“hmm” 3 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Aberdeen, Scotland
22 attraction reviews
“hmm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Not what I expected, the cages that housed the animals were quite small and the entrance fee was a bit high. The burgers at the cafe were delicious and you can pay a quarter to get parrot treats and feed the macaws and parrots. The white tigers were beautiful but looked bored in their enclosure.

Salem, Connecticut
6 attraction reviews
“Park was neat, staff horrible”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I love animals, so I wanted to check out Parrot Jungle. Wide variety of animals in a pretty setting. The staff needs improvement. Upon parking, we were screamed at by the parking attendent because the signs were confusing. They told us to wait at a shuttle and then told by another employee to walk into the park and not wait for the shuttle. Without explanation they said satand here and next thing I know there were 8 parrots on me and my husband. It makes a wonderful picture but a little warning would be nice. I tried to pick up pictures and the picture station was closed. I figure out to go to the gift shop to look at them. I will say they were nice pictures and they had a deal going on so they were not outrageous. My husband & I went, bu its definitely a place to bring the family and kids. And on the way out we managed to get yelled at again by the parking attendant. Considering it was a slow day there was no reason to highly upset with confused tourist. It is a tourist attraction.

Visited August 2012
boca raton
4 attraction reviews
“THE MOST FUN THING TO DO IN ALL OF MIAMI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

IT'S NOT JUST PARROTS. IT'S A PLETHORA OF DIFFERENT ANIMALS IN DIFFERENT SETTINGS - INCLUDING HOLDING EXOTIC ANIMALS [MY DAUGHTER HELD A BABY TIGER AND MY OTHER DAUGHTER HELD A TODDLER CHIMPANZEE!] extra fee but an amazing VIP experience for a special occasion. And of course, the Parrots are REALLY special!!
There's such delightful atmosphere -may have something to do with location on the water in the middle of Miami! it's designed very exclusively. [clean and neat as well]

really and truly the best place for a phenomenal time with your children [on literally ANY age]

Visited November 2011
Hillsdale, ON
16 attraction reviews
“Lemur Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Did not tour the Parrot Jungle park but did the Lemur Experience. If you love handling (and being handled) by incredibly soft, sweet creatures, this is for you. Had a full 45 minutes surrounded by the lemurs, feeding them and learning about them. All around very good!

Stratford, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
“I was impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Although it is expensive, I thought it was great. I've never been to a zoo where you were so close to sure exotic animals. They have a few shows where they actually bring out tigers and linx for you to see up close. I think my husband and I enjoyed it more than our kids (4 & 2) though. We loved seeing the lions, tigers and even a liger up close. They charge for everything, but so do all zoos and attractions like this. I would definitely visit again in a few years, when the kids are old enough to enjoy it more.