“Lovely stay and a terrific pool” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Atlanta, GA
“Lovely stay and a terrific pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Received attentive service consistent with the Four Seasons brand. The front desk was friendly and efficient, as was the bellman. Room was clean and in good order. Although not beachfront, the waterfront is a short walk and a nice spot to sit and relax. A nice selection of restaurants and bars nearby in addition to Metromover (free public rail) to get around downtown easily. I really enjoyed the pool area. There is a large lap pool, a waterfall, and a hot (very hot) tub with numerous chairs and cabanas for relaxing. The cabanas are first-come, first-serve with no extra fees for use. In addition, there is a cold wading pool with islands and palm trees in it. Several hammocks hang between the trees and I enjoyed resting here with a good book.
The only negative from my stay was on day of check-out. I had been granted a 1-hour late check out. Right at standard check-out time, the front desk was calling my room telling me to leave. I told them I had been given a late check out. When I actually did check out at the front desk, I complained about this and was told that they did have my late check out in their system. I was not expecting this from a chain with such a good reputation and was the only sour note of our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Polish first
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband had a conference at this hotel and I joined him for quite an interesting stay. My very first impression was a loud dehumidifier running full out in the room with a note advising that due to high humidity it must be kept on. In order to hear any tv in the room, the volume had to be full because the dehumidifier overpowered everything. We spent the whole time shouting to hear each other and I feel a more than a little hearing impaired. Btw we tried to turn it off and immediately the room smelled of mold. That being said, the bathroom with a beautiful tub and separate shower had only one tiny bar of soap the entire time for the whole bath room. They also did not have shampoo or conditioner on the counter. Come on Four Seasons, I know you have been hit by the recession but you can afford two bars of soap for a room with a rate of 305 a night.

Room Tip: There is very little to do in this area of Miami. Stay somewhere else. The streets are creepily empt...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TRODMIA, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We appreciate your candid feedback and are sorry about the shortcomings you encountered in your guestroom. I would like to sincerely apologize for the noise created by the dehumidifier and for our oversights in housekeeping. I would appreciate the opportunity to apologize in person, if you kindly reach out for me at (305) 381-3035.

We hope to once again welcome you on your next visit to Miami!

Simon Pettigrew
Adamsville, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here at the Four Seasons Hotel Miami couple of weeks ago, it sure did not feel like it. Quality of their product is very low and in a poor condition. Housekeeping and room service is not up to the Four Seasons level. They placed bath towels in my room which were worn out and black. It is very shameful for a so call luxury hotel. Room service took hours to pick up the table, I finally had to call and it took them an additional hour. I have had stayed several Four Seasons and received top notch service and quality. This hotel was so disappointing that I had to write about it. I did like the restaurant Edge, service and food was very good. Fitness LA was fantastic. I would think twice about staying here. Also, there is enormous language issue here, I wonder how management put up with it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a conference. Such a great venue for said conference. It is far from the beach, but makes up for excellent pool, abundant restaurants within walking distance and location in downtown Miami next to their excellent (and mostly free) public transportation system. The housekeeping was stellar, probably some of the best housekeeping I have encountered in a hotel. Fantastic gym, the best I have ever seen for such a hotel. I do have to comment on the absence of in room coffee. There is free coffee in the lobby from 5AM, but when you want to have coffee in your jammies, that isn't too practical. The other gripe is the price. Yikes! My room was listed at 650$ per night... just an ordinary room on the 23rd floor. I had a special price for the conference, but the room wasn't worth the full price. Contrary to some other reviewers, I had excellent service at the concierge, which I used often during my stay.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Four Seasons I have visited made a real impact with their art work and with 3 large Botero statues, this is no exception.
They brightened up a very modern featureless building.
My room was what one would expect at this level but with no real effort to go the extra mile. No water on arrival is just mean. The maid service was however very good.
The pool area is very nice and the health club excellent.
The Edge restaurant was freezer cold at night. The food was 8/10; a med rare burger being one of the very best I have tasted. Cocktails were good and the bar area retains some atmosphere at night.
On the downside no two cappuccinos were the same and all were disappointing.
I know it's a killer but have to say the W looked a better bet; lovely bar and poolside area.

• Stayed January 2013
CHICAGO IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

.The four seasons hotel in down town Miami is as good as it gets, perfect location, wonderful staff, and comfortable rooms.  It is not as luxurious as other four seasons facitilities in other location that I visited (Bangkok or singapore) but it is as good as it gets for a 4.5 stars US hotel.  I will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Higher floor (above 29th floor) toward east.
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The service was outstanding as were the facilities, particularly the gym, spa,and pool area. Very pricey! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and felt pampered the entire stay. The prices in the restaurant were extremely high but within walking distance there were many restaurants. The service in the pool area was especially nice and the personnel very attentive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We appreciate the delightful feedback on our service and guest facilities. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs and provide you with a warm, yet refined stay. It is wonderful to see that your time spent at the pool was pleasurable.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Simon Pettigrew

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!