“Great if you want it a little more corporate” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great if you want it a little more corporate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We love the Four Seasons Miami and try to go once a year. If you go during the off season (think summer) you can get spectacular rooms for a fraction of the high season price. We don't have kids, so the more adult/corporate feel of the hotel really appeals. The pool area is amazing. My husband mentioned he liked some aromatic sticks they had in the hallway outside our nearest elevator and they sent a bouquet of them to our room. Little things like that go a long way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FSMiami, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Greetings Avansant,

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback, and for being a loyal Four Seasons Hotel Miami guest. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm regards,
D. Normandin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

For a 5-star rated hotel, I think they have room for improvement. There were a couple of things I liked about this hotel such as the rooms. They were very spacious and bright (2 large windows) with wonderful views and impeccibly clean. I rarely feel like I can comfortably put my bare feet on the floor of a hotel room, no matter how nice the hotel is, but our room and bathroom were extremely fresh and clean and that was commendable! I also loved the location of the hotel, in the heart of the buisness district; convenient to what we wanted to do. Enjoyed a delicious dessert and friendly service one evening at the hotel restaurant.

Things that I found disappointing: We arrived at 3:00 (2:58) for 3:00 check-in and were told that our room wasn't ready and they didn't know when it would be ready but would probably take a while. We did a little back and forth trying to get a definitive answer while we waited by the pool. In the end, it was ready about 4 or a little after, but this was disappointing. 5 star hotel...rooms should be ready on time if not early.

I disliked the decor of the common areas. It felt cold and uninviting. I did not find the majority of staff that we encountered to be overly friendly or eager to go out of their way. I thought that charging for wi-fi in the rooms is an outrageous notion in this day and age, especially for a 5-star hotel. (Give me a break!) I thought that $39 a day to park your car was also outrageous. The pool area does not seem to have enough lounge chairs to accomodate that size hotel and they seem to need more pool servers. We had to wait an hour for available chairs. No coffee available in rooms and by the time I went downstairs one morning, coffee service was taken away but I was told I could order coffee in the restaurant. Coffee should be available to guests either in room or lobby througout the morning. Also, the night before, I ordered 2 cups of coffee from the hotel restaurant to take up to my room and it was $8. Again, give me a break!

My biggest disappointment was that I had called the concierge weeks prior to our visit and explained that it was my son's "sweet 16th" birthday and could they do anything special like put a "happy birthday" sign in the room or something. (I offered to pay for the sign). He said they could do some type of sign and a cake, no problem. He said that if I wanted balloons or anything else that they could contract with an outside party company. I said no, that a sign and cake was perfect and that I wanted it to surprise him when we arrived in the room. Checked in the room but there was nothing. Long story short, when I arrived back in the room later in the evening, I found a plate with a "Happy Birthday" message on it and a VERY STALE small cupcake. The cupcake was not even edible it was so hard and stale.

Come on! Put some effort into the small things that really MAKE the difference in personalization and customer service and special touches that people remember. We were at the Ritz for my daughter's birthday a few years back and did not ask them to do ANYTHING and they went out of their way, leaving a gift in a gift bag (stuffed teddy bear), a card, and a balloon in our room to surprise her when we arrived at check-in.

On a side note, we got a good deal on our stay from a third party company. Maybe that fact is part of your folio and affected the lack of effort for the special occasion we were celebrating, but it certainly shouldn't.

Stale cupcakes and nickel and diming for coffee and wi-fi and parking do not make me want to go back to this hotel when there are so many other choices in Miami.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Good day, DiningInFlorida,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Miami during your recent visit to the city. We appreciate the time you've taken to share your feedback, both positive and areas that did not meet your expectations.

I'm glad our housekeeping standards met your expectations, and that you enjoyed the room product. Our new pastry chef is a master in the bake shop. I'm glad you enjoyed one of his creations in EDGE Steak & Bar.

I regret to hear that your room was not ready at check-in, and that the birthday surprise for your son did not meet your expectations. Though we do not have coffee makers in each guestroom, they are available upon request at no additional fee. I will share your feedback with our team to ensure we address each of your concerns. We understand the value of guest feedback and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and regain your trust and confidence.

If you'd like to discuss any of your concerns further, please contact me at (305) 381-3026.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel is nice located, the views are good also, the service and the facilities could be better. And its 2014 please internet service should always be included, its a basic service to offer to your clients as well as the gym.

Good day, Masterega,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Brickell neighborhood and the views from the hotel.

I regret to hear that the service you experienced and internet fees did not meet your expectation. We greatly understand the importance of guest feedback and would welcome any additional comments you may have regarding your stay. If you'd like to discuss further, please contact me at (305)381-3026.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My stay at this hotel was absolutely Excellent. the Food, The service, the Staff was the greatest. I will definitely be back when I visit Miami in the future. The pool area was open from dusk till dawn.. and it was never too crowded. The restaurant was greats !!! Huge gym with all the necessary equipment. .. Definitely the Excellence you expect at a Four Seasons Hotel ..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Good day, DaSilentKing,

I'm thrilled you had a wonderful experience and are looking forward to your next visit with us. Thanks for sharing your comments with us, we truly understand the value of guest feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Room very nice,staff excellent,food Very good,Pool area and pool staff excellent.Book with American Express and it was an excellent all around experience.We will came back,and recommend it to our friends.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This may seem odd, but Iam writing to review this wonderful hotel and I have not even arrived yet!
I am doing this because I can: I have stayed here a few times before and I know how awesome it's going to be!
Additionally, since I made the reservations I have had to make a few changes, and each time that I do. the Reservations Specialist is extraordinarily patient and gracious.
This hotel is well run, and somehow hotel manages to be so elegant, yet very comfortable. I don't know how they do it, but I don't know of any hotel that does it better!
I can't wait to get there!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong, but a higher floor probably has a slightly better view!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Good day, LaGringaNovelera,

Wow! This type of review is very encouraging for our hotel team. We're ecstatic to receive such positive comments and know that we made an impression even before you arrived. We're happy to have you as a loyal guest, and to hear you have an overall wonderful experience every time you visit.

We appreciate guest feedback and want to thank you for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

First visit to the Four Seasons. I won a stay thru a silent auction. They are pet friendly so we got to bring our newly adopted fur baby. As this was a belated birthday event the staff sent up chocolates and event a pouch of food and a bottle of water for the dog with 2 bowls on a miniature tray. Everyone could not have been nicer or more helpful.

LynShaw,

Congratulations on winning a stay with us. I'm glad to hear you and your newly adopted fur baby enjoyed your stay with us, and that our team made both of you feel comfortable during your visit.

Thank you for sharing your guest feedback, as it's a very valuable tool for us. We hope you visit us again soon.

D. Normanin

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!