“Quick rental after work” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 178 Activities in Miami
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Come join us with your friends and family at CoconutGrove Kayaks for a fun time out of the water! We offers both Kayaks and Paddleboard rentals right from Dinner Key Marina in Coconut Grove.Paddle along the local marinas, take a hike on one of the picnic islands, or simply enjoy kayaking on our tandem kayaks, and discover the beauties the nature of biscayne bay has to offer! Our Harbor is protected from all weather condition, our calm waters makes learning to paddleboard fun and easy, no matter how much experience you have! For the more adventurous, join us on one of our eco tour along the coral gables water way, sunset paddle and moonlight excursion!
Birmingham, Alabama
“Quick rental after work”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I finished my work in Miami at 4:30 pm on a Friday and had a 9:30 pm flight that night back home to Birmingham. I didn't want to sit in the airport for five hours, so I went to Miami Catamarans for a quick sail on Biscayne Bay. The friendly staff had me on the water in 15 minutes despite being very busy. Now, they forgot to ask me if I knew how to sail, and I'm just an okay sailor. I kind of expected a briefing of some kind. I guess they expected me to ask if I didn't know something. But it was the perfect way to unwind and kill a few hours before my flight. The breeze was stiff but just short of scary, which means fun. The Miami skyline from the water in the late afternoon is awesome. I saw two sea turtles and a big ray while sailing. The boat was in tip top shape. I had a walkie talkie on board for peace of mind. I sailed for 90 mins or so and then showered off just steps away from the rental center. 20 mins later I was dropping off my rental car and off to the terminal with time to spare. 100% chance of me returning.

Visited August 2013

Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“Fantastic day out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Last week I contacted Miami Catamarans by Facebook. I got an instant reply and an hour later I met their friendly staff. Although having sailed before I received a concise, but good briefing before I set off. Fantastic location, friendly and professional staff and nice boats. When I am back in Miami I will certainly return!

Visited June 2013
Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“If you love sailing . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is the place for you. If you are in the Key Biscayne, Florida area, you must try this one. The staff is very accommodating and you are guaranteed a good time. The hobies are in great condition and you can get a refresher or a lesson if you would like before you go!

Ask for Howard, the attendant! He is very nice and will get you everything you need to get ready to have a wonderful sailing day!

Visited December 2012
Jersey City, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We joined two veteran sailors for a spin around Key Biscayne today. Miami Catamarans was great, the weather turned bad just as we were about to leave and we left for several hours. When we returned the sun was shining and our Hobie was ready. The crew was helpful with getting us started, suggestions, etc.-and the Hobies were in great shape. Fun day, totally recommend.

Visited November 2012
Pittsboro, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Fun in the Sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Miami catamarans offers a great experience for a reasonable price. The equipment is in excellent condition and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful. It is easy to find with parking very close by. They provide water and offer advice about what not to take on the water! A walkie talkie is provided and can be used if you need assistance. Would definitely go back again.

Visited November 2012