“Quite simply, sublime” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 129 hotels in Miami
London, United Kingdom
“Quite simply, sublime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Four Seasons Miami is not your average city hotel - it is a holiday resort in one of the coolest cities in the world and our stay here was quite simply sublime. From the day we called the reservations desk, where Paulina Gonzalez took care of our bookings (and helped us with our accommodation in Palm Beach), to the time of our check-in with Amanda and Isaac at reception, and check-out after a 6-night stay, everything was just perfect.

The hotel is located in downtown Miami, a short distance by taxi (or as we later discovered easily reachable by public rail transport) from the airport. When you come in, a wonderful smell greets you emanating from the ample scented candles in the lobby. The check-in process was smooth and efficient, managed by the hotel's friendly and helpful staff. We stayed initially for 4 nights in a Deluxe Bay View room on the 23rd Floor, which was smartly appointed and provided stunning views of the bay and the pool area. After returning from a short trip to Palm Beach, we stayed for another 2 nights. The marble bathroom, with bath, separate walk-in shower and WC, was amply stocked with Ortigia toiletries, a bespoke collection for the Four Seasons. These were replaced generously by the cleaning staff on a daily basis, despite not being fully used up. Breakfast, which was not included in our rate, is served at Edge Restaurant, so we only ate there on our first morning. The buffet offers a good selection, as well as value if you are a big eater. For the remainder of our stay, we opted instead to go to nearby restaurants.
The said, the Edge restaurant became our default choice for drinks and evening snacks. Happy hour was served from 4-7pm, and the menu offered enough choices to have dinner at the bar. Every evening, we looked forward to our chat with lovely bartender Jonathan, as well as congregating with other guests and visitors.

The pool area is accessible from the lobby area, and for a city hotel was enormous. There were plenty of sun loungers as well as day beds around the pool, and even on a busy day, it never felt crowded. As impressive was the hotel's gym, which is run by Sports Club LA. This was probably the biggest gym I have ever been too, with state-of-the art exercise machines, exercise studios, as well as steam and sauna facilities in the changing rooms. The gym is mainly for members, but hotel guests receive complimentary access. Housed within the gym is also the spa, and I decided to indulge in a 50-minute massage. The treatment was very good, however pricey. If there is any criticism I can make of the hotel, then perhaps it is on pricing of the spa treatments. They should offer discounts to hotel guests, as otherwise the cost is not attractive.

Four Seasons Miami is located in the financial district of Miami, and everything is within easy reach of the hotel. While taking the taxi, or renting a car seems most obvious choice for many, do take advantage of public transport. Metromover is free and connects you with Metrorail. The hotel really did offer us the best of everything, and I would happily stay here both on holidays or on business. There is a business centre on the ground floor, albeit small, which offers complimentary internet access for 15 minutes. Perhaps the hotel would consider free WiFi access in all areas. Overall, we had a fantastic time - this hotel does live up to the quality and service you expect from the Four Seasons brand and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in downtown Miami.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan S, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
What can we say? WOW. Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We hope you'll join us again soon!

Best,
Megan Sterritt
PR Manager

769 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a get together in the four seasons with friends and all I can say is wow the service was incredible the lounge on the seventh floor was great the drinks were perfect the ambiance sexy and sitting outside overlooking the downtown skyline while having drinks and hanging out by a cool pool with fire pits going it just was a great place to be I recommend this hotel highly

• Stayed February 2013
So glad to hear you and your friends had a great time. It sounds like you may have some good pictures from your visit! Make sure to share them with us on Facebook.com/FourSeasonsHotelMiami!

Best,
Megan Sterritt
PR Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I vacationed in Miami for a few days last month and decided to stay downtown (an area I'm not familiar with) instead of on the beach simply because I adore the Four Seasons hotels.

I flew down for the fabulous weather and wanted to make the most of my short stay. I approached the concierge desk and a very gracious lady by the name of Natasha assisted me. She had wonderful recommendations for tours I could take on my own both on land and sea to get to know the city and all her restaurant suggestions were superb.

In just one stop she planned out my whole weekend and blew me away. It was a great vacation that I will never forget. Thank you Four Seasons and bravo Natasha!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Whilst not staying in the hotel we visited the restaurant twice. The service was attentive without being fussy. The menu choices and quality of food were excellent, and the total bill for the evening for food and wine was reasonable for a five star hotel. During our two week stay in Miami, it was our favourite reataurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was greeted by name at the Valet drop off and was upgraded to a Bay view room. The hotel itself is immaculate and the rooms are very comfortable with a relaxing layout and architecture. Super restaurants and the best hotel gym I've ever been to(olympic weights, rowing machines, lots of space)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The service was impeccable, the room was fantastic. The meeting facilities were by far some of the best I've ever seen. I could not be any more pleased with my visit and plan to return as soon as I can.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons Miami to celebrate my husband´s 40th birthday. Since it was an special ocassion I visited in person all of the hotels in the downtown area and I found the Four Seasons to be the best for the following reasons: it has a very nice and elegant decor and ambiance, the staff is super professional and helpful, there is a sense of privacy and the pool area feels like being in a resort and is hard to imagine that you are in middle of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms with Bay view have incredible views and a sofa by the window that allows to enjoy the view