“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

An efficiently run and beautifully designed hotel in Downtown Miami. Every employee we met was polite and helpful. The bay and city view from our room was spectacular. We took the Executive Suite for three and were very comfortable (housekeeping set up a single bed for our son in our sitting room). We cannot comment on food and drink in the hotel as we decided to venture out to the numerous restaurants and cafes nearby, trying most of the Latin American options. But we did make good use of the excellent gym and pool. One of the nicest modern city hotels that I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
FSMiami, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hi John T,

We're excited to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel's modern design complements our urban setting and is enhanced by our multi-million dollar art collection. It's hard to miss the oversized- Botero statues in the lower and main lobbies.

Glad to hear you had the opportunity to explore a number of restaurants nearby. On your next visit, you'll have to try our signature restaurant EDGE Steak & Bar. The chef serves a great selection of fare and takes sustainability and farm-to-table to heart, sourcing the best products around. He even uses some of the fresh home-grown herbs from our garden on the restaurant terrace. In the evening, we light the fire pits on the terrace and offer marshmallows to guests for them to make s'mores. It's very popular among our guests, and no doubt you're son will love it next time you visit.

Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here on and off for six months while on a construction job. The service is great, the staff is amazing. However you cannot compare to 4s NYC or any other 4s. Unbranded water, towels, and matches. strike #2 gym is sports club LA which is usually regarded as a very high end fitness facility, well in this one the steam room does not work, it is outdated, and it feels gross to walk on shower area floor. They installed a plastic walkway in shower area which reduces the luxury standard even more. Hotel furniture in common areas is outdated, so are the elevators! brunch is ok but very expensive (I was told i get a 20% discount but my bartender decided it was 10%). Art is great but poorly displayed, there is plenty of dead space in the property. Also, marketing material is VERY weak, happy hour display on elevators looks cheap, fliers are printed one sided?? (only cost a few more dollars to print on both) I know I may sound snobby but there are certain standards to meet for a 4 seasons property and this one fell a bit short. overall the staff made my stay very pleasant and even though these complaints did not affect my stay it is good for people to understand what 4s lifestyle is about.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Good day, dougdbny,

Thank you for sending us feedback on your stay last year in December 2012. We've made some changes to our programs, offerings and collateral since then. Hope you'll be back soon when visiting Miami again.

Warm Regards.
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I would recommend this place to individuals who have the phrase "sophisticated relaxation" at the top of their agenda. I was promptly brought to the seventh floor, where guests can check in for their stay. The staff who checked me in was courteous and very professional. I was upgraded to to a bay view room. The room was outfited with a very neutral color palette which envoked a sense of calm. Additionally, the room had a padded bench next to the window where one can admire the view of the bay and the city. The king bed was comfortable, with plush bedding and soft pillows. This sense of relaxation reveberrated in the bathroom which had an ample sized bath tub, and a shower which could fit easily four people. The pool area outside was a great place to relax, lined with palm trees and cabanas with climbing plants. Room service was pleasant, with quality food (like the spaghetti bolognese) and attentive staff who had delivered the food and ensured everything was well situated before leaving. The only minor issue I encountered was that the iphone docking station which doubled as a clock was not working in my room. However, this was a minor oversight, since time is not of importance when one wants to get away and unwind for vacation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
FSMiami, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hi Albert,

We're very glad you enjoyed your stay at our urban resort and were able to take advantage of the hotel's stunning bay views. Thank you for making us aware of the iPod docking station, we'll make sure it is taken care of.

We hope you visit us again soon during your next trip to Miami, so you can enjoy some more "sophisticated relaxation."

Best wishes.
Mamaroneck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Excellent in all ways. The best Hotel I ever stayed at. Service was great & the Hotel pool on the seventh floor was fabulous that we hardly left. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants to be pampered.

