“Par for the course” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Toronto
“Par for the course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I recently spent 4 days here with a friend, where we spent some time exploring Miami after playing in a golf tournament in Fort Lauderdale. As somebody who spends @3 months out of the year travelling and will usually stay at this chain if it is available, I can easily state that this hotel is what I expected! Clean rooms with top quality furnishings and appliances, fantastic food (we ate at the steak restaurant and had room service for both breakfast and dinners), excellent fitness facilities (the outdoor pool was great!) and excellent concierge service summarized our experience. While this hotel provided the 5-star quality that I expect from the 4 Seasons, I do not feel that there was anything memorable about this particular location that will guarantee that I stay there next time I am in Miami as nothing beyond the OUTSTANDING CONCIERGE SERVICE stood out; the rooms were comfortable but fairly simple (i.e., compared with the I.M Pei designed NYC location), the fitness facilities were fantastic but at the end of the day it is still an external private gym (there is something to be said about the 'hotel gym' and the privacy that you receive there, especially when it is at a 4S) and I did not have any particularly memorable interactions with staff (beyond the concierge). Once you factor in the tip, the parking ends up costing @50$ a day and I always had to wait more than I would expect (albeit the wait was nice, as the runners were pleasant), so I didn't feel the parking was anything special.
Anyhow, I have nothing to keep me from going back, but neither do I have anything keeping me from looking into other luxury hotels next time I am in Miami.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
TRODMIA, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive and constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the many features of our property including Edge Steak and Bar restaurant, our breathtaking pool, and Sports Club LA. We take pride in maintaining and continuously improving this beautiful property and we are very glad to hear that our property met your “5-star quality” expectations. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our room service and concierge department. We are truly fortunate to have so many great employees on our team; they make our hotel what it is today!

We truly pride ourselves on making our guests stay a personalized and memorable one. Upon your next visit, I hope we can have the opportunity and privilege to truly exceed your expectations.

On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Simon Pettigrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We recently spent the night at the Four Seasons Miami before taking a cruise. It was the best hotel experience we have had as a family. My 3-year-old-daughter was welcomed, embracced and spoiled by every member of the staff. The property is beautiful and the food is fantastic. We will be absolutely be heading back for a longer stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We're so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay at with us! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Four Seasons Hotel Miami is always focusing on new ways of making not only the parents stay a memorable one but the children’s as well. We are also thrilled to hear you enjoyed the fantastic food at Edge Steak and Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for a longer stay.

Beijing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

the location of the hotel is just fine. most rooms are with nice view. we especially like the sitting place at the windows. the food is good. the internal decoration is artful and enjoyable. well managed.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TRODMIA, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. We are happy to hear the view from your guestroom was treasured and that your stay there was relaxing. I am glad that you enjoyed your dining experience and our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you once again.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

A wonderful hotel with superb service. The public areas are spare and elegant.
The pool is one of the best of any city hotel with great service and pampering.

Choose a corner room on a high floor.
Breakfast al fresco is wonderful and dinner in the restaurant is divine. Albeit with a edited menu.

The bar staff is great and very welcoming.

Room Tip: Choose high floor on the corner with amazing views!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We are thrilled that your enjoyed your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Miami. We are excited to hear that you took the time to relax and enjoy our enthralling two-acre pool deck. We take great pleasure in providing superb service to our guests. We couldn’t agree more that Edge Steak and Bar restaurant is a fabulous new addition to our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property the next time you are in Miami.

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Received attentive service consistent with the Four Seasons brand. The front desk was friendly and efficient, as was the bellman. Room was clean and in good order. Although not beachfront, the waterfront is a short walk and a nice spot to sit and relax. A nice selection of restaurants and bars nearby in addition to Metromover (free public rail) to get around downtown easily. I really enjoyed the pool area. There is a large lap pool, a waterfall, and a hot (very hot) tub with numerous chairs and cabanas for relaxing. The cabanas are first-come, first-serve with no extra fees for use. In addition, there is a cold wading pool with islands and palm trees in it. Several hammocks hang between the trees and I enjoyed resting here with a good book.
The only negative from my stay was on day of check-out. I had been granted a 1-hour late check out. Right at standard check-out time, the front desk was calling my room telling me to leave. I told them I had been given a late check out. When I actually did check out at the front desk, I complained about this and was told that they did have my late check out in their system. I was not expecting this from a chain with such a good reputation and was the only sour note of our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband had a conference at this hotel and I joined him for quite an interesting stay. My very first impression was a loud dehumidifier running full out in the room with a note advising that due to high humidity it must be kept on. In order to hear any tv in the room, the volume had to be full because the dehumidifier overpowered everything. We spent the whole time shouting to hear each other and I feel a more than a little hearing impaired. Btw we tried to turn it off and immediately the room smelled of mold. That being said, the bathroom with a beautiful tub and separate shower had only one tiny bar of soap the entire time for the whole bath room. They also did not have shampoo or conditioner on the counter. Come on Four Seasons, I know you have been hit by the recession but you can afford two bars of soap for a room with a rate of 305 a night.

Room Tip: There is very little to do in this area of Miami. Stay somewhere else. The streets are creepily empt...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TRODMIA, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We appreciate your candid feedback and are sorry about the shortcomings you encountered in your guestroom. I would like to sincerely apologize for the noise created by the dehumidifier and for our oversights in housekeeping. I would appreciate the opportunity to apologize in person, if you kindly reach out for me at (305) 381-3035.

We hope to once again welcome you on your next visit to Miami!

Adamsville, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here at the Four Seasons Hotel Miami couple of weeks ago, it sure did not feel like it. Quality of their product is very low and in a poor condition. Housekeeping and room service is not up to the Four Seasons level. They placed bath towels in my room which were worn out and black. It is very shameful for a so call luxury hotel. Room service took hours to pick up the table, I finally had to call and it took them an additional hour. I have had stayed several Four Seasons and received top notch service and quality. This hotel was so disappointing that I had to write about it. I did like the restaurant Edge, service and food was very good. Fitness LA was fantastic. I would think twice about staying here. Also, there is enormous language issue here, I wonder how management put up with it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!