“Biggest waste of money and nothing to do!” 1 of 5 stars

Activities: Dining, Viewing wildlife, Birdwatching
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Hollywood, Florida
“Biggest waste of money and nothing to do!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I just read some of the other reviews regarding Jungle Island and I don't know how anyone could be pleased with this place! I bought groupons for my family of 5 as my children really wanted to see snow and I thought that was what I was getting. The groupon was very misleading as I was under the impression that this groupon was specifically for the winter wonderland and included the snow. After further research I learned the snow was limited to half hour increments but I still thought that was included and we could do it as many times as we wanted. When I arrived at Jungle Island I was informed the snow was a separate price and we had to choose our time slot. I had to pay $10 per person and that was for 20 min of snow. We also had to pay $10 parking. Luckily, we went on a week night (Thursday). I decided to go on a week day after I received an email from Groupon advising that Jungle Island was reaching capacity at their park on Fri and Sat nights and if we went on a week night they were offering an extra something to the people that purchased a groupon. The night we went we were supposed to get a free hat or shirt. They told us all of the shirts were gone and they only had hats. They were one size fits all, cheapy and entirely too big for my children. The snow is at the back of the park so you walk past many animal exhibits except they have no lights on and all the animals are sleeping. There is honestly nothing to do there. There are a few lights, some hula hoops for the kids to play with and some music on to dance with. You can take a pic with santa "for free" but don't try to take a pic with your own camera, they don't allow you to. They hand you a ticket so you can go purchase a pic. The santa claus was not a real looking santa either. Very ghetto, if you will. The snow experience is nothing how it was advertised. When I hear "Winter Wonderland", I am thinking something amazing. Not a tent with some hard ice called snow that is brown and slippery. Not a 15 ft hill that you can slide down into the spectators at the bottom because there's not enough space. This whole experience was just awful. To make matters worse, I went to Customer Relations like an employee told me to when I told him I was disappointed, and a man named Eddy was extremely defensive when I told him how unhappy I was. I was trying to give some feedback and all he could say was "that's your opinion" and "I'm sorry to hear that" in a sarcastic and annoyed manner. I wasn't looking for anything free. If I was, I would've went in and asked for my money back for the snow. I was just trying to give feedback and instead of listening to me, he was too busy arguing with me and trying to tell me how great the park is. The funny thing is, I spoke to a couple employees while I was there just to find out what there was to do there, I thought maybe I was missing something but the employees I spoke to actually AGREED with me. They too, said it was a waste of money and there is nothing to do there. I feel so bad for all of the people that paid money to go there. Oh, let me not forget to mention, when you go to the ticket counter to redeem the groupon, they will give you tickets to return Jan 6 - some time in March (with black out dates) so you can experience the park during the day. Of course they aren't valid during winter break when kids are out of school, but who would want to go back any way? Total total rip off!

Visited December 2013
JungleIsland, Public Relations Manager at Jungle Island, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Hi Deidra,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Winter Wonder Island. We read each of our reviews and wanted to take a moment to address some of our comments. Sessions for the Frosty’s Island Snow Play experience are 30 minutes and we limit the number of guests in order to maintain the integrity and quality of the experience. We continuously refresh the snow in the area to keep it looking as fresh as possible however, natural melting of the snow does create brown spots in certain areas.
We’re glad to hear that you received the email from Groupon regarding the incentives to visit on weeknights. We offered a complimentary hat or shirt on the night you visited and the email stated that quantities were limited and were available while supplies lasted. Many of our visitors chose the complimentary t-shirt when they arrived so our supplies quickly ran out.
Additionally, we are aware that many of the animals that call Jungle Island home will be sleeping during our evening hours and for this reason, we have several of our animal handlers roaming the park with critters that guests can interact with. We also offered a voucher for guests to return to the park during our day time hours from January 6 through March 6. The voucher is not valid for Winter Break as we wanted to avoid any confusion with those guests visiting the park for Winter Wonder Island.
We are looking into the additional comments you had regarding our employees as one of our top priorities here on Jungle Island is the guest experience and providing the utmost in customer service. With all of this in mind, we do hope that you take advantage of your return voucher so you can experience the park during the day. We can assure you that a day time visit to Jungle Island is an amazing experience and one that should not be missed.

