“Fantastic Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Washington DC
“Fantastic Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

I'd really like to take the time to write a detailed review, but too swamped to do that these days! This hotel was such a treat. From the first day we arrived employees from the top down referred to us by name and always had smiles on their faces. I absolutely ADORED the room with a window seat running along the window overlooking the bay. The weather was pretty nasty, but I was content sitting in that window seat watching the boats and gorgeous water outside. Housekeeping and maintenance were beyond wonderful. Service in Acqua was the one flaw. More than one meal was incorrect, and there was great difficulty in communicating with the wait staff due to language barriers. They would also leave the table unserviced for lengthy periods of time. If it was only a single meal, I wouldn't give it a thought - but it happened every time we ate there. Service at the outdoor Bahia was fantastic, as was the pool the one day we tried to fight the weather.

The location was a good base away from the crazy scene on South Beach, but it was very easy to access any nightlife spots when we wanted to venture out.

The SportsClub/LA gym was phenomenal, though the massage I had there was lacking. The masseur acted like a giggly school boy the entire time, very nervous. I started to wonder if some random guy had broken in and stolen a spa jacket and was just rubbing my naked body for the heck of it. I don't fault the hotel at all - this is completely run through the gym.

Overall - this was a fantastic hotel: beautiful, inviting and relaxing. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

We have just returned from Miami, staying at the four seasons Hotel which we really enjoyed. We couldnt understand most of the bad reviews as we thought it was a beautiful hotel, lovely gardens, imaginative swimming areas, with clean rooms with balcony and views.

The staff were friendly and helpful, although a little cold and not very flexible .We ate in the hotel twice. The food was first class and we had no complaints about the breakfast with a vast array of dishes. Hotel also had great fitness facilities. Loved Miami, though it was quite touristy.. Would definitely go again but may be not in February as it was very humid with unstable weather.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

This is a very nice hotel, great service. I love all the Fernando Botero statues they put there, and the hotel definitely smells very nice everywhere. The staff is very courteous and attentive to customers. We got upgraded automatically, and also got continental breakfast in the room once we arrived. We ordered room service and the food was great. The Aqua was not as good as expected though. The pool was really nice although it was a little chilly the couple days we were there, so didn't get spend time there. They're also affiliated with LA Sports Club, so you can work out there. The gym is definitely very nice.

It's located in the Financial district, 30 minutes from the South Beach. For me, it generally is not a problem, because I stayed at South Beach last time I was in Miami and didn't like it that much. The only problem with the location is that there's no convenience stores/starbucks nearby (I mean like within 5 minutes for walking).

Overall I found the stay to be excellent. You can hardly go wrong with a Four Seasons hotel.

• Liked — Service, cleanliness of everything, hotel amenities
  • Disliked — you have to pay for wi-fi
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
jersey city, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

This was my first experience staying at a Four Seasons, so I was very excited to experience, firsthand, the "Legendary Luxury" that I have heard about.

I will start by saying that we selected this location because we were offered a very lucrative rate due to some connections. That said, we had a very spacious one-bedroom suite that had one and a half bathrooms. While very spacious, I was not necessarily impressed with the "luxury" offered in the room. We did have two televisions, but neither of them were plasma. For a Four Seasons, I would have assumed that a plasma TV would be de rigeur. Other than that, I found the rooms to be spotless, comforatble, tasteful, and spacious, but not necessarily "luxurious".

Second, the building has a layout that is common in many large cities like NYC (where I am from), in that the lobby is on the seventh floor. Not an issue, necessarily, unless you need to/want to access a car. You need to take two, or in some cases three, different elevators to access your vehicle. If you do it frequently, it can be a bit tedious. So, if you don't expect to go far, or leave much, it's a non-issue.

Third, I thought that the pool area was suberb, and the Sports Club LA and adjoining spa services, were convenient, and top notch. The service at the pool was impeccable, as well - unobtrusive yet attentive - not at all obsequious as is often the case at a Ritz Carlton, where everything is their pleasure.

