“SCARY!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Lafayette, Indiana
“SCARY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel should not be in business. From the minute we walked in to the minute we walked out it was scary. We stayed here to go to Sun Life Stadium. The only pro is it's close to the stadium. The lamp shades were broken, the bedding was dirty, the t.v. got 5 fuzzy stations, the remote control didn't work (had to get new remote and have it programmed), the hallways smelled like mold, none of the ice machines worked, there were only drapes that were dusty, the bathroom lights kept flickering, and the bathroom vent didn't work but hissed really loud. In addition to that, there's nothing within walking distance except a car dealership. Even if there was, I'm not sure I would walk any farther than my car in that area. I usually only think of a hotel room as a bed and shower and don't care where I stay, but I will never even consider this place again. It's the scariest place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Slocomb, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place should be closed down. I had to have my key reprogramed 4 times before I could get into my room. This is an old run down hotel the lamp shades had been fixed with tape and were terribly dirty. The window was open when I came into the room I shut it and it took 2 hours for the room to cool off, this was in January. I took off my socks to get into the tub and the floor was dirty, walking into the room barefoot my feet got dirty before I got into the tub. The bed squeaked everytime I moved.I had to ask housekeeping to clean my room on the 2nd day. There is no internet in the room so i had to go downstairs to get my emails. When I asked the desk clerk about the TV ( I only got 5 channels in my room,416) he said he would have it checked out but I never got any more channels. If I had booked this hotel myself I would have left and demanded a refund! Advice "never ever stay here even if you are homeless!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
St. Croix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Hotel Roma should be shut down. I stayed in 4 different rooms for the week that I was there. No fridge and microwave in the room, a/c not working. The mattress is very soft and uncomfortable, pillows are flat. Worst of all water leaking from the light fixture in the bathroom. OMG not me again. Their phone system doesn't work, no ice bucket. I would not recommend this hotel to any one. Don't let the pictures of the hotel fool you. The best sleep I had was at home after my trip. HOTEL ROMA YOU ALL NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Lakes, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is your worst nightmare. The most terrible one.
Their phone system broke back in March or April 2011. So far, it is still broken. No fridge in the room, and also no ice bucket - just a plastic bag, which you should fill in the first floor, close to the lobby, as all other ice machines are broken. Microwave is available in every floor, but... I really don't think the health inspector would approve. No other amenities.
Internet does not work in the rooms, only in the lobby.
This hotel is a long term hotel for immigrants. I found some guests sleeping in the hallways during the day - maybe because their room were full of people, so they sleep in turns.
The hotel is also a place for lovers to meet.
The carpet is dirty, very dirty. 10 years ago a carpet cleaning should do the job. Now, it must be trashed.
A/C was not working also. No matter how you set it, it won't make any difference.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, NOT here. Anywhere, except here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradenton Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

After reading some of the other reviews I was hesitant to stay here. But it was a non-smoking hotel which was important to me, and the price was right. Well, I was amazed at how nice it was. I didn't have ANY complaints at all. I stayed two nights. The staff was excellent. The clientele were polite and quiet. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: I ordered a single queen bed. The room had a large jacuzzi in it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Key West, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place should be shut down. I check in and checked out 20 minutes later. It needs new everything. The matteres are horrible. The hotel dated way back and moldy. I wouldn't let my dog stay here. If you must stay here sleep in your car and it will be the best room in the house. Don't take my word it just go so you can see how bad it is.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

If u r staying here, get up, pack Ur bags and run for cover!!! I've NEVER experienced wut I experienced at this hotel. From ants to lizards to roaches to centapedes, not to mention all the broke down amentities in the room. Being moved 3 times and the General Manager being extremely rude, cutting me off while i was talking, hanging up on me twice and giving me a bogas corporate number! If I'm not fully reimbursed I will b looking for legal representation!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort? Share your experiences!