“Our first stay at the Four Seasons” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #7 of 129 hotels in Miami
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Our first stay at the Four Seasons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We arrived and were greeted by the valet and bellman. I told them I was checking in and they took my bags and told me to go to the 7th floor. I found it odd that my bags didn't follow me as I went to reception to check in. Check-in was fast and very friendly. He handed me my key card, told me which room I was in, walked me down the hall and pointed me to the elevator?? Nobody showed us to our room, and still my bags are nowhere in sight. We arrived to our room, which was definitely 5 star. The room was very upscale modern, with plenty of room. His and her closets were a plus. No balconies was a bummer, but we knew this coming in. 10 Minutes go by and still no bags and nobody has been to our rooms to make sure we have everything we need. I had to actually call down to find out where my bags where, and they finally arrived about 20 minutes after check-in. Great down town views. The pool area was beautiful, well maintained and very tropical. The pool staff was very friendly, but we had to ask them for service. We were passed several times by staff members, before finally stopping one for service. We lounged by the pool for about 4 hours and were offered great smoothie shots about 30 minutes after arriving. But then we never saw one again. The bar staff was very accommodating and very friendly. The frozen drinks were a blessing. The Edge Steakhouse was the place we ate at most. The food was cooked to perfection and the drink menu was unusual and crafted with finesse. We ate there 4 times and received the same excellent service every time. The room service was very good, but could have been faster. It may be the size of the hotel, or just their location in the largest building in Miami. But, with that being said, it still could have been faster. The same goes for ice service to your room. There are no ice machines for your use, so you must call every time you need ice, which for champagne drinkers is often. Valet service is fast, and never waited for my car...but the price is a little high. The only thing it needs tighter security. All I did was walk up to my car and someone handed me the keys. What if it wasn't my car? Nobody asked me for my valet ticket for proof that this was my car. In a hotel this size, and being our first time, it would have been nice to have guest services show us around. At times we felt a little lost, and wish we would have had the grand tour first. Overall we had a wonderful stay, but I wish I could have given this hotel an Excellent review. Some things need to be tweaked and a little fine tuned, but I would stay again with hopes of that 5 star service that I expect from the Four Seasons.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FSMiami, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hi Thomas R,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Miami. We're glad you enjoyed the views and the amenities, including the award-winning Edge Steak & Bar. We appreciate the comments on the promptness and attentiveness of the hotel and valet team. We understand the value of guest comments and strive to use them as a tool to always exceed our guests' expectations.

Please join us again, the next time you are visiting Miami.

Warm regards.

760 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

After suffering a long drive off the Keys it was great to step into a real service driven and quality hotel. Great rooms, great location and great views! Bed was one of the most comfortable i have slept in. Valet prices steep!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I traveled to Miami on Business and ended up staying at the Four Seasons Miami for two nights. I have become accustomed to excellent service at Four Seasons Hotels and this property did not let me down. To me, it was equivalent to their cross town rival the St. Regis, though the Four Seasons is a lot more affordable. The biggest differences are The St. Regis is on the water and Four Seasons is not. I like the very large pool area at the Four Seasons as I personally am not a beach person. Also, they give you access to the Sports Club / Los Angeles which is located inside the hotel. This is the nicest and most well equipped hotel gym I have ever experienced anywhere. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending a wedding held at the hotel. It was a lovely venue and the staff was awesome. Laura, one of the servers at our patio farewell brunch made a perfect cup of coffee appear out of nowhere and hats off to Ruben at the Concierge desk. The rest of the staff was attentive and responsive, as well. This is a "definitely recommend" although it is more expensive a hotel than we would typically frequent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Good day, mpearl2012,
Congratulations to the lucky bride and groom! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our urban resort and the team was very attentive in anticipating your needs. Reuben and the rest of the concierge team are great and are true experts on everything to do and see in Miami.

Come visit us again soon.

Cheers!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a family wedding and the staff catered to our every need. You really can't get better service. The room was beautifully appointed and the bed was as comfortable as could be. The wedding was beautiful, the food delicious and the staff unbelievable. Who could ask for more?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Many people say...location... location... location...
Location is Prime...and to have an excellent staff... that is PRIMO.
Visiting the Four Season Hotel in Miami is like returning Home. That is how the staff makes you feel. You feel welcomed and cared for in a very special way. Access to the fitness center on this visit made a world of difference. I was able to use up some down time during a rainy afternoon in a marvelous state of the art gym. The friendly bar servers were very informed on hotel services and local venues as well. It is great that I have so many "homes" as Four Seasons Hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi PuertoRicoLOLA,

We're glad to hear you feel like home when visiting the Four Seasons Hotel Miami. We pride ourselves on our attentive and personalized service, and are excited to hear wonderful guest feedback such as yours.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Warm regards.
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My girlfriend and I stay at the four seasons Miami for 6 nights to celebrate her birthday, we booked a deluxe bay view suite on the recommendation of Paulina in reservations, I emailed the hotel and the level of service before even booking was incredible. Paulina described the rooms, gave fantastic recommendations and made me excited about coming to the hotel. Upon arrival at the hotel our bags were swiftly taken to our room once we completed the check in formalities we were taken to our room which had one of the most incredible views over looking the ocean from both the living room and bedroom, where we watched sunrise a couple of times from our bed which I thought was pretty spectacular. The room itself is designed to a very high quality, good wardrobe space, immaculate house keeping and a fantastic bathroom with great organic toiletries. The hotel also sent some chocolate covered strawberries and an amazing chocolate cake with a happy birthday message for my girlfriend. Followed by lots of cards from Paulina who made my reservation to the manager of the hotel sending cards for my girlfriend which we both thought was a very nice touch. The hotel facilities are world class amazing swimming pools that's open 24 hours and one of the best health centres I have ever seen truly amazing. The concierge team are fantastic they helped out with all our requests in terms of going places, they even compile a special package for things that you are interested in you fill out a card with what interests you and you get a really cool individually designed package to what you want to do on your trip which I thought was very clever. The in room dining at the hotel is absolutely amazing and its like eating at a top restaurant the quality of food is so good. That also goes for Edge the restaurant bar with probably the nicest Tuna Burger and Lobster rolls imaginable. The breakfast is also absolutely amazing and is highly recommended. I cannot speak more highly of this hotel and will definitely stay here again when I am back in Miami.

Room Tip: Bay view room.