“Your worst nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami Lakes, Florida
“Your worst nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is your worst nightmare. The most terrible one.
Their phone system broke back in March or April 2011. So far, it is still broken. No fridge in the room, and also no ice bucket - just a plastic bag, which you should fill in the first floor, close to the lobby, as all other ice machines are broken. Microwave is available in every floor, but... I really don't think the health inspector would approve. No other amenities.
Internet does not work in the rooms, only in the lobby.
This hotel is a long term hotel for immigrants. I found some guests sleeping in the hallways during the day - maybe because their room were full of people, so they sleep in turns.
The hotel is also a place for lovers to meet.
The carpet is dirty, very dirty. 10 years ago a carpet cleaning should do the job. Now, it must be trashed.
A/C was not working also. No matter how you set it, it won't make any difference.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, NOT here. Anywhere, except here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bradenton Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

After reading some of the other reviews I was hesitant to stay here. But it was a non-smoking hotel which was important to me, and the price was right. Well, I was amazed at how nice it was. I didn't have ANY complaints at all. I stayed two nights. The staff was excellent. The clientele were polite and quiet. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: I ordered a single queen bed. The room had a large jacuzzi in it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Key West, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place should be shut down. I check in and checked out 20 minutes later. It needs new everything. The matteres are horrible. The hotel dated way back and moldy. I wouldn't let my dog stay here. If you must stay here sleep in your car and it will be the best room in the house. Don't take my word it just go so you can see how bad it is.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

If u r staying here, get up, pack Ur bags and run for cover!!! I've NEVER experienced wut I experienced at this hotel. From ants to lizards to roaches to centapedes, not to mention all the broke down amentities in the room. Being moved 3 times and the General Manager being extremely rude, cutting me off while i was talking, hanging up on me twice and giving me a bogas corporate number! If I'm not fully reimbursed I will b looking for legal representation!

• Stayed August 2012
Orlando, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Beds are hard and squeak, stained sheets, and no hot water in our room. this place is not worth your money.

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel in miami for the night because we were going to wrestlemania that night. For one the picture of the hotel that we saw online must have been taken a few years ago when out seen better days. Then the room we had had no cable our internet connection. There was damages to the room that we took pictures of so they could not charge us extra which they said we must have done out when we was not in the room for more than 5 minutes! All in all I would have rather slept in my car or at my friends crowded house than sleep there ever again worse hotel room ever!!

• Stayed April 2012
Lawrence, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

When we first arrived at 11pm, all four of us (myself, husband, 2 kids), after almost 2000 miles driving they gave me a paper to sign with 1, YES ONE, queen size bed. I asked about it and the man told me I got the "run of the mill" option. WHAT? After watching a family from a foreign country, with the same dynamics as my family, take that bullcrap answer and accept their keys and go, I lost it. They ended up sending us to another hotel nearby. It was much nicer and we were happy there. We then had to return there 7 days later, after our cruise to more of the same disappointment. They gave us a room with two beds. The room had no blankets ( just filthy bedspreads and sheets) no facial tissues (because they do not offer them I was informed very rudely), only about 5 squares of toilet paper on the roll and no extra in site, two bath towels and one washcloth, and a plastic bag as an ice bucket. There were a few extras that you do not get at other hotels such as the foul odor throughout the hotel including the room, broken A/C, black mold on the bathroom ceiling, hair all over the bathroom, rust on both bathtub and sink drains, broken glass on the floor, hairpins laying around, and rings from the bottom of wet glasses on the furniture. And this is my shortened list! The continental breakfast was in one of their "guest rooms" that had been emptied of furniture. It was so crowded with tables and people ( all 7 of them) and the options were few. The cream cheese was piled real high in a styrofoam bowl which I am positive got put back in the fridge for the following day. Needless to say, we chose not to eat there.

We payed for two nights before our cruise and 2 nights after. The first two nights were spent at a different hotel, after the cruise we paid for the two nights but only stayed for one. I could not imagine spending another hour there let alone another night. We chose to drive all the way back to Massachussets, exhausted, over staying in the slum. This was by far THE WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. The location, the staff, the lack of accommodations and the overall shadiness of the place are four good reasons to avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: There is no good room! Just don't stay here at any cost!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort? Share your experiences!