“Cheap place to stay and cute decor” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16805 NW 12th Ave, Miami, FL 33169   |
Ranked #118 of 131 hotels in Miami
Englewood, Florida, United States
“Cheap place to stay and cute decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We decided to stay just one more night in the Miami area and found Hotel Roma online. The reviews weren't all that great, but we decided to give it a shot. The hotel could use a little repair and cleaning, but if you don't mind a creaky mattress, a few dust bunnies (not bugs) and limited soundproofing, this is the best place in a not scary area, near the interstate, in Miami for under $100. We had a king size room for $83, including taxes and a continental breakfast. We skipped the breakfast since it was just pastries and hit up Denny's instead. There were almost no channels on our old TV in the room, but we were there just to crash out anyway. We liked this hotel from the moment we entered the driveway, which is decorated with shrubs, Greek statues and lighting. The courtyard out back is similar, including patio tables and a birdcage seating area and pool. It was cute, like a little Greek oasis near the interstate and not something you'd expect to find there.

Room Tip: They advertise a Manager's Special, but I wouldn't risk it. We didn't.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a few days and really enjoyed it! It is located right off 826 Highway, right off the exit ramp 12 ave. This place has a nice pool . We were on the first floor facing Poolside with a nice private balconie. The room was ok BUT cannot complain for the price. I really, really liked the staff here, VERY FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL Marla & Eurika you guys are the "BOMB" keep the great JOB. Any question, any points, any hints, any advice, ask them- very professional. In the end, we were very, very happy with this place. Would recommend it to everybody -ample parking Walmart close by and a few miles to the beach ............ Stay here, if you are in the area!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Gilroy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Beds are horrible, pillows are flat, room smells, bathroom was dirty. Front desk seems not to care at all, no smile, no greeting. Don't stay there, looks like a rundown place. It dont look what you see in the picture, fake, fake fake.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hotel Roma was not bad, my room was clean, the phone in the room didn't work that was bad, there is only wifi in the lobby.There is always room for improvement! I have stayed in hotel far more expendsive and had problems, my stay here was comfortable. It's not a five star but I didn't pay for a five star. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor, the poor side, I can see and hear the Freeway my room , but that did n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel should not be in business. From the minute we walked in to the minute we walked out it was scary. We stayed here to go to Sun Life Stadium. The only pro is it's close to the stadium. The lamp shades were broken, the bedding was dirty, the t.v. got 5 fuzzy stations, the remote control didn't work (had to get new remote and have it programmed), the hallways smelled like mold, none of the ice machines worked, there were only drapes that were dusty, the bathroom lights kept flickering, and the bathroom vent didn't work but hissed really loud. In addition to that, there's nothing within walking distance except a car dealership. Even if there was, I'm not sure I would walk any farther than my car in that area. I usually only think of a hotel room as a bed and shower and don't care where I stay, but I will never even consider this place again. It's the scariest place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Slocomb, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place should be closed down. I had to have my key reprogramed 4 times before I could get into my room. This is an old run down hotel the lamp shades had been fixed with tape and were terribly dirty. The window was open when I came into the room I shut it and it took 2 hours for the room to cool off, this was in January. I took off my socks to get into the tub and the floor was dirty, walking into the room barefoot my feet got dirty before I got into the tub. The bed squeaked everytime I moved.I had to ask housekeeping to clean my room on the 2nd day. There is no internet in the room so i had to go downstairs to get my emails. When I asked the desk clerk about the TV ( I only got 5 channels in my room,416) he said he would have it checked out but I never got any more channels. If I had booked this hotel myself I would have left and demanded a refund! Advice "never ever stay here even if you are homeless!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
St. Croix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Hotel Roma should be shut down. I stayed in 4 different rooms for the week that I was there. No fridge and microwave in the room, a/c not working. The mattress is very soft and uncomfortable, pillows are flat. Worst of all water leaking from the light fixture in the bathroom. OMG not me again. Their phone system doesn't work, no ice bucket. I would not recommend this hotel to any one. Don't let the pictures of the hotel fool you. The best sleep I had was at home after my trip. HOTEL ROMA YOU ALL NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort? Share your experiences!