“Great shows, but way overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 215 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Atlanta, Georgia
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Great shows, but way overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Where else can you see a beautiful animal that is a cross betwwen a lion and a tiger? Haven't viewed white tigers outside of Las Vegas, but here were some cubs. Both of these animals are included in the jungle show.
We also enjoyed the bird show, with many unique birds flying about.
Both shows were excellent. We were fortunate to attend during a fit food festival for kids so there were many vendors offering free samples. Yogurt, granola, kefir, Mc pDonal's smoothies and Mc wraps were just some of the foods to try.
Here is the downside...you have just paid a fortune to get into Jungle Island and the first thing is staff lined up with parrots, alligators and other animals to pose with you. Then their photographer snaps a photo, costing you more money if you buy the pictutre! ASTONISHINGLY, THERE WAS NO HAND SANITIZER OR WATER AND SOAP AVAILABLE TO GUESTS AFTER THEY HAVE TOUCHED WILD ANIMALS! Isn't that in violation of basic health codes?
Wouldn't it be fub to pet a kangaroo? That will be another $5 a person!
To save money here, look online or ask your hotel for discounts. Don't miss the shows. Be prepared for the outrageous fee of $12 to park and evey other penny the park can eek out of you.

1 Thank panpanda

Cooper City, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“GO TO MIAMI ZOO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My sister and I decided we wanted to have a fun filled day at a zoo. After a day of deciding we chose jungle island. Oh how we were wrong! Lethargic is the best way to put it, everything was gray and dull the animals looked sad. You could hear the construction across the bay. It was confusing with the map. Do not go to jungle island.

4 Thank JacobRones
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I hardly ever take the time to write a review, but ever since I went to Jungle Island last Sunday, I felt the urge to write about it. I took my daughter and my boyfriend's daughter, spent (wasted) $103 bucks + the parking (which to my surprise was not included in the outrageous price), and felt that I had been robbed. Luckily there was Doctor Wasabi's show and 2 other guys showing birds do silly tricks, but even their good will was not worth the 100 dollars. The animals (lions, tiger, panther (or whatever it was), warthog, orangutans, etc) were all laying down, sleeping (I guess). Judging for their tight and disgusting space, it was the only thing they could possibly do. No space for walking, forget about running. The three of us walked along the park feeling we had to call an Animal Protection Agency to come rescue these poor things. So first, I really think Jungle Island ought to invest in a descent place for its animals, and secondly, until they do that they should reduce the ticket price in half, and even that would be not worth the money.

5 Thank felicitassg
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lemur Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I visited Jungle island in January and cannot say enough great things about the Lemur experience! The lemur trainer was very friendly and informative. Since there was no appointment after us, she extended our time with the lemurs to almost an hour! It was worth every dollar! You are able to get the lemur package w.o buying a zoo package. I advise you do so.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Autumn P
washington dc
“birds great, price no”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

loved the birds, but the pricing is high $35 per person + tax and parking and they push you to buy the photos which can be another $20 plus per crack. From talking with some of the staff there, most of the shows are for young children, there was only 1 show they felt worked for adults. For a young family they will enjoy it, but you have to spend for pictures.