“Terrible Customer Service - Don't Go!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami

The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami
500 Brickell Key Drive, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)
+1 305-913-8332
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 176 activities in Miami
Type: Spas
Activities: Swimming
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami is a Five-Star sanctuary featuring six stunning VIP spa suites, with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Biscayne Bay. Each has been custom designed for specific treatments. It's a sensuous environment to indulge in our holistic treatments that blend ancient wisdoms from around the world. From its tri-level grandeur to the enticing menu of original treatments, The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami is one-of-a-kind.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Terrible Customer Service - Don't Go!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had the worst spa experience of my life at The Spa at the Mandarin Oriental hotel and I am a spa regular. My two friends and I were in Miami for a girl's weekend and wanted to have some spa time. We looked at reviews and decided on The Spa. Our appointment was at 5pm for 3 people. We were told to be there 10 to 15 minutes before. We arrived at the hotel 10 minutes before, but by the time we found the spa, it was 4:55pm. We then checked in and were told to wait in the lounge/lobby area until someone came to get us, which we did. We then spent 20+ minutes in the lounge chatting, looking at items for sale, etc. Several different staff members approached us suggesting items that we could buy, but no one came to escort us to our services. Finally we asked and the led us to the changing room, where we were told to "take our time" and when we were ready to go to a specific area. We quickly changed and went to the area where we met our service providers. At this point, we were all told individually that instead of the hour service we booked, we would only have a 20 minute session because we started late. I wasn't even told until my massage was over and I asked why it was only 15 minutes vs the 50 that I had booked.

This was ridiculous! We were there on time and no one ever said that our time started then. In contrary, they told us to TAKE OUR TIME!!!!

When we discussed with a manager, he said the only thing he could do is take 20% off. So I paid $128 for a 15 minute massage! Then on top of it, they charged us 20% gratuity!!!!

I will NEVER go back there and hope others see this review so they don't have the same experience.

Visited April 2012

Miami, Florida
25 attraction reviews
“The spa it's the best in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

It's is great ambiance,good service,and I would come back !!!

Visited August 2011
“Please do not waste your time at the SPA”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is the worst SPA we have ever been. Please do not waste your time or money. It's overrated. Does not deserve 1 star. We have been everywhere in the US and around the world. This is not a 5 Star rated place. Trust me on this. Waste of money and time. You can find better places.

MOResponse, General Manager at The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to Mandarin Oriental, Miami. We would appreciate speaking with you directly so please contact the Executive Office at your earliest convenience.

The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami has received numerous accolades and awards including being the only Five Star Spa in Florida for four consecutive years. Please understand that providing excellent service that is gracious, personalized and attentive to detail is our top priority.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jorge Gonzalez
Area Vice President
Fairfield, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
“Great Spa, beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Came here for a bach party with 3 other woman. The staff was very friendly and took care of everything. The facilities were amazing. We booked 1 hr of time, but spent an hour at steam & sauna rooms. Very nice!

Visited May 2012
Miami, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“The Spa at the Mandarin Oriental- Best in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is without any doubt the best spa in Miami.
Fantastic selection of spa treatments/programs, VIP spa suites.
You will not believe the attention to detail!