Room Tip: Little Havana is a short trip from Hotel. I would highly suggest going to Versailles for dinner.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Raven204,
Glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax on the elevated pool deck that overlooks Biscayne Bay. Hope you spent some time napping on the hammocks suspended over the Palm Grove wading pool. That is one of my favorite spots in the hotel.

Hope to see you back soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

this is by far the best hotel i have ever stayed with all apologies to the W Barcelona but the service really first rate. There was a wedding party staying on my floor and it was still quiet. Also saw chef Todd English in the lobby so expect the unexpected, particularly the Botero sculptures which can make anyone feel petite. I liked the front desk staff and the bellmen, as they were so attentive, i thought they were going to go with me when i left the hotel. I think a letdown was concierge who didn't seem to have materials she had the night before on their own restaurant and the bar where a French Jack said they were closed when they were full. That said, as i told the president of 4 seasons and the manager, best place i've ever stayed.

Room Tip: i would listen to desk clerk Rodrigo of Brazil when he offers you an ocean view for another $39, it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had a very brief stay at this Four Seasons. The location is great if you have business in the area. The hotel is clean, there is a great gym and the service is outstanding. The hotel is very quiet. The bar at Edge Steak Bar is quite elegant and the service is great (they give you delicious homemade potato chips) but was very quiet. The pool area is quite nice and relaxing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Good day, Julianne R,

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your brief stay with us during your business trip. We look forward to seeing you back soon, and hopefully for pleasure the next time. Chef Aaron Brooks whips up some amazing items in Edge. I hope you enjoyed the homemade potato tips with the truffle mayo. It is a favorite.

Warm wishes.
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We arrived and were greeted by the valet and bellman. I told them I was checking in and they took my bags and told me to go to the 7th floor. I found it odd that my bags didn't follow me as I went to reception to check in. Check-in was fast and very friendly. He handed me my key card, told me which room I was in, walked me down the hall and pointed me to the elevator?? Nobody showed us to our room, and still my bags are nowhere in sight. We arrived to our room, which was definitely 5 star. The room was very upscale modern, with plenty of room. His and her closets were a plus. No balconies was a bummer, but we knew this coming in. 10 Minutes go by and still no bags and nobody has been to our rooms to make sure we have everything we need. I had to actually call down to find out where my bags where, and they finally arrived about 20 minutes after check-in. Great down town views. The pool area was beautiful, well maintained and very tropical. The pool staff was very friendly, but we had to ask them for service. We were passed several times by staff members, before finally stopping one for service. We lounged by the pool for about 4 hours and were offered great smoothie shots about 30 minutes after arriving. But then we never saw one again. The bar staff was very accommodating and very friendly. The frozen drinks were a blessing. The Edge Steakhouse was the place we ate at most. The food was cooked to perfection and the drink menu was unusual and crafted with finesse. We ate there 4 times and received the same excellent service every time. The room service was very good, but could have been faster. It may be the size of the hotel, or just their location in the largest building in Miami. But, with that being said, it still could have been faster. The same goes for ice service to your room. There are no ice machines for your use, so you must call every time you need ice, which for champagne drinkers is often. Valet service is fast, and never waited for my car...but the price is a little high. The only thing it needs tighter security. All I did was walk up to my car and someone handed me the keys. What if it wasn't my car? Nobody asked me for my valet ticket for proof that this was my car. In a hotel this size, and being our first time, it would have been nice to have guest services show us around. At times we felt a little lost, and wish we would have had the grand tour first. Overall we had a wonderful stay, but I wish I could have given this hotel an Excellent review. Some things need to be tweaked and a little fine tuned, but I would stay again with hopes of that 5 star service that I expect from the Four Seasons.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Thomas R,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Miami. We're glad you enjoyed the views and the amenities, including the award-winning Edge Steak & Bar. We appreciate the comments on the promptness and attentiveness of the hotel and valet team. We understand the value of guest comments and strive to use them as a tool to always exceed our guests' expectations.

Please join us again, the next time you are visiting Miami.

Warm regards.

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!