. I had this meal every single evening while I was there it was so good. For lunch, the wagyu burger and bolognese were excellent. Only down side is that it's expensive. A two course meal without alcohol costs approximately $90 when you include tip and the service/delivery charges. I did not try Acqua (the on site restaurant) during this stay but I have in the past and can assure you it is not as good as the in room dining.
POOL -- the pool is really nice and the attendants there make sure your every whim is catered to with a smile. Nancy and Zola were terrific. Always there to refill my drinks or give me free samples of fruit and smoothies. If you don't fancy the raspberry lemonade (which is not on the menu) then ask for the Banana Bahia (like a banana shake with cinnamon and vanilla).
SPA -- The spa is way overpriced but the treatments are pretty good. The spa at the St. Louis property is far better at half the price.
GYM -- the gym is a Sports Club LA. I am a member since I live in Miami, so I was familiar with it. It is well equipped and the personal trainers are popular (if you're thinking of purchasing a session ask for Alan, who has been there the longest and is the most popular). Some of the treadmills are old, but they all have their own personal television screens (even if the reception is unpredictable). Busy time is between 7 and 8:30 a.m., and between 6 and 8 p.m. You do NOT want to visit the gym during those hours of the week.
PARKING -- this is where this property receives its lowest marks. The attendants and bellhops are wonderful, but the pricing is outrageous. $34 per night is simply too high even for Miami's standards, and especially for Brickell's standards. I paid $100 to park my car for three nights. This was a joke. They need to change this -- lower the rate to $15 or $20 per night max or at least give guests a decent option to self-park (the current option is $30 per night so you may as well use valet).
MISCELLANEOUS -- if you're a tennis fan/player, this is the hotel for you. They have a great relationship with the Brickell Tennis Club, which is the premier tennis facility in downtown Miami. The pros there are excellent and the clinics are a lot of fun.

In sum, I had a really great stay at this property. I'm going to return for a "staycation" at some point in the near future, without a doubt. It was a great way to unwind while being pampered for the weekend.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!