“1ST Class Always!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Windsor, Canada
“1ST Class Always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Awesome location in the Heart of Downtown Miami, impeccable service, well appointed rooms and a beautifully inspired Hotel! Staff always willing to assist. The Sunday brunch was terrific and offered something to everyone.
SL

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

best hotel in Downtown, the locate is perfect, there is many restaurants close, you can stay for fell days or more, i visit there 100 times and is always perfect. The basketball players stay there and the gym is amazing

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was a very comfortable business hotel, and I liked the restaurant (bills itself as a steakhouse, but it's not a steakhouse!). It had a great pool area and a giant hot tub that nobody shooed you away from during night hours. But it didn't particularly feel like a Four Seasons. Felt like a great business hotel. Lobby and public areas felt a little stark, like they're ready for conventions of salesmen. We had appointments at the spa but canceled them because we heard the spa left a lot to be desired. Also, location is very far from South Beach factoring in all the usual traffic.

All in all, I would book here when I am on business. For a weekend getaway, it doesn't have the indulgence features I would expect of a Four Seasons.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My teenage son and I stayed at the Four Seasons four a couple of nights during Spring Break. This hotel is absolutely first-rate. Our room was large, immaculate, and very nicely decorated. The marble bathroom was spotless which is important to me as I am a clean-freak. The pool-side restaurant has outstanding food and service. We ended up coming back to the Edge restaurant for dinner because the food was outstanding and the prices better than in the South Beach area. Service was outstanding too. Don't miss the Sunday Brunch which had upscale selections- not your typical Sunday Brunch! We decided to stay in downtown Miami because the nicer hotels were extremely expensive- about double what we paid at this Four Seasons. We just drove our car to the parking garage near the Macy's near South Beach and parked for $1/hour, then explored South Beach for the day. We were a little worried about being so far from the beach, but afterwards, we are glad we stayed at this hotel. Very sophisticated and quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Beltsville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Like most Four Season's locations, the accommodations, services and luxuries were high end. The staff was always warm, welcoming and eager to help. The in-house restaurant was a treat. The Sunday Brunch, while pricey, was great. There was an assortment of breakfast items, seafood, pastries, fruit, grilled items, and more. We returned for a dinner and the steak and seafood was prepared excellently, and the drinks and desserts were very tasty.

There were some issues with a staleness in the air. I believe it may have been caused by carpet shampooing without adequate ventilation. We often smelled a musky dank odor in the main lobby area. Aside from that, everything else was great. The outdoor pool on the 7th floor was very picturesque and even better to look at when it was lit up at night. The outdoor fire pits were also a big draw.

The location was in the financial district. Very active during work hours and during the business happy-hour times, but really quiet on the weekends and late at night. Several nice restaurants nearby. If you don't mind walking 3 - 7 short blocks there are many other options for food, shopping and drinks. A favorite area was the Mary Brickell Village (lots of shops, restaurants and bars). We enjoyed the St. Patrick's celebration they held there. From the hotel it was a quick drive to many popular locations. Just avoid doing it at rush hour or during a game. In about 10 - 15 minutes we were able to reach (Miami Beach, Biscayne Key, Coconut Grove, etc.)

Four Season's guest also have access to the Bentley Beach Club in South Beach. This came in very handy since it was very crowded and parking was scarce. The Beach Club is operated by The Hilton. We were able to quickly access the hotel's valet parking. The Beach Club had chairs, umbrellas and private tents to rent. They also provided breach-side service for drinks. It saved a lot of time and hassle using our access to park, relax and drink.

The only major issue I experienced was with parking. Valet parking was convenient ($39 a night). You get a ticket and can text the code from your phone to have your car pulled around. I tried the self-parking one of the nights I was there. It costs $38 per night (why not valet park instead). I billed that to my room. When my bill came they had charged my for 4 nights of self park, in addition to the 3 nights of valet I actually used. After a few phone calls the incorrect charges were removed and they comped the one night of self-park for the inconvenience.

If visiting the area be mindful of the weather and what venues you plan to attend. You will need clothes that vary from high end fashion, to beach bumming, and if the weather fluctuates be prepared for hot days and chilly nights.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
FSMiami, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Good day, Ericoa1,

Thank you for being a loyal Four Seasons guest and sharing your recent experience at the Miami hotel with us. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that you received the warm and welcoming service you are use to at Four Seasons Hotels. The culinary team behind EDGE Steak & Bar is fantastic, and they've truly put the restaurant on the map. I'm happy to hear you were able to experience it first hand.

I regret to hear that the ambiance in the lobby did not meet your expectations. I'll review your notes with the team and discuss how we can enhance. As for your challenges with valet, I'm happy to hear everything was resolved.

We look forward to having you visit us again during your next trip to Miami.

Warm Regards,
D. Normandin
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Of the many non-prime Four Seasons hotels, (ie excluding the flagship properties in New York, Toronto, London, Paris, or Hong Kong), the 4S Miami is my favourite. Close to the airport and within walking distance of shops and restaurants, the hotel is airy and extremely comfortable. Check in is fast and friendly.

The pool is also quite large, as is a health club on the bottom floor. I always like to take a steam to relive the stress of travelling, and the sauna here is at the perfect temperature (not too scalding), large, and (my favourite feature) scented with menthol to really open up your mind, body, and lungs.

Rooms are standard 4S design, but are large and have great beds. Complementary internet is speedy, and the Ortigia amenities are heavenly. Coffee & tea service is not standard, but in my experience, one can ask for this to be brought to the room (which I did not do this time). The only thing missing this time was a pair of slippers.

Service is outstanding. The concierge helped me with a list of restaurants; I asked for a cab to a nearby destination, and instead they drove me over in a complimentary house car; and dry cleaning can be returned overnight (even up to a minimum of four hours) and priced extremely reasonably.

Unfortunately, I did not get to spend the weekend here on this trip, but I look forward to spending as much time as possible at Four Seasons Miami in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Good day, J W,

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback of your recent visit with us. I'm glad to hear the Miami hotel is one of your favorite Four Seasons hotels, and that the service you received met your expectations. Our Tesla is relatively new, and we've received great feedback on the complimentary service. Guests truly enjoy the fact that they have access to the Sports Club/LA facilities, as it really is a wonderful advantage.

Next time you visit, don't hesitate to request a pair of slippers or the coffee/tea machine, as we'd be happy to send them up straight to your guestroom.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences, as we truly understand and appreciate guest feedback. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Warm Regards,
D. Normandin
West New York, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The second time i've been there! and i feel the same excelent service at all.. i wetn for a short period for some meetings but i also like the way that's no like others hotels just ofr business class.
Great pool !!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!