I would caution people, however on a couple of minor but noteworthy things. First, this location is in downtown Miami where there is still, for some reason, a building boom. You can actually hear the construction from the pool during the work week. Second, as has already been noted by other reviewers, the location is not convenient to any beach. One could be quite content staying at the pool area, like we were. However, I think after a three or four night stay, that might become trite. That is why I categorize this as a great getaway. I liken this establishment to being in a luxurious cocoon that just happens to be in Miami. Lots of NY'ers would probably feel comfortable in this hotel because everything is within the building, the service is impeccable, and it caters to inidividuals with sophisticated palettes. If you are adventuresome, however, and like to be in the thick of things, and like to walk outside and feel engergized, this would not make you happy. You have to drive or take a taxi to an energized area.

Stayed January 2009
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

I've been to the Four Seasons Miami about a dozen times on both business and pleasure for the last 4 years. Most people looking to visit Miami/Miami Beach should be aware that it is a party town and as a result most hotels are concerned with filling rooms, not pleasing customers. That being said, the Four Seasons Miami truly stands out with its world-class staff and commitment to excellence.

Every time I've stayed here the service has been perfect, after the second visit the concierge and front desk remembered my name and greeted me with a smile at all times.

The restaurant at the four seasons, while a bit pricey, has one of the most impressive sunday brunches in all of Miami. Everything from Stone Crab Claws, to Sushi, to Smoked Salmon, to Carved Meats await your all-you-can eat gourmet food desires.

One of the most relaxing parts of the four seasons is the pool, or pools for that matter. The pools are located on top of the parking garage (7 stories above ground) and overlook the Miami Bay. The pools are always well staffed and cabana service is available. Beware - you will pay four seasons prices for cocktails, so be ready for a large bill if you plan on having multiple drinks though-out the day.

Recent construction along Brickell Ave has caused some of the rooms to be noisy, while I've experienced this twice, both times the receptionist moved me to a new room on a different corner with no questions asked.

As with all four seasons be sure to check if they have corporate discounts for your company prior to making a reservation!

• Liked — Good value, friendly staff, great pool
  • Disliked — Many non-smoking rooms smell of smoke
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2008

We stayed here out of pure convience for one night before we left on a two week long Royal Caribbean Cruise.
That said, the room had a gorgeous view of Biscayne Bay and it was so close to where the cruise departed from.
The service was amazing as usual for FS.
The two pools were gorgeous and I loved both of them! One was huge and the other was very relaxing!
We were not able to try the restaurant for dinner, but it was excellant for breakfast!
For our purpose (pre-Cruise) this was an excellant location.
However, going back to Miami for fun, I would rather stay at the Ritz Carlton South Beach because it has a far better location to the beach and shopping/dining...

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

We stayed at the FS Miami in October 2008. It was a two night stay prior to our departure on a cruise. Thank goodness we had those two nights of luxury prior to getting on the boat!

The hotel is in the financial district so if you expect a hotel with a beach feel then do not book here. It is an isolated area after dark although we did stumble on some nightlife close by at an area known as the Mary Brickell district. This provided some good food and drink options.

The rooms are quiet and clean. We were offered a $100 upgrade at check in to a one bedroom suite in tier 10 and we accepted. It had a nice view of the pool and the bay. The layout of the room was good although other reviewers noted that the bedroom area was not overly spacious. I agree with their opinions but would not let it hold me back from reserving this type of room in the future.

As for the elevator situation we did not find this to be an issue. A few other reviews made light that upon return to this hotel there is a separate elevator that takes you from the parking area to the lobby where you switch to another lift that takes you to the rooms. We did not find this to be a big deal! The same thing happens at the FS Chicago. I think that it actually helps the FS security better monitor who is in the hotel. This is important to some of their clientele such as the Sacramento Kings from the NBA who were also staying at the property those nights.

The pool area and workout facilities are excellent. Food and beverage service was also solid. Overall it was a predictable excellent Four Seasons experience and we look forward to our return. If you are looking for a luxury city feel hotel in Miami you have found a great choice!

• Liked — excellent staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!