“Brewer game” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Brewer game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've only been to Miller Park in Milwaukee before visiting Marlins Park. I'm not the kind of person to go all out with food at the ballpark, so I really only parked and watched the game. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't find the third base garage to save my life. I'm not sure if they provide an address for each garage, but if they do I couldn't find it. If they don't, they should. I was appalled at how few fans were at the game, as I am used to a packed Miller Park. The facility was pretty nice overall. Given the chance I would consider returning for another Brewers vs. Marlins game.

Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States
12 attraction reviews
“An AWFUL experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have a family project of seeing games in all 30 major-league baseball teams' home parks, and of the 25 that I've visited so far, only one has offered us a genuinely terrible experience. This is that one. The facility itself is not bad at all, a "modern" stadium with decent sight lines and protection from the elements -- I generally prefer outdoor stadiums to domed ones, but you can't argue with keeping the game (and fans) indoors here, away from the oppressive heat and humidity. Yes, there's plenty of schlocky stuff in the park -- the home-run display in center is an abomination -- but most of it is minor. The problem is that it's run by the Marlins, clearly the most fan-unfriendly franchise we have yet encountered. I had a nasty run-in with their gate people regarding a decidedly non-professional camera I was carrying, one that no other major-league team has ever hassled me for using (their cross-state rivals at Tampa Bay were fine with it), and I had to take the thing back to the car. This cost almost three whole innings of game watching, and since the elevator to their parking garage was malfunctioning, it also caused me a great deal of physical pain coming down 5 flights of stairs afterward on a bad, post-surgical knee. They acted like they didn't care about that. Add to this the fact that the fans around us (such few as were there) were obnoxious and hassled us for getting into the seats we'd paid for, and decidedly unfriendly staff at almost all locations, and it was just overall a miserable experience. We'll never go back, and we recommend that you don't either.

Visited April 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
16 attraction reviews
“Indoor Baseball...WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Took family to see the Mets play the Marlins at the new ballpark. It was my first time seeing baseball played indoors. Very interesting feeling to the game vs an outdoor stadium. The stadium itself is beautiful, with great amenities, lots of different food offerings, and where we sat we had a "private" bathroom and a "private" area to purchase food. The bobble-head doll museum was interesting as we tried to find some of our favorite players. Unfortunately the Mets lost, but the two hour drive from home was worth it.

4 attraction reviews
“Great visit and a win for the Marlins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Been to many parks....partial to the older ones but this one was very unique and modernized. Probably the future. Had a fun time with the family.

Visited May 2013
Pike Road, AL
27 attraction reviews
“Nice, New, Clean and Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

It was starting to rain in Miami so we went to the Marlins vs. Mets game - you can get tickets very inexpensively if you plan ahead or look in town. We bought them there, sat in the lower section which has cold air conditioning blowing on you - felt really nice on a humid day. The stadium is beautiful and new. It is really top notch and glitzy like Miami. We prefer older stadiums but this one is nice - easy to get around. The food is interesting - not your typical ball park hot dogs (those are there) but also having Mahi Tacos and other interesting items. Food service is slow, so don't be in a hurry for getting back to your seats.

The community doesn't support the team much- there were die hard fans, but overall it seems the Marlins are begging people to come to their games. They are not a "good" team, but were well matched with the Mets and won which was fun. Maybe there's too much else to do in Miami, or maybe they are just too bad of a team to get the city behind it. We enjoyed stopping by though.

Visited June 2013

Been to Marlins Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Marlins Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

You added Marlins Park to your Saves list