“Real ❄️snow❄️ in Miami Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My kids had a blast at the Frosty Island at Winter Wonderisland, sliding down the snow in a tube and throwing snowballs at each other, I would had paid and extra session of it if I didn't have to walk back all the way to the entrance to get the tickets. It was SO MUCH FUN! The snow was soft and incredibly AMAZING for a 79F night, totally loved it!!!! Thank you Jungle Island for making real snow in Miami Beach! ❤️ What a perfect night!

Visited December 2013
Hi Heidy! Thank you so much for visiting Winter Wonder Island and for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed the experience and we will make note of your comment and make additional snow play session tickets available at the entrance to Frosty’s Island. We hope that you will visit us again in the future!
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Terrible.... Save your money, this is truly disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We drove over an hour to get
Find out at the ticket counter that it's an additional $10 for the snow. I wouldn't mind spending the money if it was worth it! Ntrudt me it wasn't worth the money. The place looks hideous the food is terrible and the employees are rude!

Miami, Florida
“Blatant money grab and horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Save your money and don't waste your time bringing your kids here. We bought a groupon for this which clearly stated in the first line of the description "snow and sledding" and upon arriving at the entrance were told that we had to purchase another pass which cost $10 per person to enter the snow area. We tried to purchase for the two kids but were told an adult had to accompany so we forked up the cash for all four of us. $40 dollars later we were given a pass to enter the snow area at 7:30pm with no indication of a time limit. We killed time by grabbing a bite to eat and walking around but really not much to see except a bunch of dark animal cages and mediocre light displays. Upon arriving at the snow area an employee advised we only get 30 minute shifts. It was 7:28pm. we then stood in a line and weren't able to enter until 7:38. When I showed the employee at the entrance the time on my phone I advised her we were promised 30 min, but her response was that it's too hard to get everybody out so they would call time 5 min before the 8pm shift. Really? Bring kids from miami to a place to see snow and give them 20 min to enjoy it before rudely ushering them out? I have never seen such a rude and more disorganized group of employees less interested in the customer experience at any children's event in my life. The only saving grace was the person at customer relations who was apologetic and offered us another 30 minutes in the snow but honestly the employees there were so rude we did not want to go back. If you have purchased this groupon and haven't used it yet try to get a refund. you don't get what you think you paid for and you will avoid a lot of frustration and disappointment.

Visited December 2013
JungleIsland, Public Relations Manager at Jungle Island, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Hi Cristy, Thank you for sharing your experience of our Winter Wonder Island event. We wanted to take a moment and address your concerns regarding our snow play area. We can assure you that even if a session does not start on time, guests are guaranteed 30 minutes in the snow play area. Additionally, each session ticket has the session start time printed on it as well as the specified amount of time in order to avoid any confusion. In order to maintain the safety of our guests, we cannot allow children to enter the play area without adult supervision. We apologize for any miscommunication or any inconvenience that you experienced and we would like to encourage you to visit us again during our day time hours.
Miami, Florida
“Winter Wonderland is a Bad Joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Winter Wonderland is a big waste of money and a joke. Very disappointing experience. The "light trail" is barely lit, "candy land" is nonexistent, the "light show" seemed more like a couple of kids playing with lasers. We were never told that to go see the snow you had to pay an extra $10 per person. Based on the poor quality of the event we did not pay to access snow area because we figured we'd be throwing the money away. No Christmas music in the park, food was bad to say the least, parking was a nightmare, and the experience was overall a let-down.

Visited December 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our Winter Wonder Island event. Each review is important to us so we thought we would take a moment to address your concerns. We are continuously adding activities and shows for our guests to experience in addition to the multiple trails of holiday lights and displays. While the snow play is additional fee, we can assure you that it is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and we do apologize that you did not choose to take part in the area. We’ve also developed a detailed plan to facilitate parking for our guests. With all of this in mind, we encourage you to visit us again in the future including paying us a visit during our day time park hours.