“My kids will remember this day for the rest of their lives!” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Dining, Viewing wildlife, Birdwatching
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“My kids will remember this day for the rest of their lives!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I visited Jungle Island over the holiday. We were traveling with two kids (12 and 14) who tend to prefer theme park vacations. They were completely surprised by how much they enjoyed Jungle Island. We all did the VIP tour and it was well worth the price. The kids were blown away by the hands-on encounters with the monkeys and the lemurs. The Jungle Island staff is incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and engaging. We ate a delicous lunch in the cafe and left with a CD of pictures that the kids cannot wait to share with their friends. Jungle Island is more than a zoo--it is an experience. Well worth the price!

13 attraction reviews
“Miss the old Parrot Jungle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The picture shown is from the old Parrot Jungle. It was a very pleasant place to visit. Unfortunately some rich people started moving into the neighborhood and complained about the park. Parrot Jungle was forced out, even though they were there first. The new Jungle is not quite as good as the old one. Too much concrete, not enough natural lush. And more expensive than before. Shame, really.

New Jersey, United States
30 attraction reviews
“Attractions Good but everything costs extra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We liked the attractions. Unfortunately, you haveto pay extra as soon as you walk in the door. You can't get in without waiting on a line to get your picture taken that you have to pay for. Any pictures with any birds or other animals have to be taken by their staff and cost over $20. No personal cameras for those. The three shows were good. We especially liked seeing the show with the Joey. We were saddened by how small the tiger cages are. One of our favorite parts was the orangutans. The woman who works with them spent a lot of time with us answering questions and teaching us interesting facts. My son bought a painting made by one of them. The VIP tour looked like it was worth the money if you want to spend it.

Livingston, New Jersey
“Awful- Crowded, ridiculous lines.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

First let me say, my family and I have enjoyed Jungle Island even back when it was parrot Jungle, so we are quite familiar with the park. I have small children and m oldest reall enjoy interacting with the animals.

I have never written a negative review online about anyplace, but this place took the cake.

I am not exactly sure what happened, but the line for tickets was extremely long, close to 20 minutes. That should have been my first clue to turn around. Next once inside the park, I waited 15 minutes to buy a gatorade for my son and they refused to give me a cup so he could share with his brother.
The lines were crazy, wall to wall people, disney-like without the rides.

Apparently there was some kind of local promotion, not sure what it was, but I was not informed of the discounted tickets or the crowds when I bought m full price tickets. I actually bought season passes as the are only slightly more, and while I am from NJ we may be back in the area next year.

We left after a half hour and I spoke with a manager named Monica Castenada who was extremely unhelpful. When I laid out my concerns and issues as above, she just kept repeating 'we don't give refunds', 'what do you want me to do about it'? I spent 160 dollars to be lectured to. I expressed that there should have been some sort of sign that there was an unsually large crowd on site and I could have made my choice before spending 160 dollars to get 4 people into the park for a half hour.

Beware, this is not a well run park, while they do have cute animals, do not expect good customer service.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Fun for the family, military free! Photos ops, well...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice nature display for the family. Photo opportunities (money makers!) are a bit aggravating though. As soon as you enter the park, you are guided to the "photo spot", positioned, photographed, then told "view and pay or your pictures in the gift shop". Really, most people just want to get candid shots of their children or grandchildren next to the animals!