“Adventure of a lifetime!” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Dining, Viewing wildlife, Birdwatching
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Boca Raton
“Adventure of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

This was an adventure of a lifetime to say the least! The VIP tour with Ryan was unbelievable! This is one of the few places in the world where you can interact with monkeys, lemurs, 150 year old Tortoises, an almost extinct bird, Snakes, Sugarbear, kangaroos, and crocodiles.. only to name a few. It was a memory to cherish forever and I will definitely be back in the near future to tour with Ryan!

Visited March 2015
JungleIsland, General Manager at Jungle Island, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Annelise,

Thank you for your raving review of our VIP tour experience. We aim to get our guests closer than ever to rare animals from around the world. We are thrilled you enjoyed your tour with Ryan and look forward to welcoming you back for more exciting adventures at Jungle Island.

Managing Director

“Fun place but be prepared to wait for everything and pay expensive prices for photos, food and experiences.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015 via mobile

I went two weekends ago with my friends and nephew. My friend is a teacher so she was able to enter for free and got 4 of us a 50% discount. We had to wait in line for almost 30 minutes to buy our tickets. We opted to buy the critter encounter for $15 and it was unnecessary. They bring the animals around constantly for you to take pictures. But, they onlu keep the animal in your hand long enough for them to take a picture And take it away if your trying to take a picture of your own.The petting zoo was nice but you could only feed them on the outside so we never even walked in. Going in to see the Kangaroos was interesting but they were all sleeping but if you wanted a picture you were able to get one. We were starving and decided to seek out food at the cafeteria we had to walk outside the park to get to the cafeteria only to wait over 30 minutes for cheeseburgers. They literally had 3 people working on the food and one person at the cash register. They took orders one by one and were in no rush to get the food out or prepare for the customers in line. The lady taking orders was talking about nonsense to customers instead of focusing on getting the customers their food in a timely fashion. They forgot my burger and had to remake it after I had been standing in line for 30 minutes. They seemed to have no clue how to run a restaurant. It is a limited menu of burgers, chicken sandwiches, chicken tenders and fries. It's supposed to be quick food. While we were standing in line waiting an employee was putting ice in the machine behind us and kept bumping into us without saying excuse me. There was a man wearing a black chefs coat I'm assuming was the manager did absolutely nothing to help but yet said he was going to order a pizza for those employees and then walked into the back. The cooks seemed to have no idea what was going on and need a lot of help with organizing orders and quick service. No one apologized for the wait or seemed to really care about the long wait and throat I had to tell them my order that they forgot over 4 times. It cost me $23 for a burger, fries and chicken tenders for my nephew. We didn't even buy drinks because we got cups of water. After that we rushed to the critter encounter to only be able to hold a baby kangaroo and have a bird sit on our shoulders. Don't get me wrong this was nice and you get to take your own pictures but it was only two animals we thought it was going to be more. Overall my nephew had fun he was able to hold an alligator, kangaroo, and some other animals and critters. It was nice to see all the animals and take pictures but when it came to paying for the pictures Jungle Island took it was super expensive it cost us over $60 for 5 pictures you can get a CD for $75 I believe of all the pictures from the day but no print out. The pictures were printed on Por quality paper so I recommend the CD if you go and make them take a lot of pictures to make it worth it. Overall my nephew had fun and so did we. But we were so frustrated with the cafeteria experience and how they take the animals away so quickly. I understand they want you to buy their pictures it's a business but they are super expensive and not great quality. Also my friend wanted to do the lemur experience when we bought the tickets but that was
sold out so she couldn't. I don't know if I would go back but my nephew had fun and we got to see a lot of interesting creatures so that's all that matters.

Visited March 2015
We value your feedback and will be sure to address your concerns. Please call me directly to discuss further.

Miami, Florida
78 attraction reviews
“Great parrots, poor shows”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

We came to visit recently (our last visit was 10 years ago.) the gardens have improved and become more mature. The parrots as usual are enchanting. The bird show was minimally entertaining with a little audience involvement. The reptile show and wild mammal show were a big disappointment. Only one reptile was brought out. The announcer talked about the animals. Each show was 20 minutes of announcers talking. This is a rip off for a $40 ticket per person. Plus parking is another $10. Would not recommend this attraction any longer.

Visited March 2015
Our guest feedback is extremely important to us. Please call me directly to discuss your experience further. Glad you liked our parrots.

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Perfect Saturday Afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

My boyfriend and I visited Jungle Island, and loved it! We were greeted as soon as we walked in by Allison in guest services. She was very friendly, she provided us with a map of the park and even gave us some fun facts about the animals there! While walking through the park we encountered another employee, Carlos. He was very nice as well and encouraged us to check out the little tiger show! My boyfriend and I both being in the hospitality industry really appreciated the personable employees! Jungle Island really provides intimate settings with the animals, we even got to pet a Kangaroo! For future goers, definitely check out Peanut the Orangutan, we could not believe how smart and funny she was. We will definitely come back for another visit to Jungle Island when Parrot Cove reopens! I would definitely recommend Jungle Island for couples and families.

Visited March 2015
We are delighted to learn about your perfect Saturday afternoon at Jungle Island. Our team works hard to provide guests with a memorable visit. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and to acknowledge several employees who helped add to your enjoyment of the park. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and appreciate you recommending us to others.

Miami, Florida
22 attraction reviews
“Disappointed by the shortening of the lemur experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

This was our third trip to Jungle Island, myself and my 22 year old son. We found out about Jungle Island about a year ago when he was in Miami visiting me from Virginia. He also came back in August, mostly just to go to see the Lemurs again. When he came back this March I had bought the annual passes that came with the lemur encounter. We called and booked it and expected the same thing, not having any idea it had changed from 25 minutes with the lemurs to 10 minutes. Yes if you pay for the experience it dropped from $45 to $25, however we would rather have an option to have a longer visit with the lemurs. We got into the room, the lemurs came out, and then before we knew it they were being put away. It was explained to us by different workers that it was felt the longer encounter was too expensive and this way it gave more people the ability to do the encounter. As we passed through that area during our time in the park after our encounter we saw the lemurs alone in the room, without visitors - pretty much like in past. They also changed it from 6-8 lemurs to just 4, so when there are other people in the room with you there are times you aren't near a lemur. They told us that was so the lemurs would get to rest and not have to be around as many people (they cycle them in and out). The rest of the park was still beautiful and we love the size. The animals and their enclosures look happy and well taken care of and clean. The annual passes gave us free parking and the kangaroo meeting for no extra charge, so I was glad we had those, thus why we still felt Jungle Island is a nice place to visit. We just aren't sure if we would be back (even with our annual passes) to a 10 minute lemur encounter in the future.