“Best hotel in Downtown Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Third Night Free!
Ranked #7 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Madrid, Spain
“Best hotel in Downtown Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons Miami to celebrate my husband´s 40th birthday. Since it was an special ocassion I visited in person all of the hotels in the downtown area and I found the Four Seasons to be the best for the following reasons: it has a very nice and elegant decor and ambiance, the staff is super professional and helpful, there is a sense of privacy and the pool area feels like being in a resort and is hard to imagine that you are in middle of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms with Bay view have incredible views and a sofa by the window that allows to enjoy the view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Polish first
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and elegant! Upon arriving I was greeted at the entrance and personally escorted to the front desk.

The restaurant is very good the sleeping rooms very clean and spacious

I had a bay view room the view was beautiful

Room Tip: ask for a room with a bay view they are very beautiful and the view is gorgeous
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights on business. The hotel is in good condition and has a good pool and gym. The room was ok and the hotel was generally clean. However the service was worse than a joke. I have stayed in many four seasons hotels before but this is by far the worst. If it was my first stay in a Four seasons , then I would not go back. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Megan S, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We're so sorry that you did not enjoy the hotel during your recent business trip. We strive to deliver the highest level of service and are disappointed to hear that you didn't feel we lived up to our name. We would love the opportunity to rectify the situation if at all possible. Please feel free to give me a call at 305-381-3037 or email me at megan.sterritt@fourseasons.com. Many thanks in advance.

Megan Sterritt
PR Manager
Four Seasons Hotel Miami
Naples, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This is my third visit to the FS Miami and it keeps getting better. Am here with my husband and we enjoy the adult sophistication of this hotel as well as the incredible staff. I called the concierge a few days ago for help with a dinner reservation off property and they confirmed one immediately at Oak Tavern, a Midtown spot. When I called the morning of to confirm directly with restaurant they had no record of my name. And they really didn't seem to care. (Needless to say, I won't ever go there) I contacted the hotel concierge and he (Walter) was apologetic and baffled. His concern was so great that he went out of his way to call in a favor at another restaurant on very short notice to get us in. He saved our night. Thank you Walter!

The staff at the FS restaurants (Edge and Bahia) are friendly and engaging. The food is very good. The rooms are large with amazing beds and beautiful bathrooms. The entire hotel has this amazing scent that I am going to the gift shop to find out what they use and buy it! Thnk you FS for another outstanding stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. Rooms and public areas very nice, especially the pool and gym! Loved the restaurant and ate there every day for lunch or dinner as well as happy hour a few times (which has good deals on food and drinks). My husband was working a lot so I spent most of my time at the pool with a friend. Pool service was good for the most part. Sometimes it was hard to find servers because they also service the residents, who have a pool located away from the guest pools. There was one odd incident on our last day. We had just ordered breakfast room service when we heard a knock on the door. 2 big security people were there and said "we show this room as having no guest" and asked for my ID and proof that I was in the room. (Does the Four Seasons have "squatters" ?!? I had both my drivers lic and my confirmation that clearly showed we had been in the room for a week and were checking out later that day. Guess someone at the front desk accidentally checked us out the night before. No idea why and was surprised I did not get a call telling us what happened or an apology from the front desk or management. Still have not. And we are By Invitation frequent stay guests! Surprising mess for a Four Seasons.

Stayed February 2013
TRODMIA, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed all our hotel and that your dining experience while at the restaurant was delightful. I am sorry for some of the service shortcomings you encountered while at the pool. I most sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and confusion that was caused with your guestroom reservation. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at (305) 381-3035.

We hope to welcome you back in the future to regain your confidence.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I recently spent 4 days here with a friend, where we spent some time exploring Miami after playing in a golf tournament in Fort Lauderdale. As somebody who spends @3 months out of the year travelling and will usually stay at this chain if it is available, I can easily state that this hotel is what I expected! Clean rooms with top quality furnishings and appliances, fantastic food (we ate at the steak restaurant and had room service for both breakfast and dinners), excellent fitness facilities (the outdoor pool was great!) and excellent concierge service summarized our experience. While this hotel provided the 5-star quality that I expect from the 4 Seasons, I do not feel that there was anything memorable about this particular location that will guarantee that I stay there next time I am in Miami as nothing beyond the OUTSTANDING CONCIERGE SERVICE stood out; the rooms were comfortable but fairly simple (i.e., compared with the I.M Pei designed NYC location), the fitness facilities were fantastic but at the end of the day it is still an external private gym (there is something to be said about the 'hotel gym' and the privacy that you receive there, especially when it is at a 4S) and I did not have any particularly memorable interactions with staff (beyond the concierge). Once you factor in the tip, the parking ends up costing @50$ a day and I always had to wait more than I would expect (albeit the wait was nice, as the runners were pleasant), so I didn't feel the parking was anything special.
Anyhow, I have nothing to keep me from going back, but neither do I have anything keeping me from looking into other luxury hotels next time I am in Miami.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
TRODMIA, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive and constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the many features of our property including Edge Steak and Bar restaurant, our breathtaking pool, and Sports Club LA. We take pride in maintaining and continuously improving this beautiful property and we are very glad to hear that our property met your “5-star quality” expectations. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our room service and concierge department. We are truly fortunate to have so many great employees on our team; they make our hotel what it is today!

We truly pride ourselves on making our guests stay a personalized and memorable one. Upon your next visit, I hope we can have the opportunity and privilege to truly exceed your expectations.

On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We recently spent the night at the Four Seasons Miami before taking a cruise. It was the best hotel experience we have had as a family. My 3-year-old-daughter was welcomed, embracced and spoiled by every member of the staff. The property is beautiful and the food is fantastic. We will be absolutely be heading back for a longer stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We're so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay at with us! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Four Seasons Hotel Miami is always focusing on new ways of making not only the parents stay a memorable one but the children’s as well. We are also thrilled to hear you enjoyed the fantastic food at Edge Steak and Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for a longer stay.

Simon Pettigrew

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!