“E is for "Excellent!" Be Wowed, Stay Here” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #2 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Windsor, Canada
“E is for "Excellent!" Be Wowed, Stay Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I rarely get to experience such a treat as the Four Seasons Miami. Why? I'm just too cheap! But this visit was paid for by a company which was holding their annual meeting there. I am SO lucky...really, I mean that...SO lucky!

People, take it from Frugal Dan, someday, one day, you MUST break down, splurge, and stay here. YOU WILL LOVE IT! The rooms are EXQUISITE. The bath AREA (I can't call it a bathroom; it takes up 1/3 of the entire room, which is large to begin with) makes me wish I were a rich man. I'd remodel my house and make the bathroom an exact duplicate of what the Four Seasons Miami has done here. Soft lighting under the cabinets, near floor level. Gorgeous marble countertop. Shower area meant for the gods. Separate, French-style toilet room. With a phone on the wall (okay, that was little gross--I'll leave that off my home remodeling plans). A swing-out, magnifying vanity mirror had me plucking ear hairs I didn't know existed until I stayed here. Holy Crap, look at those ear hairs! Jeez! Got 'em.

The harbour & ocean view was amazing--of course, when you come down from Canada in March, and you know Spring at home is still three months away, any view with sandy beaches and palm trees is pretty spectacular.

The bed was huge and impossibly comfortable. I slept so well that I was afraid I might not wake up. Why would you want to, when sleeping is this great?

I like a good TV with my favourite business channels, and this one delivered. It was huge--should have invited the neighbourhood in for a bootleg movie night--the money I could have made!

Finally, the pool. Huge and awesome. You must float on your back, look up at the hotel, try to find your room on the kazillionth floor, and think how great life is at this moment. Just do it, you'll see what I mean.

And on my way back to my room from the pool, I had the distinct pleasure of passing by the poolside pre-game strategy session of the visiting Brooklyn Nets. Stuff like that doesn't happen at Motel 6, folks.

I've been thinking...surely there must have been SOMETHING negative about my stay there. And I had to scratch around the cat litter box to remember this: Walking into the hotel seemed a bit awkward. Not sure why. Something about coming from the free light rail stop nearby and having to negotiate one's way to the other side of the building and then up a floor to the front desk. And then it hit me. I think it is all about security. And being ready for the Zombie Apocalypse, which you KNOW is coming. Requiring guests to figure out how to get up a floor, through a well-controlled entrance, keeps the other 99% roughians (and zombies, too) in check.

So do yourself a favour. Stay here. You will love it. Guaranteed.

Room Tip: Get an east-facing room for a spectacular view of the harbour and ocean. Flying in? Forget the cab...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Nice reception , beautiful decoration !
Staff well prepared , very nice !
Good food , good drinks and nice bar !
Room very confortable with a view to the ocean and the pools !
Great location , new , highly recommended!
Nice and complete gym and spa!

Stayed August 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The service was top notch and I must agree with a previous post regarding the outstanding attention from Valentin (Front Desk) and a special housekeeper, although everyone I was in contact with was very friendly and accommodating. They all helped to make my stay an enjoyable one, I will go back in a heartbeat..

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and views of Biscayne Bay
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is not what we thought we were going to get when booking this hotel!

We booked the area because we needed to there for business and wanted a classic luxury hotel to spend the few days we were in Miami for work.

Rooms: Our first room smelled like an ashtray (even though it was non-smoking). They allowed us to switch rooms. Our second room smelled like mold, but at that pointed we were too lazy to switch again.

The rooms are old and outdated. The sheets and bedding were bland, starchy and dull. The furniture is definitely from 1987. The decor is horrible. This is what I imagine a Courtyard Marriott to look like.

Pool: Nice pool. Offers complimentary water and sunblock.

Grounds: OK. Outdoor space is average and restaurant interior is old.

Food: The brunch was very very good and their Halloween display was super cute. Room service was bland, tasteless and boring.

Service: Not good.They were snobby and annoyed that we complained about the smell in our first room. Then we were charged with someone else's pool bill by accident and at first they thought we were lying! It wasn't until they verified with the bar tender from the pool that served us the day before, that they believed us (he verified we did not order food and alcohol for 6 people). They didn't even apologize to us for their mistake. Instead, they were smug and rude.

We should have stayed at Mandarin Oriental.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank FashionFoodFly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Took my family here for a couple of days. Great stay in a great hotel. The staff was amazing. The property is beautiful. The rooms were the best weve stayed at in a long time. Thank You to the whole staff at Four Seasons Miami

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel, because it is close to the Italian Consulate and the hotel's location is very convenient to the airport, consulate, and restaurants that we didn't even rent a car. We just took taxis. We relaxed by the pool most of the weekend and it was an extremely relaxing and wonderful weekend. Staff is amazing!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Amazing all round. We really appreciate hotels to be clean and this was probably one of the cleanest hotels we've stayed at (towels, bed-linen, bathroom, etc.) The only downside is the price of the rooms, internet, valet parking, etc. but then again, it is a Four Seasons and as long as the high price is justified with excellent service then it si worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Mandarin Oriental, Miami
4.5 of 5 stars 223 reviews
Coconut Grove
InterContinental Miami
EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!