“VIP Tour was a blast!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 204 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Anchorage, Alaska
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“VIP Tour was a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We took the VIP tour with Ryan, and had a great time! I would recommend getting the photography package too, so you don't have to risk missing out on any of the experience by fooling with your camera. Ryan was very informative, and all of the animal interactions were so much fun! We even stayed for a couple of hours after the tour to continue visiting the different areas and to see all of the shows. I think it's a great place for a visit!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Lisa W

• Turkish first
Hollywood, Florida
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“An escape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

If you want an escape from the usual, this is a good place to go. I have an annual pass which is worth the money even if you go twice a year. You can hangout with kangaroos for an extra $5, feed birds, and see exotic animals. The shows have less or more animals depending on the time of day and the weather but they are usually the same. Winged Wonders is a must see and Dr Wasabi is cool because they let you pet the animals if youre lucky. The whole area can be seen within 2 hours. More time is needed if you want to actually spend time watching the animals.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank anonymous12_11
Florida Keys
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Wildly over-priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

$35 per person? For what?! While most of the negative reviews focus on the high price of souvenir photos or extra fees for holiday events, we we just disappointed by the sheer lack of anything to see for twice the price of similarly-themed destinations. This was a spectacular attraction 30 years and two locations ago, but now it's a shadow of its creator's original vision. Very sad. We got 20% off as members of ZooMiami and it was still over $50 for two adults. What a complete waste. Go to the Zoo. Go to Fairchild Gardens or one of Miami's many wonderful non-profit museums, but DO NOT waste your time and money at Jungle Island. Oh, and "management": please do not insult this reviewer with one of your condescending false apology responses unless you intend to make a refund (not a "return voucher") available to this extremely dissatisfied customer.

1 Thank MysteriousIslander
Hollywood, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It snows in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I went to the new program offered at Jungle Island during the holiday season "Winter Wonder Island'. I have to say it was such a great time and I got to see snow without having to get on a plane and head north! The holiday lights and offerings for kids were amazing and my niece had a great time getting her face painted and decorating a holiday cookie. It was so different to see the park at night having visited during the daytime. Completely different experience and vibe. The highlight was the tubing station where you can ride down a manmade hill made with ice and snow. It had been years since I had did something like that and it brought back great memories of my childhood. Great addition to the park during the holidays. I hope they bring back Winter Wonder Island next holiday season.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Gabriel L
Deerfield Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Love to take visiting family and friends there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My granddaughter had a lovely time there, especially with feeding the kangaroos. One of the Joeys mother stood fight up to take carrots from her, wrapping her arms around the arms of my granddaughter to pull the treat closer. We were all giggling. She petted the Brahma cows and a long tongue slid out to touch her arm. She was really giggling. We used wipes to clean her up. A grandson and his brother, young teenagers loved feeding birds and did get nicked a bit
That was a close encounter but they kept going back. They were impressed with the size if the Liger. The shows were good and we loved the birds flying overhead and liked the tricks. Only thing that made me nervous was when I walked around tiger cage. The big cat followed me looking at me. I was thankful it was behind safety glass as I was feeling stalked. I Don't want to meet up with one not in a cage or secured behind a glass cage. So I got a bit of a thrill too. I want to go today and am looking for coupons to take a different granddaughter, this one 23, not 8. It is a bit expensive but a season pass cuts the price if we go several times and take someone along. All ages seem to enjoy it but it is even more fun if we have kids with us. Grandson was fearful of some animals but 8 year old granddaughter was holding the gator and python was draped around her neck. We bought photos too as we all enjoyed them. One photo for kid and one for us. Lovely way to spend a day.

Carolyn Wilkerson, Deerfield Beach, FL