“To the perfection!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Puerto Rico
“To the perfection!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Great burger! Perfect for hang out! Very nice people! I will repeat again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
wakefield
“Best burger and beer joint in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We visited here with our daughter and son in law who live in Miami. We usually go to Beer and burger in Brickell but after two bad visits we thought we would try LoKal... So glad we did. Service excellent, food amazing ... Would highly recommend it

• Visited April 2012
Jerusalem, Israel
“Best Burger in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I know in the States there is no lack for choices for burgers, from the cheapest fast food to an upscale restaurant burger. I loved the new Lokal burger restaurant in the Grove, the food and service was excellent and lots of options for doing a designer burger. For your love of the higher quality burger, nice food, service and pleasant atmosphere!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Great Veggie Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

[From now on, I only give 5 stars to vegetarian / vegan establishments, or that at least offer a variety of vegetarian selections.]

LoKal is a very charming place in the heart of Coconut Grove. The decor is fantastic and the food was delicious. I can't really comment on the beef burgers; however, their veggie burger and sweet potato fries were amazing! The veg burger was huge (enouch to share) and was very flavorful. That was the only option for a vegetarian (except for salads). It wasn't cheap, but not too overpriced either ($10).

You can sit inside or out and there is free speedy wi-fi. It is super-casual, just as you would expect for the Grove vibe. Service was good and the place is very clean. Parking can be an issue; but, if you're lucky, you can find a metered spot nearby.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Splendid Burgers in Coconut Grove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My teenaged daughter and I ate at LoKal while we were in the Miami area for her school break. We were staying nearby and stopped in for dinner early on a weeknight. The small restaurant is located on a quiet street and has a pleasantly funky decor. The restaurant was not busy and, therefore, we were seated immediately by our very friendly server. My daughter ordered "The Classic" with regular fries and I had the "Miami Blues" with sweet potato fries. We both asked for our burgers to be cooked so that the interior would not be pink. Unfortunately the hamburger served to my daughter was still pink in the middle and had to be sent back to the kitchen. This request was politely handled by our server, however, I was surprised that, rather than replacing the burger, it was simply re-cooked and returned on a fresh bun. Nevertheless, the burgers were very tasty and both types of fries were well-prepared and served with a delicious honey mustard dipping sauce.

I would certainly recommend this restaurant and would happily return.

• Visited March 2012